Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would it suprise you to see Trent Green back in Washington?

portisizzle

The Chiefs 2nd string QB, Todd Collins, is a free agent. If Saunders really believes in him then he will be in Washington without a doubt. That would then solidify our QB situation (this is all assuming we are trading Ramsey). Collins can be a very solid starter in the NFL.

Very interesting. I don't see it happening ... yet. Mention was made of both Brunnel & Green's age. Well, I think there is some difference in that Brunnel is an "old" 36, and Green, who rode the bench for the first part of his career, is a young (and more mobile) 36. The qb situation still concerns me. Brunnel looked a 100 years old out there at the end, and Campbell is probably still a year away (though in today's NFL, the future seems to be now for young qbs). Green as a stopgap for that last year before Campbell takes over? Well, suppose Edwards cleans house in KC in order to put his stamp on things? With Sanders now gone, there does seem to be the sucking sound of a team changing direction. That said, Gibbs is loyal, and I have to believe he sees Brunnel as someone who (rightly) brought home the bacon this year.

I do not know how things went down with Trent in his first go around with Washington. But the way I see it, Green knows how to run the Saunders offense. I would be interested in how Trent Green sees the loss of the OC and if he is concerned about having to begin again in a new offense during the prime of his career. Does anyone see a trade in the future considering the circumstances?

I would be absolutely shocked if Green came here. And that is not a good happy speechless shock (like say the hiring of Al Saunders), it would be more like "What the hell are they thinking" type of shock.

Two points, Green is not in the prime of his career. He is playing like it, but he only going to come down from here. Next, the current O-Line coach is talking over the OC duties in KC, they really shouldn't miss a beat.

Brunell seems like a great option for us next year IF he can keep the injury bug from hitting him again. What interests me about Green is simply the fact that he is likely not going to be successful starting over in a new offensive system under Edwards. At 36 years old Edwards might be smart in running his offense with a young gun at QB.

Just a thought.

I just don't understand how people keep coming up with senarios that involve someone other than Mark Brunell as starting QB next year. Whether the fans like it or not, Joe Gibbs LOVES Brunell and LOVES older veteran players. It was a knock on him the first time around and eventually led to a riff and split between he and Bobby Bethard. Injuries are the only thing that will keep Brunell on the bench whether we like it or not.

People love to hate the starter in Washington the same way people hate the current guy in the White House. Part of the deal I guess. (Ok, I know, no politics, but it's a good analogy).

I agree with you ArtD. People need to just accept the fact that it's going to be Brunell under center for another season.

No, if MB showed us one think, if we want to go places, the last thing we need is another old QB. There is absolutely 0 reason to go get Trent Green, loose cap space, for him. Wont happen fortunately.

As for Brunell being great when he isnt injured... you can only make that case if he was injured the whole second half of the season. The only passes he completed of note in the secnd half of the season were either incredible plays by Moss, or WR/TE screens where he throws a 1 yard pass that is run for 20. If you DO succesfuly show that Brunell was hurt by injuries, guess what... ITS WHAT HAPPENS TO OLD QBs, so to say MB will go this next season without a nagging injury would be foolishness, especially considering he is a mobile QB.

No, if MB showed us one think, if we want to go places, the last thing we need is another old QB. There is absolutely 0 reason to go get Trent Green, loose cap space, for him. Wont happen fortunately.

As for Brunell being great when he isnt injured... you can only make that case if he was injured the whole second half of the season. The only passes he completed of note in the secnd half of the season were either incredible plays by Moss, or WR/TE screens where he throws a 1 yard pass that is run for 20. If you DO succesfuly show that Brunell was hurt by injuries, guess what... ITS WHAT HAPPENS TO OLD QBs, so to say MB will go this next season without a nagging injury would be foolishness, especially considering he is a mobile QB.

Slow down there brother, Trent my have alot of gray hair but he is a lot younger than Brunell (in terms of playing years) not to mention that he is, um well how do I say this, better. :( If he was available and we could afford him, I would definitely entertain the possibility of him wearing burgandy and gold again. :)

Archived