Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who else is still having nightmares about Rogers' dropped Interception?

footballhenry

I seriously cant stop thinking about it. It was a clean 7 pts our way, we go up 10-0 from that point. A MUCH different ballgame, and yes I think we most definitely win. I said to my Uncle when he missed it that we just missed a HUGE turnover, and it would come back to bite us. We got them in Tampa Bay, but couldn't get the BIG one here (even though we still got 3). If only, if only......

I seriously cant stop thinking about it. It was a clean 7 pts our way, we go up 10-0 from that point. A MUCH different ballgame, and yes I think we most definitely win. I said to my Uncle when he missed it that we just missed a HUGE turnover, and it would come back to bite us. We got them in Tampa Bay, but couldn't get the BIG one here (even though we still got 3). If only, if only......

You only get 6 points for a touchdown, grasshopper! ;)

(Don't count your chickens before they hatch)

Seattle was throwing all over the field. Paging Sean Taylor, cleanup at the 30 yard line. Sean Taylor, cleanup on the 30 yard line. Darrell caught another one. They just didn't need to open the throttle more than about 75% due to our offense.

Sad to say but it's true. Don't know where our offense went those last two games, but I'm positive Joe will fix anything that's broken. I'll give you, though, if we could have gotten that turnover and capitalized better on the others, it would have been more of a showdown.

You can't discount the fact that if Rogers takes it to the house that the air would have been sucked out of Qwest field. Those chumps are used to losing in the post season. We lost.... period. But that pick would've put that team and stadium on the ropes.

Out D was playing lights out up until that point and I think if we score that TD they would've gone into a frenzy.

You can't discount the fact that if Rogers takes it to the house that the air would have been sucked out of Qwest field. Those chumps are used to losing in the post season. We lost.... period. But that pick would've put that team and stadium on the ropes.

Out D was playing lights out up until that point and I think if we score that TD they would've gone into a frenzy.

I don't know if I'd say they were playing lights out...Seattle was on the verge of scoring a TD and Alexander gave us a gift turnover. They were playing well, but Seattle was driving on them.

Also, before the dropped INT even happened, we had an excellent chance to go up 7-0, and we blew it. Brunell horribly overthrew Moss, and we settled for a FG. That, in my opinion, set the tone for the rest of the day. The INT may have changed that, but I think not scoring a TD was huge.

I don't know if I'd say they were playing lights out...Seattle was on the verge of scoring a TD and Alexander gave us a gift turnover. They were playing well, but Seattle was driving on them.

Ok I'll give you that but they didn't score. And after the Alexander turnover they didn't do nothing up to the missed pick.

Ok I'll give you that but they didn't score. And after the Alexander turnover they didn't do nothing up to the missed pick.

True...

Actually, in my opinion the biggest back-breaker of them all was on our very first possesion. Third and long, Brunell fires a perfect pass to Jacobs, who immediately proceeds to drop it. Drive over, punt. If on our first drive we could have sustained something and gotten 2 or 3 first downs, I think the O would have gained a lot of confidence...

Also, before the dropped INT even happened, we had an excellent chance to go up 7-0, and we blew it. Brunell horribly overthrew Moss, and we settled for a FG. That, in my opinion, set the tone for the rest of the day. The INT may have changed that, but I think not scoring a TD was huge.

I saw that coverage and if Mark dosent overthrow that ball it would have been picked or deflected. Football sense says take 3 early when you can rather than a turnover in an opponents endzone.

I hate it too.... But thats why Joe wants Mark in there.

GAME OVER if he makes that INT for a TD! That play, plus the refusal to go for it on 4th and 3 in the 4th quarter (JHall missed FG) after going for 4th downs in the 3rd quarter. Those TWO plays were the game, looking back in retrospect.

I was at the game, and the feeling I got there was that the game was still in contention right up until that short yardage conversion that went for a long one. Hall's missed field goal didn't help, but that was the feeling I got. No nightmares for me. So many other things that contributed to the loss I'd never sleep if I have nightmares about them.

Well, there was the rain.

The way I feel about it is, those things happen. We lose a game and start thinking about the what ifs. It would have been great if Carlos Rogers got the INT. At the same time, look at what great defense the kid played for us. He is going to be something special.

Hail

Man what could have been the ball hit him right in his hands I guess that is why he is not an receiver *sigh* not saying that one play would have change the complexion of the game but it sure would have made things a lot more interesting but we just can't say that one play because we had plenty of opportunties to make plays that was there and we just didn't do it.

I also keep having a vision of Sean Taylor swooping in a picking up the fumbled kick-off in the 4th quarter, hurdling over a Seagirl, and diving in to the end zone. :cool:

It reminded me of the playoff game against the 49ers in 1993, in the divisional round. I believe Steve Young threw a pass into the endzone, and our CB was right in the path of the ball, for the INT and touchback, he goes down to one knee, opens his hands to make the catch, and the ball goes right THROUGH his hands into the hands of the WR who is behind him, for the 49er TD. When me and my dad were watching that game, he said right then and there, that the if the Redskins can't get the easy ones like that, then it just isn't their day. That is what Carlos Roger's INT reminded me of.

I had to wait to visit this site as it's easy for me to remember the feeling of losing in the play offs (first round by the way) the last two years. I just wanted to say one thing. "Ifs" don't equate into wins in the NFL and the better team one and is moving on. You guys had a good season and I thank the Skins for a good game.

Archived