Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

joe Salavae Self Surgery

RIDETHEWALRUS

He is a real animal and a core redskin. Hopefully, he will be around for a long time

The FO needs to restructure Joe's contract and pay this man what he is worth. He carried the Dline for weeks when Griffin was down. Now that the season is over it's time to reward the guys that kept their mouth shut and did what was asked of them.

:yikes: That guy may be our MVN! (Most Valueable Nutjob) What the hell is self-surgery?!? :laugh: That's incredible. My hat's off to him for that. I think that's a first for me. :applause:

:laugh: :notworthy

I think, if he plays next year, he'd wear that badge of honor with pride.

The FO needs to restructure Joe's contract and pay this man what he is worth. He carried the Dline for weeks when Griffin was down. Now that the season is over it's time to reward the guys that kept their mouth shut and did what was asked of them.

When Griffin went down, Salave'a was a MONSTER for us. He played with his injury the entire time, knowing we needed him in there. That is dedication...and should be rewarded.

Reminds me of Ronnie Lott amputating his pinky so that he could play...and if you can be compared to Ronnie Lott, you are one tough SOB!!! :)

I had a friend with a plantar, said it felt like a piece of glass was lodged in his foot. He screwed around with an exacto knife to try and remove what must have been a bone spur. Big Joe probably was doing something along those lines...

Your friend was insane.

I had that and I just went for the damn cortisone shot.

I will NEVER cut into my own flesh that deep. In case you missed it your friend was high or insane.

Eventually, plantar diminishes or goes away altogether.

You have got to love Big Joe! I remember cutting out a massive in-grown toe nail in college that swelled the size of a golf ball. It is very difficult to take a razor blade to yourself but it removed the pain afterwards. I am sure Big Joe did not want the trainers involved as they would have made him sit.

Explanation of plantar fasciitis

Take it from someone who had it once, that is a very painful injury because every time you take a step you are stressing the plantar fascia. I can't imagine being 300+ pounds and bashing heads with similarly sized behemoths all day with that foot condition.

No kidding, this is painful as I have the same injury. I do not know how he could play on it. Tough dude

Joe Salavea is the perfect example of what REDMAN and I have been talking about for YEARS here with the Redskins :D

This team didn't need to spend millions and millions for guys like Stubblefield, Wilkinson and Bruce Smith to get solid production from the DL.

If you are smart you can find guys like Joe that play at a high level but don't tend to get the recognition from the national media because they are not high profile 'sack masters' and big mouths like Warren Sapp :)

Think of all those millions spent on the underachieving Stubby and Wilky, and then consider how much the Skins spent to bring in Griffin and Salavea.

Then check the comparative productivity :D

Archived