Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wilbon comment about D. Green in the chathouse

ARSexton

Personally, I don't think Peter King is worthy of a regular column, much less being on the Hall of Fame committee. His margins are suspect, and his word count is not up to the level of some other writers. Also, I don't remember anyone ever saying they were interested in getting Sports Illustrated to read his rants.

Peter king said Green is borderline on sporting news radio last yr

Wow. This guy can't be serious. How do you get HOF voters fired? It's obvious this "writer" has an extreme bias aganist Redskins players if he thinks Darrell Green is borderline. I've NEVER heard ANYONE say D.Green doesn't deserve to get in, that goes for the rival fans of our division. Even the really idiotic ones respect Green.

:doh:

Green was only a good corner for a few seasons, and even then he wasn't a shut-down corner like Sanders or Woodsen. Rarely did offenses scheme around him like they did those other guys. He only averaged a little over 2 INTs a season and he wasn't much of a tackler. Sure, he played a long time and he's a good guy, but it's not the Hall of Good Guys, it's the Hall of Fame. I seriously doubt he has a chance.

I appreciate the effort and I know it's a joke but I still can't help commenting. **** you Peter King, nobody threw to Green's side of the field for damn near 15 years. :D

So here we are now, assuming, rightly, that Green's a shoo-in. Well, five years is a long time, time enough for guys like King to plant the seeds of doubt. I wouldn't be shocked at all if Green got snubbed as well.

Agreed, however they can get away with doing that to Art Monk, although they shouldn't be able to, but they try that crap with DG and the national sports media will be up in arms. Guys like, Shannon Sharp, Michael Irving, Steve Young, Howie, Jimmy and Terry, will be ripping those guys a new ass on live TV. DG getting snubbed is sure to make news and upset quite a few people not in the DC area.

It will be the INTs that get him if they shaft him. The arguement will be that to have played as long as he played he should be the career INT leader for the league. That and the only reason he was so good was because he was so fast. That his speed made up for a lack of coverage skill.

It will be the INTs that get him if they shaft him. The arguement will be that to have played as long as he played he should be the career INT leader for the league. That and the only reason he was so good was because he was so fast. That his speed made up for a lack of coverage skill.

I think even idiots like Peter King wouldn't dare say that last line. Everyone knows Darrell Green was among the best cover corners ever. Yet the "INT" argument could be put into use. Green rarely ever had a season where he caught alot of INTs, he would rather deflect the pass than take the chance of getting burnt by going for the pick.

I was doing something stupid today: listening to Colin Cowherd on ESPN Radio. The subjet of Irvin to the HoF came up and Colin started railing on Monk,with the same old King argument.

He's a complier due to the length of his career and no one ever went into a game thinking they had to worry about Monk.:rolleyes:

I tried to call in to defend Monk but my cell had no signal. I kept waiting for Redskins Nation to chime in but no one did.

Do these people even watch games/know their history?? IMO...NO. :mad:

I've said this before and I will say it again...Darrell Green doesn't have a lot of INTs because for years, nobody would even think to throw in his direction. He covered the best receiver on every team for years and years...to say that he doesn't belong in the Hall of Fame is ridiculous. He is without doubt, THE BEST COVER CORNER TO PLAY FOOTBALL FOR PAY.

:helmet:

I've said this before and I will say it again...Darrell Green doesn't have a lot of INTs because for years, nobody would even think to throw in his direction. He covered the best receiver on every team for years and years...to say that he doesn't belong in the Hall of Fame is ridiculous. He is without doubt, THE BEST COVER CORNER TO PLAY FOOTBALL FOR PAY.

:helmet:

Deion Sanders & Rod Woodson tend to disagree.

Darrell Green Career Stats

• 279 total games played
  • Total Tackles: 1295 (978 solo, 317 assissted)
  • Interception Total: 54 INTS, 631 yards, 11.7 avg., 6 TD's
  • Sack Total: 1
  • played in pro bowl: 1984, 1986, 1987, 1990, 1991, 1996, and 1997 seasons
  • He also shares the NFL postseason record for most punt returns for touchdowns with 1, vs. Chicago on January 10, 1988 in the divisional round.

Now someone tell me this man doesnt deserve to be in the Hall of Fame?

Green was only a good corner for a few seasons, and even then he wasn't a shut-down corner like Sanders or Woodsen. Rarely did offenses scheme around him like they did those other guys. He only averaged a little over 2 INTs a season and he wasn't much of a tackler. Sure, he played a long time and he's a good guy, but it's not the Hall of Good Guys, it's the Hall of Fame. I seriously doubt he has a chance.

he only averaged 2 ints a season because they never threw to his side. that is what happens to shut down corners the ball goes away from him

:dallasuck

I hope you are kidding. I remember several years ago i read that Randy Moss Michael Irvin and Jerry Rice all said Darryl Green was the best db they ever went against Green was a "shutdown" corner bafore that phrase was so overused.

I was doing something stupid today: listening to Colin Cowherd on ESPN Radio. The subjet of Irvin to the HoF came up and Colin started railing on Monk,with the same old King argument.

He's a complier due to the length of his career and no one ever went into a game thinking they had to worry about Monk.:rolleyes:

I tried to call in to defend Monk but my cell had no signal. I kept waiting for Redskins Nation to chime in but no one did.

Do these people even watch games/know their history?? IMO...NO. :mad:

I actually did call and talk to Bryan Cox and Chris Meyers and they both think it is pathetic Monk is not in!!

I have a dreadful feeling that they will do something to keep him out. We all thought Monk was first ballot.

I have said it a million times. There is no way that the only player from Joe Gibbs era version 1.0 is Riggins. No Hogs in the HOF. What a joke!!!

Dude! I love that sig. :laugh: :laugh: JUICER :laugh: :laugh:

DAMN HENRY!!! :laugh: :laugh: I was like :wtf: until I read a couple more post, you freakin Peter King clone you!!! :jk: :laugh: :laugh:

Darrell Green Career Stats

• 279 total games played
  • Total Tackles: 1295 (978 solo, 317 assissted)
  • Interception Total: 54 INTS, 631 yards, 11.7 avg., 6 TD's
  • Sack Total: 1
  • played in pro bowl: 1984, 1986, 1987, 1990, 1991, 1996, and 1997 seasons
  • He also shares the NFL postseason record for most punt returns for touchdowns with 1, vs. Chicago on January 10, 1988 in the divisional round.

Now someone tell me this man doesnt deserve to be in the Hall of Fame?

What some people use to further the 'Monk-shouldn't-be-in' myth is that he only made 3 Pro-Bowls. As you've pointed out, Green played in 7. I think that is one of the things that will prevent these fools from keeping him out.

For a second i thought peter king himself was on here :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That was good. Had me thier for a minute.

Archived