Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best Looking stadiums in the NFL

heyholetsgogrant

And I must say... FedEx is probably the most boring (architecturally) stadium in the NFL. snore.

Kind of sad for a relatively new facility located in the political and cultural capital of the world. :mad: I love JKC but he REALLY could have done a lot better.

Qwest Field is particularly gorgeous if you're at the end grandstand and you can see Mt Rainier hovering over the field in the distance.

You can only see mt Rainier from those seats 2 days out of the year.

The odds of it happening during a game are slim...

I think all this rain and cloudy skies is finally getting to me!!!

The Cleveland Stadium was a favorite of mine. Although I haven't been to a game there since the re-innagural season in 99 so idk if it's changed. FedEx is truly a dissapointment. Sure it seats the most fans in the NFL, and has the most electric atmosphere, but it's in the middle of one of PG counties bad parts, and parking is miserable as is getting in and out of the stadium.

Cincinnatti has a HELLUVA nice stadium. That entire area on the water in downtown Cincy with the new baseball stadium, etc. is really nice and really well done.

Never been there, but Arrowhead looks pretty awesome. It doesn't even look like a stadium.

Qwest is beautiful... but sorry, it is disqualified because of the turf. :mad:

Have you guys/gals seen the plans for Minnesota's new stadium? NICE.

Would you mind posting pics of Cincy's stadium? And the plans you've seen for Minnesota's new stadium? I'd really appreciate it.

Lastly, I agree with you about FedEx Field. Boring. The only good thing about the "boring" aspect to it is it allows for plenty of advertising on bare walls.

You simply couldn't do that with Raymond James or other cool, themed stadiums.

I must admit, I REALLY like Heinz field from the pics posted.

DH... I can't extract the pictures to post here, but click on this link and you'll see artists renderings of the proposed Vikings stadium.

http://www.co.anoka.mn.us/EconomicDevelopment/stadium/press-releases-drawings.asp

Outdoors. In Minnesota. In December. Are you kidding me? What team in the NFL (besides the bears and packers) is even going to have a prayer of going up there and winning? Talk about homefield advantage. There are going to be some awesome games up there in the mud and the snow and the cold. Can't wait. :munchout:

Here is Cincy's stadium. (paul brown stadium)

400px-Cincinnati-paul-brown-stadium.jpg

bengalsL.gif

cincinnati_bengals_paul_brown_stadium_by_brad_geller.jpg

The coolest thing about RFK... to me... was the Highway that split in two to detour the stadium.

That always said, loud and clear, who really ran washington. :cool:

There haven't been many things that the US has split a Highway in two for. Grand Canyon, maybe :laugh:

The coolest thing about RFK... to me... was the Highway that split in two to detour the stadium.

That always said, loud and clear, who really ran washington. :cool:

There haven't been many things that the US has split a Highway in two for. Grand Canyon, maybe :laugh:

I learned how to drive in the Parking lots of RFK.

It was cool to see people fishing next to it, albeit in the Anacostia.

It was also cool that they buiilt a race course in the parking lot. Too bad they never came back. I tried desperatly to getin so i could race around full well knowing I would probably get hauled off to jail but alas....

I miss RFK. I miss being able to open my window and watch the game on TV and here the crowd at the same time. I miss Redskins football at RFK. :(

DH... I can't extract the pictures to post here, but click on this link and you'll see artists renderings of the proposed Vikings stadium.

Outdoors. In Minnesota. In December. Are you kidding me? What team in the NFL (besides the bears and packers) is even going to have a prayer of going up there and winning? Talk about homefield advantage. There are going to be some awesome games up there in the mud and the snow and the cold. Can't wait. :munchout:

Its looks retractable though.....

-Grant

I was impressed with the Cinn. riverfront area also, with both Great American and Paul Brown. Are there any other cites that have both the MLB and NFL stadiums beside each other? Pitt does right?

Plenty of cities do... I know philly does.

But what makes Cincy so nice is that it is in the downtown area and has a 'thing' going on.

Philly's is off the Interstate. :jerk:

Its looks retractable though.....

-Grant

I've heard (heard only) that it is going to be a natural grass stadium with all the homegames outdoors... the retractable roof is to invite a superbowl.

I hope this is true. If they put down turf and keep the roof closed thru the winter, I'll be pissed.

If I were Tagliabue for a day, I would ban artificial turf and indoor venues. It takes so much away from the game... I really can't believe they allow them in this league... especially in these times of MCL sprains etc.

M&T is nice. I went there for HS states this yr, My team school was in it. They had subway stand, and other other non stadium foods. ALso, When i walked in, I was weraing ym redskins hat, When i gave the guy my ticket he said, "Oh God, redskins fan" or something like that. I responded back "Goin to the playoffs, unlike the ravens" and he didnt say anything back. (And this was before we got in, but i was optamistic)

Outdoors. In Minnesota. In December. Are you kidding me? What team in the NFL (besides the bears and packers) is even going to have a prayer of going up there and winning? Talk about homefield advantage. There are going to be some awesome games up there in the mud and the snow and the cold. Can't wait. :munchout:[/img]

As much as I dislike the ViQueens (grew up in South Dakota everyone there is a fan of them or the Chefs) they really need a new stadium. The Metrodome is terrible (it's even worse for baseball).

For snowy games I think if Cleveland ever has meaningful games at home in December and January that could be the worst place to play. It's proximity to the lake could make it a windy, snowy mess.

Archived