Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Recommended Reading: "Mark May's Tales of the Washington Redskins"

Cool Hand Loki

And hence why I posted that Jumbo. I find it interesting that on the one hand Mark takes shots at Dan Snyder for certain business practices while admitting to practicing at best questionable ones himself.

Well I would say you subtly but definitely made the point.

I'm not trashing May in general, and I believe people should "see the movie/hear the song/ read the book" before doing a sweeping critique. So I was very specific with my wording.

I also am skeptical in general re: any Snyder potshots and of the people who utilize that type of stuff for personal gain.

• 1 month later...

I just got done reading the book. I'll say this I appricated the "inside" stories and the rare insight of joe gibb's anger. His profile on past players were interesting. I just didn't like his bashing synder and the organization at the end of the book. Where did his bitterness come from?

Thanks for the review, I'll pick it up...

I like alot of you... don't like the negative remarks about Snyder, how would May know anything about Snyder??? He was long gone by then!

I believe that I remember Bostic talking one time about what a brown nose Mark May was with the coaching staff... Anbody remember this??? Bostic (I believe) brought up when he was doing broadcasting at Redskins games...

• 2 months later...

:logo: I purchased 3 copies, one for each extended family member who loves skins from the 80's. Would love to have Mark May sign it. I could not put this book down once I started reading it. At the end, the part about Snyder is an eye opener.

Listening to Mark May talk, if I didn't know any better, I might think he'd been a Cowboy during his playing days. I'm also interested to see why he's so down on the 'Skins now that he's in broadcasting. Is that addressed in the book?

I love reading about the glory days. Even if it's coming from somebody who isn't the fan I am, I think I still might pick it up.

I suspect that Mark May is not alone among former Redskins in his opinion of Dan Snyder. Snyder is a businessman before a football man, and that just rubs some people the wrong way.

I like Mark May and hold no ill will toward him for expressing his feelings on the current Redskins front office.

I will buy the book and am looking forward to reading it.

Virtually every "fact" and "incident" May dredges up in his final chapter is flat out untrue. He revisits urban legends without any attempt by him or his editors to check out the accuracy. Snyder should sue him.

Can't say I surprised. He's always been a bitter sack of ****. No way does he get one cent of mine. I'd buy a book by Michael Irvin before Mark May if Irvin ever learns how to read and write.

There will always be anti-Snyder football fans out there who love reading the urban legends and propagation of myths (like Snyder choses the players for his "fantasy football team") by the Danny-hating media. Even a title won't change that.

Archived