Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CSNNews.com:Christians Targeted as Bloody Cartoon Violence Continues

Zguy28

When does it stop? I'm not talking about the threads on these Danish cartoons, I'm talking about the violence. You probably won't see this in the major news outlets.

(CSNNews.com) Christians Targeted as Bloody Cartoon Violence Continues

http://www.crosswalk.com/news/1379619.html

Patrick Goodenough

International Editor

(CNSNews.com) - More than two dozen people have been killed in another weekend of Muslim rioting linked to cartoons of the Muslim prophet Mohammed, with the most serious violence occurring in Nigeria, where Christians bore the brunt of Muslim anger.

At least 16 people were killed in the country's northern Borno state, and Muslim rioters also torched more than a dozen churches and businesses linked to Christians, according to police figures.

A Nigerian national daily newspaper, This Day, reported that Muslims armed with machetes, sticks and iron rods had ran amok in the state capital, Maiduguri, for about three hours before troops restored order.

"One group threw a tire around a man, poured gas on him and set him ablaze."

The victims included three children and a Catholic priest, and a representative of the Christian Association of Nigeria, Joseph Hayab, was quoted as saying some of the killings took place inside churches.

He also said troops had also shot dead "one or two" of the rioters.

Borno's Muslim state governor, Ali Modu Sheriff, said in a radio broadcast that those responsible for the violence would be punished.

He said he sympathized with the feelings of Muslims offended by the cartoons satirizing Mohammed - which were published in Denmark's Jyllands-Posten newspaper last September and in many other papers in Europe and elsewhere this month - but that Nigerian Christians should not be blamed for them.

Borno is one of a dozen states in Nigeria that have imposed, or tried to impose, Islamic shari'a law, sparking tensions between Muslims and Christians.

Muslims comprise a small majority in Africa's most populous nation, which has witnessed violence in the past over perceived slights to Islam, such as a plan for the country to host the Miss World beauty pageant in 2002.

See link for full article: http://www.crosswalk.com/news/1379619.html

It doesn't stop.

That is why both the US and Al-Queda call it the "Long War".

And it won't stop until we destroy the Iranian fascists, annihilate the leadership of Teheran, and see Western oriented states take root in the Middle East.

Or, until we see Muslim population growth turn Western Europe into Hamastan, and see the United States getting hit every three months by terror attacks.

Wow, that is amazing. What those people did is nothing different than what Saddam Hussein is accused of doing. Murdering people because of their religion??? They didn't murder them because of a cartoon. If it were the cartoon that started this then they could have drawn a disgracing picture of Jesus. In the most extreme of scenarios the world is going to find itself engaged in a full scale religous war. I just wonder when the non violent Muslims and the rest of the world are going to get mad enought to rise up against this crap.

Why do you say that?
Because it's religious persecution and it happens all the time around the world. And not just at the hands of Muslims either.

Check this out and tell me if you hear this on CNN or FoxNews.

IRAN LineBreak.gif (Religion Today)

The removal of Christian prisoner Hamid Pourmand to a military prison last week deepened fears for his safety. Despite assurances that he would be released in late October, Pourmand has remained under detention at an unknown location until a few days ago, when he was transferred to a military jail. He and nine other pastors were held for four days of interrogation after their arrest on September 9th, but the others have been set free.

JORDAN.gif

JORDAN LineBreak.gif (Compass Direct)

Christian widow Siham Qandah's Muslim brother-in-law, who was given legal guardianship of her children, finally appeared in court to account for his taking $16,500 from the children's trust fund. Abdullah al-Muhtadi explained he had used the money for lawyers' fees during the long legal battle to gain custody of the children. He produced receipts that will be examined by Qandah's lawyer and the judge who set the next hearing for November 23rd.

RUSSIA.gif

RUSSIA LineBreak.gif (The Bible League)

The Bible League received an appeal for prayer from several leaders of churches in the Moscow area, mentioning attacks and beatings of church members and pastors in many regions, as well as the vandalizing and burning of Christian churches. Leaflets with calls to violence against Protestants are being distributed. The U.S. Embassy in Moscow confirms the growing violence-and lapse in law enforcement-in its 2004 International Religious Freedom Report.

VIETNAM.gif

VIETNAM LineBreak.gif (Compass Direct)

Le Thi Hong Lien, the only woman among the six Mennonites sentenced to prison November 12th, is hospitalized with a "mental disease" according to prison officials. Imprisoned since June 30th, her appearance at the November 12th trial so alarmed co-defendant Rev. Nguyen Hong Quang that he asked the court to take her immediately for a medical examination. The judge refused. Prison officials have not allowed her parents to visit her.

because of the "lebril medya"

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/africa/02/18/cartoon.roundup/index.html

Yep, they won't have anything about this stuff. . . :rolleyes:

Well what do you know...they did report it. I'll own up to that error, even though I said "probably", but I didn't say the "lebril medya" as you so eloquently put it O Sultan of Sarcasm. I could care less about liberal or conservative media. "Rush" and O'Reilly are just as ugly as Al Franken and Michael Moore.

Well what do you know...they did report it. I'll own up to that error, even though I said "probably", but I didn't say the "lebril medya" as you so eloquently put it O Sultan of Sarcasm. I could care less about liberal or conservative media. "Rush" and O'Reilly are just as ugly as Al Franken and Michael Moore.

I was able to find this story from every major media outlet. You say Limbaugh and O'Reilly are "ugly" but you have been influenced by them as evidenced by your inaccurate perception of the mainstream media. There is no wide-spread conspiracy to deliberately omit stories as Sean Hannity would have us believe.

Archived