Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stop It ....skins Fans....just Stop It!

desertfox59

Great Season, but it is over signifying that we do need to make some changes. Just a quick note though, if you don't like having discussions about what we think should be done with the team stop reading threads with titles that indicate that is their purpose.

Sorry I didn't clarify better.....but I do like having discussions about what needs to be done...

What bothered me was the lack of loyality shown in some of the threads and posts that read more like vicious attacks then critizism. One example, among any, was the "FIRE CORY****ING RAHYMER" thread started by someone.

I'm not saying that the right to start that thread shouldn't be there, I'm saying that a loyal fan, a "best fan in the world" fan, wouldn't have started that. It was this disloyality that I was attacking. :helmet:

Sorry I didn't clarify better.....but I do like having discussions about what needs to be done...

What bothered me was the lack of loyality shown in some of the threads and posts that read more like vicious attacks then critizism. One example, among any, was the "FIRE CORY****ING RAHYMER" thread started by someone.

I'm not saying that the right to start that thread shouldn't be there, I'm saying that a loyal fan, a "best fan in the world" fan, wouldn't have started that. It was this disloyality that I was attacking. :helmet:

Disloyalty sucks, but being loyal is defined so differently between people on stuff like this that it can be hard to accept those differences.

Nice way to start out a post:rolleyes: You are no better than the group of people you just labeled.

A couple points.

1) "The we should beat this team" point IS VALID. Look no further than Joe Gibbs himself winning 2 NASCAR championships in a sport where everybody drives around in a circle with the exact same parts in the exact same cars. There is no "smaller variance" then NASCAR. For the record, we should of beat Oakland.

2) "The truth is that we could have very easily been 16-2 or 7-9 this year... had we been more/less fortunate." I disagree, our record is a reflection of how we played this year. We got some bad bounces early in the year and some good ones late in the year, but eventually the breaks even out.

3) So it's ok to criticize, good just wanted to check with you first.:rolleyes: Here is my critique: Your post is condescending and attempts to lump togther a group of people that don't agree with you as "Crybaby Skins Fans".

4) It's a forum, much like a town. A group of diverse people from different backgrounds and age groups expressing their own opinions. So if a fan calls to "FIRE GIBBS" or "BENCH BRUNELL" then so be it. I think anybody who pays the amount of money that we do to watch a SKINS game is entitled to "rant & rave" a little.

5) "Gibbs- thank you for taking all the blame and none of the credit…you honor yourself sir." Maybe you should take a closer look at your own post.

first off...as a measure of quality...I dont think I am better than most any group I may or may not label.

response:

1) agree with the nascar portion of that ....hadn't thought of that... but as far as the "should" portion...I think it would be better to say "we can beat"

"should" makes an assumption of negativity if unsuccessful "can" is nutural.

2) I don't understand how we disagree here

3)good, I'll expect regular reports before you critize anyone. Check in time is 6:00 p.m. ;) ...and if my style is condensending so be it....I make no apologies for that.

4)answered this in another post....good point about the money though.

5) ?????????

p

fansince62...

...It's not that you are sooo in love with yourself that makes you so pathetic....it's that you just can't handle it when you meet someone else who is also in love with themselves.

Here are just a few examples where Fansince62 contradicts himself.

....... What a great guy you are! Mighty self important wouldn't you agree?....

......as for my education and experience, junior, I suffer no illusions where I sit relative to you....

...now is no time to admire what is done.....

......No one is arguing that the successes of the past season shouldn't be celebrated.

Your post didn't attack ideas. it attacked people and behaviors...

ok...I will use big block letters....will that work?

Since you can't come up with a coherent response I'll give you your best one as a freebie.....

You should respond to me by saying, "Do I contradict myself?....very well, I contradict my self....I am human I contain Multitudes." -Walt Whitman

oh and I know you hate this childish response, grandpa but....

:owned: x 2

I do agree that a lot of the threads started are completely rediculous but lecturing us on what you (a board newblet) wants to see us talk about, and in what manner, is just as rediculous.

Just ignore the stupid threads or say what you said here in those threads instead of starting one just to ***** about the other threads. If everybody did this then the idiotic threads will be gone in no time. If everyone did what you did then every thread would be a ****ing thread of one kind or another.

I do agree that a lot of the threads started are completely rediculous but lecturing us on what you (a board newblet) wants to see us talk about, and in what manner, is just as rediculous.

Just ignore the stupid threads or say what you said here in those threads instead of starting one just to ***** about the other threads. If everybody did this then the idiotic threads will be gone in no time. If everyone did what you did then every thread would be a ****ing thread of one kind or another.

