Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bob Jones University...tell me this is a joke

OrangeSkin

Why do you guys care? Both are private universities, and as such, can make strict requirements in student behavior.

Yes, I'm a Christian. I see nothing wrong with BJU's standards. I believe that Christians should incorporate them into their daily lives as much as possible. If you do not like them, then do not apply to the school. This information is made available to anyone, and most, if not all, Christians understand the requirements of the university.

That school is crazy but no one is making anyone go there. If you don't like the rules don't attend. Simple isn't it?
You think anyone willing to go to a unaccredited school specifically for the total controlling aspects in which everything you do is watched and regulated has been raised to think for themselves? Doing so appears to run counter to what these places are all about - that being community religious control.

You think anyone willing to go to a unaccredited school specifically for the total controlling aspects in which everything you do is watched and regulated has been raised to think for themselves? Doing so appears to run counter to what these places are all about - that being community religious control.

I agree with your point, but just for informations sake, I thought I should mention that BJU is accredited. Lots of people think it's unaccredited, because it was until a year or two ago. PCC is unaccredited, and from what I understand, the PCC people contend that they are the only completely conservative Christian college, because they remain unaccredited(their other reason is because BJU accepts translations of the bible that aren't KFV. PCC does not.)

They made the choice to become Christians didn't they? You have to make a choice in that. I think you are compairing apples and oranges. This is a school based on conservative christian beliefs. You don't need to develop critical thinking skills to follow them. You either believe in them or you don't.

Different Christians believe in different things. I was raised Southern Baptist and I don't believe drinking alcohol is a sin while most in my denomination believe it is. People will develop their own beliefs no matter how they were raised. It's just human nature.

They made the choice to become Christians didn't they? You have to make a choice in that. I think you are compairing apples and oranges. This is a school based on conservative christian beliefs. You don't need to develop critical thinking skills to follow them. You either believe in them or you don't.

Different Christians believe in different things. I was raised Southern Baptist and I don't believe drinking alcohol is a sin while most in my denomination believe it is. People will develop their own beliefs no matter how they were raised. It's just human nature.

drinking isnt a sin..................addiction to it is.

They made the choice to become Christians didn't they?
No they didn't.
You have to make a choice in that.
No you don't.
I think you are compairing apples and oranges. This is a school based on conservative christian beliefs. You don't need to develop critical thinking skills to follow them. You either believe in them or you don't.

I would argue that people raised in traditional Christian homes - didn't experience the kind of extremist indoctrination that folks who end up in these schools go through. Normal people don't hear "eye babies" rules concerning ADULTS in college and think it a great idea. Most folks wouldn't read about rules governing all manner of personal behavior down to the books you read and the where and how of your vacation time and love the idea.

IMO this is school where extremists send their children.

No they didn't.

No you don't.

To an extent you kind of do. Especially since the type of christians who end up going to BJU beleive the whole "salvation comes at one precise moment, and that you are completely conscious of exactly when this moment is" spiel. However, this "decision" can come about under the pressure of parents, and can often happen at very young and impressionable age.

It's like if you tell a child he has to do his homework, and he says, no. Then you send him to his room and nag him to do his homework. He still says no. You wait a couple hours. He comes downstaiys. You say are you ready to do some homework. He says no I want some ice cream. You tell him no. Eventually, he does his homework. Did the child make the decision to do his homework? Well...technically, yeah.

No they didn't.

Yes. They did.

No you don't.

Yes. You do.

I would argue that people raised in traditional Christian homes - didn't experience the kind of extremist indoctrination that folks who end up in these schools go through. Normal people don't hear "eye babies" rules concerning ADULTS in college and think it a great idea. Most folks wouldn't read about rules governing all manner of personal behavior down to the books you read and the where and how of your vacation time and love the idea.

IMO this is school where extremists send their children.

Did you even understand what I said? Seems you are only interested in bashing others. NO one is forcing them to go to that school. They are going on their own accord. If they feel that what is being taught there doesn't fit into their own beliefs they are free to leave. After all they are ADULTS remember?

The problem is you're not here for "simulating debate." There isn't an argument for that.

But you are? With you're great debates like 'yes they do'? Sorry if i like to add a little humor to the debate, but i really don't appreciate you acting like you know all of my opinions simply because you're upset about comments i may have made in the past.

JP is correct it is their choice. It is my choice and the choice of others to mock them for their ignorant choice. Is it bashing? Yeah, but so what? Some people deserve to be "bashed."

Says the Athiest...

Interesting you think some people deserved to be bashed. I'll remember your comments for other threads.

Says the Athiest...

Interesting you think some people deserved to be bashed. I'll remember your comments for other threads.

It is spelled Atheist.

Interesting that you seem think that no one deserves to be bashed, or maybe you are too simple to realize that is exactly what your are implying.

Archived