Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Know its PFT BUT...

fdarugar

Gibbs wanted him. He didn't call Gibbs inquiring about the job. I hardly think that Saunders would do something like that when something like this - and such a good situation - presents itself so unexpectedly. This is a case of PFT grasping for things that aren't there.

Why is it a non-story? Because you say it is? I think it is relevant if it is true. Why do so many people like yourself feel the need to put someone else down because you either don't agree or don't understand. This happens way too much in this forum.

Yes, it's a non-story because I said it was. That's why. You want to fight about it? :laugh:

It's a non-issue because the story is a non-issue. Who cares if Saunders squeezed a few pennies from Snyder during his contract negotiations? What's that got to do with anything?

It isn't a hack on the poster. It's a hack on the journalist digging up this news.

Now tell me... what the heck is it with new posters being so dense. I find THAT happens way too much on this forum.

1. Is Saunders the best available candidate for the OC job? Yes.

2. Is he also a businessman that will leverage what he has to get the best deal for himself? Yes.

3. Is that going to make any difference to Joe Gibbs, Joe Bugel and the 22 offensive players that Saunders will be working with?

NO :)

Getting Saunders: 8-Million dollars.

Keeping Williams: 8-Million dollars.

Getting Gibbs back - PRICELESS!

Oh the future is S-W-E-E-T!

Hail!:point2sky

dougwilliams.JPG

This is absolute crap.

If Saunders told Danny and/or Gibbs that he had an offer from the Raiders, they'd ask for the contract. If Saunders doesn't produce it, they'll either take issue with what could be this little sleight of hand or not care two ways about it. Saunders isn't stupid enough to try to bluff a shrewd businessman like the Danny.

Why is it a non-story? Because you say it is? I think it is relevant if it is true. Why do so many people like yourself feel the need to put someone else down because you either don't agree or don't understand. This happens way too much in this forum.

I know what you mean. Me and the girls had just finished our weekly pre- meeting Sensitivity Awareness Briefing before speaking at the Angels of Genteel Guidance for The Terribly Brusque Rehabilitation Program when I said, "Girls! You know who could really use this help? That poor misguided crusty old Die Hard soul on that nasty internet football site." My heart simply flutters when I think of the fragile spirits whose delicate light might be given to flicker in the harsh wind of snippiness that blows so cold in that forum. You be sure and cover up, dear.

:D

If you guys didn't like the PFT story, you're really gonna hate what Whitlock had to say about Al in the Star. I saw it and, well,:yikes:. Then again, it is Whitlock after all. Take it with a grain of salt.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/13682142.htm

Gibbs worked with Saunders in San Diego and he doesn’t have a problem with him.

Whitlock whining about a self-promoter. :laugh: Whitlock sounds like Don King next to other sports writers. There’s web pages out there dedicated solely to bashing this guy.

Besides; what’s so wrong with promoting yourself anyway? One of my earliest life lessons was “if you don’t sell yourself, don’t expect anyone else to do it for you”. Saunders didn’t create that offense with smoke and mirrors. It’s not like he brown nosed his way into the record books. He didn’t base his success on sucking up; he based it on results. It’s all there in the NFL stats sheets.

If anything, he was trying to convince Peterson that he was an effective leader, i.e. head coach material. I guess the KC and the other teams in search of a head coach felt that this was one area that Saunders fell short.

Yet somehow Whitlock thinks Saunders will brown nose his way into Dan Snyder’s heart and convince Dan he is the best man for the job. Given how much Dan Snyder loves Joe Gibbs that would be the stupidest career move any man could ever make.

Archived