Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Next Generation of Redskin Fans!

Teller

My 21 month old, she says "GO BOTSKINS" anytime she sees any game on the screen. She loves all the SKINS stuff, She's always stuffing Big bird's head into my mini helmets or rearranging the helmets.

Actually when the winning streak started, I noticed Big Bird wearing the helmet, so I left it and we kept winning, and winning. But, the saturday before Seattle she through him in the toliet with the helmet on. I washed him and put him back together, but the luck was gone.:logo::logo::logo:

My 21 month old, she says "GO BOTSKINS" anytime she sees any game on the screen. She loves all the SKINS stuff, She's always stuffing Big bird's head into my mini helmets or rearranging the helmets.

Actually when the winning streak started, I noticed Big Bird wearing the helmet, so I left it and we kept winning, and winning. But, the saturday before Seattle she through him in the toliet with the helmet on. I washed him and put him back together, but the luck was gone.:logo::logo::logo:

You couldn't have pulled our season out of there with Big Bird, could you? Thanks a lot man. j/k

That's great. Just 21 months too...amazing. :cheers:

So THAT'S what did it! I was always wondering what broke our streak. :cool:

These are great stories. If ever I have kids they will surely be raised Skins fans. I would start with the niece and nephew but they live in Japan and they only show marquee match ups. I dont even think they know much about football. I will take them some Redskins stuff when I go home this summer to get them interested.

As some of you know, I have a three-year old daughter who is quite simply the most amazing person in my life. She's endeared herself even more to daddy this year, because this is the first in which she's been able to articulate her Redskin fandom.

On a regular basis during this past season, while she was watching Disney channel or Cartoon Network, she'd turn to me and say, "Daddy, can we watch Redskins now?" Beaming with pride, I'd turn on that week's TiVo'd game, which she'd watch until her three-year old attention span ran out.

One morning, early in the season, I was getting my daughter dressed for the day. Seizing an opportunity, I told her I was going to put on her "Dallas socks." Then I told her to go tell mommy about her "Dallas socks."

She went running into the living room, where she found my lovely wife. "Mommy, look," she said. "Dallas socks!" (You had to be there, but in her sweet little voice, it sounded for all the world like she was saying, "Dallas sucks.") My plan had worked masterfully!

Just a few weeks ago, we went back home to celebrate my grandmother's 84th birthday. She's a huge Redskin fan, and is largely the reason I became one myself. I knew she'd get a huge kick out of hearing about my daughter's new-found footwear.

Kneeling beside my grandmother's chair, I called my daughter over and said, "Sweetie, come tell Mom Mom about your 'Dallas socks.'" Just as plain as day, she looked right back at me and said, "No Daddy. Not Dallas socks. DALLAS SUCKS!!!"

That's my girl!:point2sky

That was a great story, hog. You've definitely been blessed. Hope I'm as lucky one day. :)

I'm fairly young (16), so I suppose I'd be a next generation?

Apparently when I was little instead of asking my family to tell/read me fairy tales, I used to constantly ask my aunt to tell me the story about how she met Art Monk. Hahaha~.

Those were the greatest memories of my childhood. Sitting with the family and hollering over the skins games. Its also the thing i miss most, being that im now in college. but every now and then ill come home one weekend for a game and relive those memories from my younger years. I am proud to be redskins fan for life, even though im currently in Eagles territory. But bless the harrisburg TV stations for airing skins games. lucky me, i only missed 3 games this year.

That was a great story, hog. You've definitely been blessed. Hope I'm as lucky one day. :)

Definitely blessed. In fact, blessed doesn't even begin to describe it. Nobody can possibly explain how amazing it is to have kids. Good luck with your own future fans. (Of course, practicing making kids ain't bad either, but I'm sure I don't have to tell you that. :silly: )

Man, these are great stories.

I don't have kids, but my best friend's 8 year old daughter and 5 year old son learned "Hail to the Redskins" for the Tampa game when I came over. Just the first verse, but it's a start. Especially because he's a Giants fan. Mommy snuck that one in on him while he was at work, and she's an Indy fan. I guess she just wanted something to get on his nerves every once in a while.

In good sport fashion, he allows the kids to sing it whenever I am in the house. Since the girl can name five players (Portis, Taylor, Cooley, Brunell and Springs), she gets to sing it during games when I am not around.

Here's to building the next generation right!!!

Nobody said "creepy uncle" PCS. You're embelleshing. And not in a good way. :laugh:

Me embellish? Never. ;)

True story here. Just got the new pics of my nephew little Utah a few months ago. School pics. His mom had them taken with him wearing a Redskins sweatshirt. Oh yeah. Just a couple of those in the wallet and house of proud uncle PCS. :)

Me embellish? Never. ;)

True story here. Just got the new pics of my nephew little Utah a few months ago. School pics. His mom had them taken with him wearing a Redskins sweatshirt. Oh yeah. Just a couple of those in the wallet and house of proud uncle PCS. :)

PCS in 12 or 13 years: "Sure he's a Rhodes Scholar, but did I mention he's a Redskin fan?"

That's great. BTW, who do most people follow in Utah? Cardinals? Heh, nah. 49ers? Probably not. Who?

49ers and Broncos mostly. Though in this state, even when they're winning those teams can take a back seat to the 2 dominant college teams here. BYWho and Utah for the 3 people who don't know that one.

I'm kida partial to Utah State meself...

6rn2yg1j.jpg

(Not a great pic, but Chris Cooley of course.)

Archived