Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bears pursuing Randle El

supersmartbrunell5

"Talk around this year's Senior Bowl practice week is that the Bears' first priority will be Pittsburgh wide receiver and premier returner Antwaan Randle El when free agency begins in March. "

"the Bears are in excellent salary-cap shape and have not shied from making decisive, big-money moves the last three off-seasons."

Not that I care too much about Randle El, but with Pittsburgh in the superbowl and Chicago after him, I think the Skins aren't that likely to go after him. Just posted this so people can kindof factor that in when posting their "free agent 2nd WR wishlists" this offseason.

Patten and Moss can strech defenses fine..

we need a big receiver that's good in goal line and a big target that will catch first downs...Jurevicious can do this...but I'm actually hoping for Koren Robinson as he can double as a returner...

For what its worth heres my :2cents: worth on this. Anyone of these three guys would fill in nicely as a #2 or #3 for us if Patten can get healthy and stay healthy.

Antonio Bryant WR 6-2 188 Unrestricted Cleveland

REC YDS AVG TD LONG FUM

69 1009 14.6 4 54 1

Brandon Lloyd WR 6-0 184 Restricted San Francisco

REC YDS AVG TD LONG FUM

48 733 15.3 5 89 1

Keenan McCardell WR 6-1 191 Unrestricted San Diego

REC YDS AVG TD LONG FUM

70 917 13.1 9 54 0

Anyone of them I feel would come cheaper than Randle El who will probably go to the Bears or Reggie Wayne who most likely isnt going anywhere since the franchise tag will be dropped on him most likely and are all productive recievers that are taller and would complement Moss and Patten nice.

I'm wondering if there will be a lot of angst on this board after the FO makes its decision on which wide receiver to sign.

All indications seem to be that the Redskins will not have a ton of cap room this offseason. As such it would be pretty suprising if guys like Wayne and Randle El would be on the FO's radar.

Seems to be a lot of talk about these guys but is this even feasible from a cap standpoint?

I'm wondering if there will be a lot of angst on this board after the FO makes its decision on which wide receiver to sing.

All indications seem to be that the Redskins will not have a ton of cap room this offseason. As such it would be pretty suprising if guys like Wayne and Randle El would be on the FO's radar.

Seems to be a lot of talk about these guys but is this even feasible from a cap standpoint?

In my opinion no it isnt feasible to even think of those guys as of now. Too many teams to compete with and limited cap space to work with if we are going to fill our other needs too, Depth in O-line, D-Line, kicker. Plus Colts said they will retain Wayne even if it means Franchise Tagging him and will let James go before Wayne. That leaves a short (5' 9" ?) Randle El to be bid on by the rest of the hungry teams if he even wants to bail from Pitt after the year they are having. We are better off with a lesser known productive taller and cheaper WR to go along with what we got and use the rest of the money shoring up our other weaknessess instead of blowing the wad on 1 guy and being in the same predicament everywhere else next season. Thats just my opinion take it how you want lol.

In my opinion no it isnt feasible to even think of those guys as of now. Too many teams to compete with and limited cap space to work with if we are going to fill our other needs too, Depth in O-line, D-Line, kicker. Plus Colts said they will retain Wayne even if it means Franchise Tagging him and will let James go before Wayne. That leaves a short (5' 9" ?) Randle El to be bid on by the rest of the hungry teams if he even wants to bail from Pitt after the year they are having. We are better off with a lesser known productive taller and cheaper WR to go along with what we got and use the rest of the money shoring up our other weaknessess instead of blowing the wad on 1 guy and being in the same predicament everywhere else next season. Thats just my opinion take it how you want lol.

You have to remember, Gary Clark was only 5'7.

Archived