Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Think of how The Colts and Bears fans feel...

gube79

This may help you cope with the misery a little bit and help you respect the Skins 2nd round appearance. Those teams had a bye week AND home field advantage. And guess what, THEY STILL LOST! I mean come on Indy started 13-0. So you can imagine what those fans are feeling, especially since both teams thought it was their year to go to Detroit.

If the Skins were in the same predicament, the loss would've hurt so much worse. That goes to show you teams won't lay down and let you walk all over them. Nothing is given and anything can happen.

Here it is, two days later and I'm sitting at work and still upset! But hey, I think I've been alot more upset in previous years about the lack of heart displayed in the regular season than about a 6 game win streak and playoff win. So as much as I wish I could be planning a trip to Carolina this weekend, I applaud the team for giving me a reason to look forward to next season...

:applause:

Im actually the calmest, most collected I have been all year on a Monday following a Loss.

We had a very good season and its something to smile about regardless if we didnt win the SB.

Knowing that we are a couple pieces away from being a SB contender is comforting.

Its the first time in awhile that I can say im "happy" with where the team is at. This time last year up until early this season I had no idea what to expect.

We are in position next year to be a #1 or #2 team. We just need to do different than what the Colts/Bears did...and that is take advantage of things IF we get a bye/home playoff game.

I'm in Indianapolis and the Colts fans are sick. They have seen this team falter in the playoffs every year. Yesterday Manning called out his line for not blocking. They are also aware that James and Wayne could leave. The believe their window is starting to shut. Dungy will have a tough job this off season.

Regardless, come on out to Indianapolis next year to see the Skins. Tickets are cheap.

Think about the Bengals and the Jags as well. Of course the Bengals lost Carson Palmer but they were part of the big talk this year and Chad Johnson predicted they would knock out the Colts. Then the Jaguars were 12-4 and couldn't get a bye in the first round and then they lost. I feel pretty good here.

Bears fans have no complaints, they had a great year and lost to a better team. Similar to the Skins. Colts fans however must feel raw. I loved watching them lose, plus if the Skins don't win it all, I would like to see Bill Cowher win it all. He is a great coach and certainly deserves it.

although very dissappinted I don't feel feel terrible about the loss. We had every opportunity to win that game and it got away. I think mounting injuries, playing on the road, etc. finally took it's toll. This was a great season. I can't be too upset

- swept Dallas including the miraculous MNF game on their ring of honor night and the 35-7 drubbing. Awesome

- Knocked Dallas out of the playoffs by beating Philly in Philly to complete a sweep of both Philly and Dallas

- Made the second round of the playoffs and with exception to the Ginats game we were in every game to the last second

- Greg Williams is staying and Gibbs is back

- Made second round of the playoffs

Next year we'll have home field and things will change. Colts blew it. We succeeded when everyone thought we couldn't.

although very dissappinted I don't feel feel terrible about the loss. We had every opportunity to win that game and it got away. I think mounting injuries, playing on the road, etc. finally took it's toll. This was a great season. I can't be too upset

- swept Dallas including the miraculous MNF game on their ring of honor night and the 35-7 drubbing. Awesome

- Knocked Dallas out of the playoffs by beating Philly in Philly to complete a sweep of both Philly and Dallas

- Made the second round of the playoffs and with exception to the Ginats game we were in every game to the last second

Next year we'll have home field and things will change. Colts blew it. We succeeded when everyone thought we couldn't.

Great points! The fact that personnell isn't changing means alot. I am glad to see alot of people are staying and want to stay. I can't stand "try-out" players or "auditioning" coaches that stay for a couple of years and then bounce! It's good to see a core being built and a winning attitude organization finally coming together. The past years have stunk as I don't remember half the players that were on the team just 2 years ago.

I'm pretty upbeat. We had a great season. The team went way farther and won a bunch more games than any of the mediots were predicting. With another year of stability and a few key additions here and there I think we'll be serious contenders next year. It will be interesting to see what the "experts" predictions are for next season.

