Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it wrong to wear another team's jersey?

SkinsD

First off let me say that I am a Redskins fanatic. I am also a fan of the NFL and it's history. I like wearing my Redskin jerseys but have been thinking about buying some jerseys for players that were never Redskins, players that were important in NFL history such as Jim Brown, Dick Butkus, and Jim Parker.

I would never wear a NFC East opponents jersey either. Would it be wrong to wear a different team's jersey not to support that team but that individual player and his accomplishments?

For a few years after college, I wore a Walter Payton jersey. I would usually wear a Redskin hat at the same time, which often gave me an opportunity to explain that, while a fanatic Skin fan, Payton was my favorite player.

However, for the last 15 years nothing but the burgundy and gold has been on my back. I would certainly never wear a current jersey of another team.

I guess if I was a criminal I might sport a Dallas jersey whilst robbing a store or something.

:laugh:

Yes, it's unacceptable. I can't believe you even have to ask. As a matter of fact, you've just lost all credibility as far as I'm concerned. And no, I'm not overreacting.

I got a buddy, a die-hard Redskins fan who is an even bigger Hokie fan. He sometimes sports the Mike Vick Falcons jersey and I give him hell for it. And I'm as big a fan of Vick as anybody.

Well, I have a confession to make. Most of you know that I attended tapings of Redskins Late Night with Chris Paul during the season. Well, one night, they asked me if I wanted to be in a skit. I said, "Sure!" What I didn't know was that, not only did I have to be a Dallas Cowboys fan (UGH!), I also had to wear a Roy Williams jersey. AGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I needed a delousing, decontamination and 50,000 Hail Marys after all was said and done!

An abominable gesture, wearing another team's gear, period.

For the encore, will you be changing the lyrics of hail to the redskins to hail to da bears?

I think not. :nono:

(Disclaimmer: This poster was in no way reimbursed directly by Dan Snyder or the Washington Redskins to make this comment)

:laugh:

Well, I have a confession to make. Most of you know that I attended tapings of Redskins Late Night with Chris Paul during the season. Well, one night, they asked me if I wanted to be in a skit. I said, "Sure!" What I didn't know was that, not only did I have to be a Dallas Cowboys fan (UGH!), I also had to wear a Roy Williams jersey. AGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I needed a delousing, decontamination and 50,000 Hail Marys after all was said and done!

Did you act like roy and get Burnt?

Yes, it's unacceptable. I can't believe you even have to ask. As a matter of fact, you've just lost all credibility as far as I'm concerned. And no, I'm not overreacting.

I got a buddy, a die-hard Redskins fan who is an even bigger Hokie fan. He sometimes sports the Mike Vick Falcons jersey and I give him hell for it. And I'm as big a fan of Vick as anybody.

I could care less whether you think I am credible - I love the Redskins! :point2sky

And I think there is a small difference between someone wearing a Jim Parker jersey and a Michael Vick jersey :doh:

Nevertheless I get the point and thank my fellow ESers - I'm thinking of getting this:

70032311?tags=no&WID=500&$Number=33&$LNumber=3&$RNumber=3&$Name=BAUGH&$ENLARGE$

First off let me say that I am a Redskins fanatic. I am also a fan of the NFL and it's history. I like wearing my Redskin jerseys but have been thinking about buying some jerseys for players that were never Redskins, players that were important in NFL history such as Jim Brown, Dick Butkus, and Jim Parker.

I would never wear a NFC East opponents jersey either. Would it be wrong to wear a different team's jersey not to support that team but that individual player and his accomplishments?

I think that I understand where you are coming from on this. This is a tough question but I look at it this way. When I wear my Clinton Portis jersey I feel that I am showing that I am slightly more a fan of the Washington Redskins than I am of Clinton Portis. I think that it is just the opposite when you wear the jersey of a non-Redskin after he is retired. My favorite all time non-Redskin player is Barry Sanders. If I saw someone wearing a Barry Sanders jersey today I would think that they are a fan of Barry Sanders and not necessarily a fan of the Detroit Lions. Bottom line is wear what you want to wear but not the jersey of an active non-Redskin player and NEVER the jersey of an NFC East opponent, active or not. Me personally, I'm sticking with my Skins jerseys.

Archived