Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Next Generation of Redskin Fans!

Teller

As some of you know, I have a three-year old daughter who is quite simply the most amazing person in my life. She's endeared herself even more to daddy this year, because this is the first in which she's been able to articulate her Redskin fandom.

On a regular basis during this past season, while she was watching Disney channel or Cartoon Network, she'd turn to me and say, "Daddy, can we watch Redskins now?" Beaming with pride, I'd turn on that week's TiVo'd game, which she'd watch until her three-year old attention span ran out.

One morning, early in the season, I was getting my daughter dressed for the day. Seizing an opportunity, I told her I was going to put on her "Dallas socks." Then I told her to go tell mommy about her "Dallas socks."

She went running into the living room, where she found my lovely wife. "Mommy, look," she said. "Dallas socks!" (You had to be there, but in her sweet little voice, it sounded for all the world like she was saying, "Dallas sucks.") My plan had worked masterfully!

Just a few weeks ago, we went back home to celebrate my grandmother's 84th birthday. She's a huge Redskin fan, and is largely the reason I became one myself. I knew she'd get a huge kick out of hearing about my daughter's new-found footwear.

Kneeling beside my grandmother's chair, I called my daughter over and said, "Sweetie, come tell Mom Mom about your 'Dallas socks.'" Just as plain as day, she looked right back at me and said, "No Daddy. Not Dallas socks. DALLAS SUCKS!!!"

That's my girl!:point2sky

Aren't children beautiful? As the good book says, "raise a child in the way that they should go, and when they grow they will not depart from it."

My 4 year old readily recognizes the Redskins on TV and when he sees that Dallas star he looks at me and says, "Dallas Cowboys are the bad guys, and the Redskins are the good guys. Right Dad?" *sniff, sniff* Such a beautiful thing.

I think I'm gonna need a moment....

Aren't children beautiful? As the good book says, "raise a child in the way that they should go, and when they grow they will not depart from it."

My 4 year old readily recognizes the Redskins on TV and when he sees that Dallas star he looks at me and says, "Dallas Cowboys are the bad guys, and the Redskins are the good guys. Right Dad?" *sniff, sniff* Such a beautiful thing.

I think I'm gonna need a moment....

Wow...So if I've got this straight, the Bible says my daughter will ALWAYS be a Redskin fan? Sweet!

As for your son, it's cool to see how simple kids make the world. Redskins = good. Cowboys = bad. Of course, that's what this board would consist of if you delete all the extraneous bloviating. :silly:

My 4 year old twins have now taught my 2 year old daughter how to sing "Hail to the Redskins". Their Cleveland Browns fan mother can't stand it. I tell her to get over it and ask the kids to sing the song again.

OMG! That's freakin' awesome! I'd love to see/hear that. You must be QUITE proud. :applause: :cheers:

My then-five year old nephew went to his first preseason game a couple of seasons ago. He lives in West Virginia.. in Pittsburgh territory.. but he wears his B&G proudly to school all the time.

Anyway.. at the game, he met "Chief Z"... and got a picture. After the picture, the Chief asked Shawn if he wanted to learn "Hail to the Redskins"

Shawn.. said.. I KNOW Hail to the REdskins.. and proceeded to sing the ENTIRE song, (not just the chorus)... had a whole group of people singing around them.

(It doesn't hurt that every CD I burn the kid has HAIL TO THE REDSKINS on it ::grin::.)

Just a quick story here. Sometime in early Sept. The Quarterback club had 3 Redskins appear at Sunnybrook Tavern in Oxon Hill, Md. They were Darryl Grant, Roy Jefferson and Mark Mosely. I took my 5 year old daughter with me as she's a big Redskin fan (teach them young). We listened to storys. Had my old yearbooks signed and started eating at the buffet. Out of nowhere, my daughter stands up and said, daddy, I want to sing the Redskin song. I look in amazement, the bartender says go ahead, let her sing and then everybody around the bar urges her on. So we walk up to Mark Mosely and I tell him my daughter wants to sing Hail to the Redskins. He gets the mike, gets everyones attention and introduces my daughter. I'm telling you, Youv'e never seen a prouder father. She started singing, halfway thru the song, everyone else was clapping to the song and joined in. She got a standing ovation. The photographer took a bunch of pictures of her and then we had our picture taken together with Mark Mosely.

Wanted to share that with the rest of you Redskin Fans. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Great story docsandy. Your nephew must live near Morgantown, because most of the rest of WV (including the Eastern Panhandle, where I am) is Redskin country. I can just see the defiant little five year old, hands on hips: "Hey, I KNOW Hail to the Redskins!"

And kingfish, that story is flat out awesome. If I had been you, I would've been able to die a happy man at that point, knowing that life couldn't possibly get any better. Glad you didn't though! :cheers:

Thanks to all for the stories so far! Keep 'em comin'!

Excellent, creative story, excellent parenting. You may make millions off writing a book entitled "How to raise your Redskins right". :) Thank you for sharing!

My sister is raising my 3 yr old nephew (Portis-jersey wearing every week) and 5 yr old niece (Sean Taylor-jersey wearing every week, well in season) right. We'd sing/scream Hail to the Redskins after every TD at the top of our lungs outside in Ravens Country. They kept wanting to go back out and sing it again but I told them we have to get another TD first! They talk trash at church and school to Ravens fans saying the Redskins are better. And on Halloween when I gave my niece her jersey, she had 1/2 hour before getting ready for Halloween and she put on her jersey not even wanting to dress for Halloween. Then after Halloween she put back on the jersey, refusing to take it off, sleeping in it all night, and refusing to take it off the entire next day and night. That's MY niece, baby!!

(and during the last Eagles game, said nephew gets on the phone and HAS to tell me something..........PORTIS ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!)

And every time Portis made a play, he'd go, "Is that me! Is that me!!" and the same with my niece with Sean Taylor. :) Redskins kids....the best generation.

My 2 year old and I enjoy watching the games as well. He'll yell "get'em, get'em, get'em" while we are on defense. I attached a zip of wav file of my son yelling "C'mon Portis!". It is great spending time with him.

Dude, that is hysterical! Another future leader of this fine country! :cheers:

And georgia, you may be the world's greatest aunt! Encouraging your niece and nephew to talk trash to Ravens fans, at church of all places, calls for MAJOR props!

My daughter caught the eye of Dan Snyder at about 7 months when she was in her Redskins garb and he said, "Now that's a Redskin fan." I told him she was an Extreme Redskins fan :).

Was that on TV? I vaguely remember seeing something like that on Channel 7 or 9 a few years ago.

Firt 2 words that Utah taught my nephew. Cowboys Suck. Came out "Boys shuck", but the intent was there. :D

Er...we won't discuss the third word he was taught. :paranoid:

Heh. We should all have an "Uncle PCS."

Wait, around here, we do!

(Sorry to steal your posting style. Insert the ol' line about imitation and flattery here.)

Dude, that is hysterical! Another future leader of this fine country! :cheers:

And georgia, you may be the world's greatest aunt! Encouraging your niece and nephew to talk trash to Ravens fans, at church of all places, calls for MAJOR props!

Thanks man. Nothing better than doing stuff with my little big man. :D

Archived