Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does Cowher belong in the Hall of Fame

lunarluau

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

If Cowher doesn't win this Super Bowl, then i don't think he does. It is one thing to be good for a long time, but Cowher so far has been a choke artist when it comes to big games. This year could be different, but as of today, he does not belong based on the fact that he hasn't won anything yet.

I think he should be in now. To last as long as he has, in today's NFL, you have to be special. But I do see how not winning at least one superbowl can hurt your chances of going in AS A COACH. You are in control of putting together the entire team, not like a single player. Only the best at that should be in the hall. If he does win, he should be a first ballot entry.

I'm not sure. He's borderline. Especially if he wins in 2 weeks.

10 Playoff appearances in 14 years.

6 AFC Championship Appearances.

2 Super Bowl Appearances(1 Future)

However he doesn't have any rings. It should be mentioned that the first super bowl was lost because his quarterback fell apart at the end of the game. And he lost the AFC championship to the Chargers based on a fluke. It might sound like I'm making excuses but I'm not. If I were making excuses I would say he's a slam dunk. He's not, he's on the brink.

Also, I have a question. Is there a precedent for a coach making the hof without winning a super bowl, because that makes a difference. Would putting Bill Cowher in be setting a precedent or following a precendent. Obviously, the case must be much stronger if you're going to be the first.

If Cowher doesn't win this Super Bowl, then i don't think he does. It is one thing to be good for a long time, but Cowher so far has been a choke artist when it comes to big games. This year could be different, but as of today, he does not belong based on the fact that he hasn't won anything yet.

You see, this isn't really true. To be a choke artist you have to fall apart at the most important times. He just hasn't been the type to step up and be even better during big games than he is normally.

His playoff record is 11-9, which really isn't that bad considering all 20 playoff games have been against playoff caliber teams.(duh) I also think that 11 playoff wins puts him in a tie (with several others) for the 4th most playoff wins Behind only Landry, Shula and Gibbs.

I think he should be in now. To last as long as he has, in today's NFL, you have to be special. .

I think this is more a testament to the Rooney family for not quickly pulling the plug like most franchise owners do...cower has had some lean years but the steeler ownership never waivered and let him coach through them...they were talking the other day about since 69 they have only had two coaches..

knox and cowher...that is unreal!

Cowher is a very good coach, however even if he wins 1 super bowl doesn't meen he should go to the hall of fame. If we put every very good coach in the hall of fame, it wouldn't mean that much to be in the HOF.

You have to be a great coach to go to the HOF. Lombardi, Parcells, Gibbs, Landry, Shula, Knoll, and Madden. These are the coaches that deserve to be in the hall of fame.

I have decided that Bill Cowher definitely deserves to go to the hall of fame. Even if he loses this Super Bowl and then retires.

Here's my Reason

George Allen coached for a shorter period of time. He compiled an impressive 116 - 47 - 5 regular season record, but in his 7 playoff appearances he only went to 1 super bowl and he lost it. His other 6 playoff appearances were 1 and done.

Bill Cowher exceeds the standard set by George Allen to be a hall of fame coach.

By the time he is done coaching he will deserve to be in the HOF superbowl win or not, hes still young and probably has 10 more years of coaching in him. The Rooneys will let him decide when he leaves unless there is some significant issue.

Look at the play off teams this year, most of the coaches have been there more than two years, Im getting tired of owners hiring new coaches at every year....

Cowher has been successful during his tenure as coach, despite his inability to win the big games.

However, the future of that team looks bright. The team drafts very well and the revenues from Heinz field allows the team to retain its free agents and in Ben Roethlisberger, they have the qb that was the missing link to Cowher's past Superbowl teams.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Cowher get a couple of Superbowls, before it's all said and done.

A win here and he should walk in.

Also put me squarely in the corner of "Cowher wins big games". Are people here say Gibbs lost a big one at Seattle? Of course not, he got farther than most coaches would have and lost to a better team. All the while winning 6 "Big Games" in a row. That is Cowher's career. Always taking an overachieving team further than they should have gone, then losing to a clearly better team. People talk about Gibbs success with Non-HOF QBs. Cowhers QBs probably wouldn't be allowed to purchase tickets to the HOF, plus Pitt management has refused to sign many FAs over the years, yet Cowher wins.

Archived