Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would it suprise you to see Trent Green back in Washington?

portisizzle

I do not know how things went down with Trent in his first go around with Washington. But the way I see it, Green knows how to run the Saunders offense. I would be interested in how Trent Green sees the loss of the OC and if he is concerned about having to begin again in a new offense during the prime of his career. Does anyone see a trade in the future considering the circumstances?

This is an interesting thought as many feel MB can not take us past the second round of the playoffs and JC is not ready. I am sure that Herm Edwards will want to keep Trent Green and I am not sure who they have as a 2nd option.

trent green had a very good season with the redskins under norv turner but i dont see this happening

how old is green?surely similar to brunell in age.it would not be the right move forward

our qb's now have plenty of time to learn the new offense n saunders is from the same line as gibbs(coryell) so it wont be a big learning curve i suspect

skins would be silly to get green imo

I just don't understand how people keep coming up with senarios that involve someone other than Mark Brunell as starting QB next year. Whether the fans like it or not, Joe Gibbs LOVES Brunell and LOVES older veteran players. It was a knock on him the first time around and eventually led to a riff and split between he and Bobby Bethard. Injuries are the only thing that will keep Brunell on the bench whether we like it or not.

I don't think so. Trent's status as a Chief could come into play and he's turning 36 this summer. Now that doesn no mean he's an old fart, but he's got to be thinking do I want to change teams in this stage of my career.

I do not know how things went down with Trent in his first go around with Washington. But the way I see it, Green knows how to run the Saunders offense. I would be interested in how Trent Green sees the loss of the OC and if he is concerned about having to begin again in a new offense during the prime of his career. Does anyone see a trade in the future considering the circumstances?

I'm don't think this would happen. Originally he went to St. Louis because of the uncertainty of who was going to be the new owner and he was a free agent that needed to work out a new contract. (sound like the Nationals).

Anyway, he also grew up in the St. Louis / MO area and this was another draw. Obviously Kansas City is still very close to where he grew up and I believe he would want to stay in this location. Just my :2cents:

no way Brunell starts or last through the pre season . Saunders in no way will limit is passing attack for a guy who needs to roll out to the side he is throwing the reciever becuase his arm is too weak. Brunell has been benched 2 times in 3 yrs for a reason. He can not get it done

What does that have to do with Trent Green... ?

Green's not coming here. Ramsey will be gone and we'll probably draft a #3 in the late rounds. I'd bet on it.

That is an interesting idea, but honestly, it's time for campbell. Green certainly brings some things to the table that brunell doesn't - but i don't think green brings enough to beat a good team in the playoffs either. Green is anything but mobile. We need a QB that can buy himself some time in the pocket and throw on the run. jason campbell!

A lot of you are expecting to see a completely different offense next season and I think some of you are going to be greatly disappointed. The offense I don't think will change much outside of tweaks. Hopefully Saunders will put in the quick slant.

Archived