Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

In Theory why we arent in the Super Bowl

ChampSkinsFanatic

1 Man is the reason. Ladell "Hold Your Breath" Betts, if this guy would have never fumbled and injured Randy Thomas, we would have shut out Dallas, and we would most likely be in the super bowl right now. With Randy Thomas down, the offense was never the same.

Do I hate Ladell? No, but everytime he or Rock Cartright runs the ball, I get this uneasy feeling and I cant wait for them to go down, they pick the worst times to fumble the ball.

1 Man is the reason. Ladell "Hold Your Breath" Betts, if this guy would have never fumbled and injured Randy Thomas, we would have shut out Dallas, and we would most likely be in the super bowl right now. With Randy Thomas down, the offense was never the same.

Do I hate Ladell? No, but everytime he or Rock Cartright runs the ball, I get this uneasy feeling and I cant wait for them to go down, they pick the worst times to fumble the ball.

this has to be the most asinine reason yet as to why we didn't make it. Seriously. Did you ever stop and think that it might've been too many injuries to the team, or perhaps the offense couldn't get it done in the playoffs?

Cripes. That's using some fairly narrow vision there. There are alot of reasons the Skins aren't in the Superbowl. Hell, Wynn was injured and that cost the team dearly against the Seahawks. So we might as well blame Daniels for that one. Wait. Who was blocking when Brunell got hurt? Somebody rolled up on Griffin I think and got him injured put him out a game or 2. Let's blame whoever that was too. And for the record books, neither of those 2 guys fumbles enough, despite consequences, to cause one to hold their breath when they carry the ball.

Good lord...

The theory that the refs "awarding" the Bucs that two-point conversion in the first game cost the Skins the Super Bowl holds more logical merit that this one you're espousing...at least in that scenario, if the Skins win 35-34 instead of losing 36-35, they jump from the #6 spot to a #2 seed, receive a bye, and get homefield advantage for at least one playoff game.

The reason why we aren't in the Superbowl right now.......

We lost in the playoffs to Seattle 20-10, there you have it.

The team had opportunities to beat Seattle on multiple plays of the game and the team couldn't make the play or convert. It happens......we went 10-6 and made the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Be unhappy if you want, but what we should be saying is "Wow, we went to the playoffs and won 10 games. We have things we need to improve, so let's figure out what they are, do it and go even further next year."

Blaming any one player/coach on this team isn't going to fix the problems.

Good lord...

The theory that the refs "awarding" the Bucs that two-point conversion in the first game cost the Skins the Super Bowl holds more logical merit that this one you're espousing...at least in that scenario, if the Skins win 35-34 instead of losing 36-35, they jump from the #6 spot to a #2 seed, receive a bye, and get homefield advantage for at least one playoff game.

two points away from all that... that hurts

this has to be the most asinine reason yet as to why we didn't make it. Seriously. Did you ever stop and think that it might've been too many injuries to the team, or perhaps the offense couldn't get it done in the playoffs?

i agree. i sincerely hope he was just kidding.

you cannot blame ladell betts for this, thomas's injury did hurt but i think was the 6-game win streak, it wore us down

Great teams don't get worn down, particularly two wins away from the Super Bowl...look at the Steelers this year, they were in the same position as us.

We were a good team this year, but still need a few more pieces to reach the SB.

Archived