I understand and respect your point. I just thought that what was going on...especially after the hawks game was so distastefull that it warrented a new thread....Sorry if you don't agree.:helmet:

Disloyalty sucks, but being loyal is defined so differently between people on stuff like this that it can be hard to accept those differences.

I agree with you....it is defined differently between people ....What was going on was my opinion of disloyal. Hence the thread. I want to reiterate, I didn't think some of the things were criticisms....I thought they were mean spirited attacks on players by their own fans...to me that is disloyal.

I understand and respect your point. I just thought that what was going on...especially after the hawks game was so distastefull that it warrented a new thread....Sorry if you don't agree.:helmet:

Its just that there are a dozen or so of these threads a day to go with the 450 retarded ones started a day so after a while there really isnt any point.

The mods can handle it.

Would be nice if they started getting rid of some of these guys though. But the really bad ones stop posting in the offseason because there isn't anything to cry about. You'll see.

Its just that there are a dozen or so of these threads a day to go with the 450 retarded ones started a day so after a while there really isnt any point.

The mods can handle it.

Would be nice if they started getting rid of some of these guys though. But the really bad ones stop posting in the offseason because there isn't anything to cry about. You'll see.

Sometimes I like the really bad ones......I just haven't been here long enough to get sick of them, and or recognize that I wrote them, I guess....:laugh:

I agree with you....it is defined differently between people ....What was going on was my opinion of disloyal. Hence the thread. I want to reiterate, I didn't think some of the things were criticisms....I thought they were mean spirited attacks on players by their own fans...to me that is disloyal.

And, shocking and disruptive as this may be for you :D ...I agree that trashing (and I mean "trashing") our own players beyond a lttle venting, say like during a game thread, or unless they are just totally henious, sucks too. I know it's just a matter of personal style, but its really lame, IMO.

And, shocking and disruptive as this may be for you :D ...I agree that trashing (and I mean "trashing") our own players beyond a lttle venting, say like during a game thread, or unless they are just totally henious, sucks too. I know it's just a matter of personal style, but its really lame, IMO.

Wow you and I agree on something....has hell forzen over? ;)

I really can't complain how the season ended for us. I was at the chargers game and this was after we lost some real close games and we were on a losing streak something fierce. We came back to win the last 5 games to go 10-6, knock dallas out of the playoffs, avenge our early season loss to the bucs and really could have beaten a team that was lucky that we didn't blitz their QB... I think that we did an outstanding job, not to mention all the prior points of being in almost every game. I was happy with our season overall.

Well stated DF...after that Raider loss I thought the season was over!! Before the season began the Redskins were picked by mostly everyone to finish in last place! We had a hell of a season all things considered. 6 straight wins was very impressive and to be in the Seattle game with pretty much zero offense due to injuries was also impressive. They key is to see whom Gibb's adds in the off season. We need one more playmaker to take the pressure off Moss and we do have the trading chips to aquire that someone.

Couldn't agree more. This team is defnitely on the cusp of greatness. And not just the greatness of 1 great season. This team has the potential for longevity.

Couldn't agree with you more.

I'm happy with the season and our team, and it's future.

Keeping the coaching staff together, and that group of 15 core players is the key to building another dynasty. With Williams here until Gibbs retires and probably taking over, is a HUGE victory in the "planning for the future" scenerio."

The hire and fire approach to getting good coaching on your team does not work as you keep starting over every couple of years. I have never been happier with the position the Redskns are in right now, and looking ahead.

Next season looks very promising. And the one after that.

Poor Dallas.

Hail!:point2sky

What's wrong with a thread like that? I hope we do fire Corey Raymer. I believe there are only certain players that earn the right for unconditional support from fans. Guys that have been with the team for years and have been productive on the field and a great guy off of it. These guys change teams every year and when one guy is sucking terribly we have the right to call for his firing. Corey Raymer should not be spared by anyone. I agree, we shouldn't be like Philly fans and turn on Mcnabb, throw snowballs at Santa Claus, but we also shouldn't be complacent panzees that want to give everyone on the team a hug just because they were a minimal part of reaching the playoffs that noone remembers who made them the next year anyways. This organization and its fans demand excellence, and while it's nice to be out of the sellar, we will support and critique until we reach the ultimate goal once again!

Only a complete fool would be happy with this "outcome." If what you say is true, and the league is basically "equal" give or take a few teams, then we had just as good a chance to make the Superbowl, especially in the NFC than any other team were it not for atrocious Joe Gibbs playcalling against the Seachickens.

There is NO GUARANTEE that we will make the playoffs next year thats why your "the glass is half full" attitude makes me nauseous.

Jerk.

Archived