Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Season's Schedule: Sickening.

BlackOps

Guest GibbSkins11
I'll take it. The hardest games are at home, so that give the 12th man a chance to be the difference. Most of the road games are against weak teams like New Orleanse, Texans, Rams, and Titans. Most of wich will have a new coach in his first year, so I don't see them suprising any. Maybe the Titans will but that's only because of Jeff Fisher and being farther along in rebuilding. The Colts will be VERY tough.

And I wouldn't look past the Falcons, they are on the verge of being like the Colts were this year. They are very close to dominance. Just a few pieces away, like us.

The most important thing on this schedule hasn't been anounced yet. The most important thing is...

our bye week. This season we had WAY too early of a bye week and it cost us in the playoffs. Our guys were too banged up and exhausted. Let's hope for a week 8 bye week next season. That will keep our guys fresh.

atlanta tuff , lol , michael vick cant throw a ball to save his life , the skins defense could have 4 ints easy

Home: Dallas Cowboys, New

York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina

Panthers, Minnesota Vikings, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee

Titans.

Away: Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Philadelphia

Eagles, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, St. Louis

Rams, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts.

Colts? Jaguars? Bucs? Panthers? Sure, we did get lucky with bad teams like Houston, St. Louis, Tennessee, and New Orleans.

I would just rather see a lot of 8-8 teams than 10+ win teams and 10+ loss teams.

I think next year:

We beat Dallas twice, New York twice, and Philly once (5-1 in division)

We beat Atlanta, Carolina, Minnesota, Jacksonville, and Tennessee at home

We beat New Orleans, St.Louis, Houston, and Indianapolis on the road.

Our only 2 losses will be road games against the Bucs and the Eagles.

Payback time will come against the Bucs in the 2006-2007 playoffs though, when they have to come to Fed Ex.

I'll take it. The hardest games are at home, so that give the 12th man a chance to be the difference. Most of the road games are against weak teams like New Orleanse, Texans, Rams, and Titans. Most of wich will have a new coach in his first year, so I don't see them suprising any. Maybe the Titans will but that's only because of Jeff Fisher and being farther along in rebuilding. The Colts will be VERY tough.

And I wouldn't look past the Falcons, they are on the verge of being like the Colts were this year. They are very close to dominance. Just a few pieces away, like us.

The most important thing on this schedule hasn't been anounced yet. The most important thing is...

our bye week. This season we had WAY too early of a bye week and it cost us in the playoffs. Our guys were too banged up and exhausted. Let's hope for a week 8 bye week next season. That will keep our guys fresh.

I think you have made excellent point regarding bye week timing...this year it was not helpful at all, particularly given the strength of the schedule!

Its so hard to tell which teams will be good and which ones will be crappy. Lets just take this one step at a time and enjoy the offseason.

Thank you. People tend to forget that many teams looked at the 6 - 10 Redskins from last season on their schedule and thought that was going to be an easy win this season. Except for the first Giants game, no one had an easy win against us this year. Let's not fall in the same trap against other teams next season. A lot of those bad teams are going to have different coaches and personnel when we see them. Don't take anything for granted. :cheers:

The NFL schedule is like a box of chocolates ... you never know what you're gonna get.

As Sally Jenkins was so quick to remind us, we had the fifth easiest schedule in the league going into this year. How'd that work out for us? :)

I wouldn't worry about the teams we have to play until we actually have to play them.

Titans.

Colts? Jaguars? Bucs? Panthers? Sure, we did get lucky with bad teams like Houston, St. Louis, Tennessee, and New Orleans.

I would just rather see a lot of 8-8 teams than 10+ win teams and 10+ loss teams.

Scheduling isnt done the way it used to be. There isnt much choice in who you play anymore. Next year, The NFC East plays the AFC South and NFC South. So the cowboys, giants, eagles basically have the same schedule except for 2 games that are chosen from how you finished the previous year.

6 Conference Games

8 Divisional Games (4 NFC + 4 AFC)

2 Games based on previous year finish.

Looks like nothing!!!!!!!! You all are crazy... how many people looked at the Skins on their schedule this yr and marked a W in their mind column??? we were 6-10 last season and scared no one, lets just wait b4 getting crazy... although a game in STL is awesome 3 yrs in a row I get to go to a game. not to mention my buddy is getting season tickets at the FED and I plan to be there to watch Dallas lose!!!

The way the NFL is now, I don't read anything into the schedules. Who would of thought the Eagles would have turned out to be beatable after going to the Superbowl the year before?

:applause:

My thoughts exactly. With all of the worst-to-firsts and vice versa that seem to happen every season, saying a schedule is easy or hard before the previous season is even over just isn't reliable.

:applause:

My thoughts exactly. With all of the worst-to-firsts and vice versa that seem to happen every season, saying a schedule is easy or hard before the previous season is even over just isn't reliable.

I agree. Doesn't matter though. The way the Skins played this season with a tough schedule I can't see us being any worse off next year than this one. 10-6 minimum. Anything less is obviously a setback. 12-4 should be a goal for this team next year regardless of schedule strength. :applause:

Looks like nothing!!!!!!!! You all are crazy... how many people looked at the Skins on their schedule this yr and marked a W in their mind column??? we were 6-10 last season and scared no one, lets just wait b4 getting crazy... although a game in STL is awesome 3 yrs in a row I get to go to a game. not to mention my buddy is getting season tickets at the FED and I plan to be there to watch Dallas lose!!!

@ the Jack, always and forever.

Titans.

A wise man once said "If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best." :2cents:

I don't see why anyone is stressed over next year's schedule already. There is a lot of offseason activity to take place before that becomes a concern. Who is to say that Jacksonville doesn't add a lot of players in the offseason and become a dominate team. Who is to say TB doesn't lose players to trade and FA? What until we know who we have on our team, and who they have on their team, and then start looking at how we compare to the teams we will be playing.

Archived