Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN outside the lines

FightForOldDC21

I disagree with keeping the Super Bowl only in warm areas. These guys playing are professionals. If weather concerns them so much, they should find another career. Besides the weather here hasn't really been that cold this year. Just 2 days ago it was around 65 degrees outside.

Right on, good brotha!

we dont have a dome. and jan-feb is normally ice cold outside..

has there ever been an outside cold weather SB?

Ding Ding.

they will never have the super bowl anywhere it could snow for the game.

Detroit has a dome, so there's no worries. It's not the temperature it's the snow.

super bowl parties have a lot of stars. Stars like going to warm places. No debate.

That's not football, though. It sucks that they play the Super Bowl in a dome or in the south every year. I would love to see a SB played in a snow storm. Think about it, some of the most classic games of all time have been played in inclement weather. It adds to the game, even if the pansy *** stars have to stay home, I'm all for it.

FYI from Snyder's chat w/ extremeskins last year.

there not going to build dome in nyc...

we dont have a dome. and jan-feb is normally ice cold outside..

has there ever been an outside cold weather SB?

From BigDaddyShoo

The Super Bowl selection committee has been, in recent memory, consistent in choosing cities in which adverse weather conditions are less likely to occur during late January/early February or choosing cities which have domed stadiums. What, in your mind, are the necessary steps to legitimately lobby the league and media in general so that a Super Bowl may one day be played at FedEx Field?

Quote:

Dan Snyder

We will have a Super Bowl here at FedEx Field. It is one of my personal goals. Whether it be with an inflatable dome or whether we are granted an outdoor Super Bowl we eventually will get one.

I disagree with keeping the Super Bowl only in warm areas. These guys playing are professionals. If weather concerns them so much, they should find another career. Besides the weather here hasn't really been that cold this year. Just 2 days ago it was around 65 degrees outside.

The NFL doesn't give a crap about the actual game being played in a cold weather city. It's all about money and warm weather sites draw more people. The only time they hold Super Bowls in cold weather climes is when they use it as a carrot for that city to build a new stadium. The reason NY is still in the running is because they are still deciding whether to build a dome up there or not. If they get it built they will get one. If they don't they won't.

Archived