Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ozzfest 2006 Rumors if anyone is interested

skinsfanevan

there was an article posted on blabbermouth.net on what "industry insiders" say who has been invited/confirmed etc.

So far, here are the bands that will most likely be playing at the 11th annual ozzfest, the first without Ozzy

Headliners: Metallica

System of a Down

Black Label Society*

Disturbed*

Avenged Sevenfold

Bleeding Through*

Atreyu

Body Count*

*confirmed bands

So lets keep this thread, if anyone else besides me is even interested in Ozzfest, for rumors and confirmations until the full lineup and dates are announced

PS: Marilyn Manson was the rumored headliner for a while but he apparently declined the invitation

bleh... crappy line-up so far. i was hoping tool would headline. the sounds of the underground tour is shaping up much better. confirmed bands so far are as follows; AS I LAY DYING, GWAR, IN FLAMES, TRIVIUM, CANNIBAL CORPSE, TERROR, THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER, BEHEMOTH, THE CHARIOT and THROUGH THE EYES OF THE DEAD.

bleh... crappy line-up so far. i was hoping tool would headline. the sounds of the underground tour is shaping up much better. confirmed bands so far are as follows; AS I LAY DYING, GWAR, IN FLAMES, TRIVIUM, CANNIBAL CORPSE, TERROR, THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER, BEHEMOTH, THE CHARIOT and THROUGH THE EYES OF THE DEAD.

Yeah i was just at the Trivium/ In Flames show and i would pay double just to see those two bands again.

Trivium is an amazing band, and they are so...AWESOME...live

PULL! HARDER!

• 2 weeks later...

alright alright alright

With the official announcement expected later today, decoymusic.com reports:

Main Stage:

System of a Down

Tool

Marilyn Manson

Disturbed

Avenged Sevenfold

Hatebreed

Second Stage (non rotating):

Black Label Society

Atreyu

Unearth

Bleeding Through

Norma Jean

Second Stage (rotating):

Between The Buried And Me

Walls Of Jericho

All That Remains

The Red Chord

A Life Once Lost

i'll post the official one when its released later

That's right, hail swedish metal gods \m/

wow, what happened to the awesome lineup of last year? Iron Maiden, In Flames, Soilwork, Arch Enemy, it was pretty rediculous.

That lineup so far doesnt strike anything in me.

alright alright alright

With the official announcement expected later today, decoymusic.com reports:

Main Stage:

System of a Down

Tool

Marilyn Manson

Avenged Sevenfold

Hatebreed

Second Stage (non rotating):

Black Label Society

Atreyu

Unearth

Bleeding Through

Norma Jean

Second Stage (rotating):

Between The Buried And Me

Walls Of Jericho

All That Remains

The Red Chord

A Life Once Lost

i'll post the official one when its released later

Wow. That's an impressive Main Stage.

No way in hell shoud system of a down headline over tool or manson. Ozzfest is a joke, all they do is rehash the same bands every single year. I can't believe people actually listen to system of a down, the singer sounds like a cross between goat boy and a cat getting run over by a steamroller.

No way in hell shoud system of a down headline over tool or manson. Ozzfest is a joke, all they do is rehash the same bands every single year. I can't believe people actually listen to system of a down, the singer sounds like a cross between goat boy and a cat getting run over by a steamroller.

:laugh: they aren't that bad

None of the bands there are within two leagues of Tool

Eh, I'm a bit dissapointed in that line-up. Where is Maiden, Priest, Sabbath, Anthrax, or Metallica? The only bands that I'd really want to see on the Main stage in that line-up is Tool and Hatebreed.

Weak. I hope they add another big name headliner.

Manson, SOAD, Tool, and Hatebreed all on a NATIONAL TOUR is a HUGE lineup. If this was a festival or something, that'd be normal, but these are 4 headline caliber bands.

Manson, SOAD, Tool, and Hatebreed all on a NATIONAL TOUR is a HUGE lineup. If this was a festival or something, that'd be normal, but these are 4 headline caliber bands.

Chopper, this is one of those times where our age difference is apparent. :)

Those 4 would never headline MY Ozzfest lineup. :laugh: Manson is a freak show. System of the Down has about two songs I like. Hatebreed would be the best of the four for me, with Tool a close second.

My IDEAL, wet-dream Ozzfest line-up would be.

Main Stage.

Black Sabbath, w/ Ronnie and Ozzy.

Judas Priest

Iron Maiden

Anthrax

Shadow's Fall

Slayer

Cliff Burton era Metallica.

Minus Metallica, and Ronnie James Dio era Sabbath, all these groups have headlined different Ozzfests over the last few years. All in the same show would be insane.

Chopper, this is one of those times where our age difference is apparent. :)

Those 4 would never headline MY Ozzfest lineup. :laugh: Manson is a freak show. System of the Down has about two songs I like. Hatebreed would be the best of the four for me, with Tool a close second.

My IDEAL, wet-dream Ozzfest line-up would be.

Main Stage.

Black Sabbath, w/ Ronnie and Ozzy.

Judas Priest

Iron Maiden

Anthrax

Shadow's Fall

Slayer

Cliff Burton era Metallica.

Minus Metallica, and Ronnie James Dio era Sabbath, all these groups have headlined different Ozzfests over the last few years. All in the same show would be insane.

Fair enough. I think your show would be better, too, but that's a completely impossible lineup. Too many chiefs, not enough indians. Nowadays, especially with the crowd Ozzfest is trying to attract, SOAD, Hatebreed, Manson, and Tool is a GREAT lineup. Hell, I'd never imagined wanting to go to an Ozzfest, and I kinda want to go.

ummm what the hell is good about Hatebreed? I didn't know random angry noises were considered music :puke:

Hatebreed has their own thing going on. They are aggressive, which is what I like about them. They are some of the best of what's going on today in metal. Along with a few others. Chimaira, Devil Driver, Shadow's Fall, and Lamb of God to name a few.

Admittedly, there is only so much screaming one can take. I prefer metal vocalists like Dio, Dickinson, and Halford. Vocalists that actually "sing." The Phil Anselmo types can only be listened to for so long, but to be quite honest. It's therapy sometimes. Nothing like listening to Pantera's "5 minutes alone" at the end of a crappy day. Hatebreed are in that vein. :)

Hatebreed has their own thing going on. They are aggressive, which is what I like about them. They are some of the best of what's going on today in metal. Along with a few others. Chimaira, Devil Driver, Shadow's Fall, and Lamb of God to name a few.

Admittedly, there is only so much screaming one can take. I prefer metal vocalists like Dio, Dickinson, and Halford. Vocalists that actually "sing." The Phil Anselmo types can only be listened to for so long, but to be quite honest. It's therapy sometimes. Nothing like listening to Pantera's "5 minutes alone" at the end of a crappy day. Hatebreed are in that vein. :)

I guess you could do that...OR you could jam rusty nails in your ears and have a slightly better experience.

/jk if you like them thats cool, but I hate "hardcore" music. more than I hate pop or new country. Although I could imagine that the experience is better live, or atleast so intense the musical quality doesn't really matter at that point.

Archived