Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN outside the lines

FightForOldDC21

i think it is more because it is too cold here. I would rather go a superbowl in LA, or San diago , not DC or NY.

Super bowls are more for parties. No way they should put it in a cold whether place again.

That is exactly why there is noone showing up at these damn New Years Eve events in New York Huh. LOL

What a bunch a crap.

Threat of terrorism eliminates DC but NY stays in the running?

I can't think of any city/region that is more secure from a terrorist strike than Washington DC.

I walk to work from the Metro stop every morning and every so often the most powerful man on the planet (and probably the #1 target of terrorists) drives by in a motorcade. Does ESPN really think DC doesn't know how to handle the highest level of security?

If the Super Bowl itself is a target, I'd feel much more secure with it being held in a city accustomed to a high level of security (DC,NY etc) rather than a place like Jacksonville.

It's got to be weather concerns not terrorists that is keeping DC from getting a Super Bowl.

i think it is more because it is too cold here. I would rather go a superbowl in LA, or San diago , not DC or NY.

Super bowls are more for parties. No way they should put it in a cold whether place again.

I think that Super Bowls should be held in any NFL team's city. If these overpaid Cliff Beefpiles can't handle a little climatic adversity, then they shouldn't be playing. The same goes for all the media wussies as well.

"Oh, dear! Does this town have any good upscale restaurants?"

"There aren't enough clubs here to suit my taste for the night life."

"The hotels here suck."

Please...

What a bunch a crap.

Threat of terrorism eliminates DC but NY stays in the running?

I can't think of any city/region that is more secure from a terrorist strike than Washington DC.

I walk to work from the Metro stop every morning and every so often the most powerful man on the planet (and probably the #1 target of terrorists) drives by in a motorcade. Does ESPN really think DC doesn't know how to handle the highest level of security?

If the Super Bowl itself is a target, I'd feel much more secure with it being held in a city accustomed to a high level of security (DC,NY etc) rather than a place like Jacksonville.

It's got to be weather concerns not terrorists that is keeping DC from getting a Super Bowl.

DC always gets the raw deal, NY is home to where the NFL headquarters are, oh and didnt NY get 9 home games this year. The NFL is letting the super bowl be in NY cause they werent good enough to get the olympics. FNY.

:gaintsuck

Super bowls need to be in Domes. Who would want to sit in rain and watch a game if the majority of the fans have little interest in the teams playing?

If Philly and the Bills are in the superbowl in zero degree weather, I would be watching it on TV. I'm not going to pay high ticket prices to sit in the rain.

next it will be high milk prices.....please!!!!!

I bet they have one in New York once that stadium is finished.

there not going to build dome in nyc...

says a reason why washington never gets a super bowl is because of the terrorist attacks

we dont have a dome. and jan-feb is normally ice cold outside..

has there ever been an outside cold weather SB?

Archived