Im actually the calmest, most collected I have been all year on a Monday following a Loss.

Same here. I was eerily calm even right after the loss. This year's team exceeded my expectations; I didn't expect them to get to the Super Bowl this year. This is a team that is finally gelling into one cohesive unit, and I think this will serve them very well next year when they really start kicking butt! :point2sky

Not to mention that everyone's darlings The Patriots just looked inept on Saturday.

Sean Salisbury is the greatest band-wagon hopper ever....all last week he was all over the Pats & Bilichek saying how they were ready for another Super Bowl birth...OOPS! Now he was just laying into them the next day.

The fact that the Colts, Bears & Pats lost has pushed our loss to the back-pages...not many people in the national media are even saying much about us right now.

Despite the fact we lost....I'm not devestated....a little disappointed but life is moving on very nicely. I told my wife just before the Eagles game, "I just want us to get in, so all of the people in the national media who said we weren't going anywhere this year will have to eat their words."

I'm pretty upbeat. We had a great season. The team went way farther and won a bunch more games than any of the mediots were predicting. With another year of stability and a few key additions here and there I think we'll be serious contenders next year. It will be interesting to see what the "experts" predictions are for next season.

They'll say last year was fluke...which is fine...but they need to face reality Coach Gibbs went through a tough year last year...during the off-season he made changes...this off season there will be some subtle changes probably but this team is hungry and will be out to prove that this year was no fluke.

Dungy and Manning are career chokers. They are the league's laughing stock. Manning couldn't win a big game at Tennesee, never beat Spurrier, and Dungy couldn't win a Superbowl with that incredible defense he had.

It should be interesting in the coming days to see whether or not the sports media in general calls Dungy a choker because he truly is.

Actually I was very calm and proud of my team (after the game) their "never quit attitud" and team unity had me very happy, it's the first time in many many years that I've seen and feel the team this way, actually since Joe Gibbs left.

HTTR

GibbsMeaWin that video is hillarious.

About losing, I don't feel too bad. I was hoping for a W and a redskins road to the superbowl t-shirt, but we exceeded expectations 10 fold.

Side note, remember watching the Skins Bears game to start the season. I was at a bar with like 10 skins fans and 10 bears fans. We looked like we were at a wake and not watching a football game. Here we are both teams that looked terrible in our first game out of the playoffs but at least 2nd round competitors.

It was a good season and I am proud.

Don't feel bad at all I was a little disappointed like everyone else but, looking back at the year I couldn't be any prouder of this team they prove every one wrong this year they just need few more pieces in some key positions they will be ready to roll. As for the Colts, I thought Manning's comments were tacky it wasn't just the OL it was the team period offensively and defensively did not perform well a lot of it had to do with what the Steelers were doing yes the lay off didn't help any but they were just outplayed, outcoached in every phrase of the game.

good point.

I will feel much better if Seattle ends up winning the Super Bowl

Well, if it's any help Pat, I think I've been the only poster on whole board calmly and consistently saying Seattle is definitely not smoke and mirrors because of a soft schedule. I've been consistently saying that I thought the 'skins, all homerism aside, were the NFC team most likely to beat them, followed by the Panthers, but I've been taking Seattle over everyone but us all along. What I saw Saturday, turnovers and all did nothing to change my mind. Thing is, and I'd hate to see Denver do it now that Indy's out, I believe those two would be most likely to beat the squaks, but I'll be pulling for them a little now (but jeez i hate that we didnt get it done) just because they are the local boys and the city/fans have been very decent in my experience.

I knew that both teams would lose. Colts got exposed by San Diego & the Bears actually played a better offensive game than I expected but the defense is what let the Bears down.

I felt that if the Skins would have gotten by the Seahawks that they would have went all the way to the Super Bowl because I didn't see any other team beating them.

Being a Cowboy fan, I guess I'm glad that the Seahawks beat them. Not really because I only cheer for my team.

This is by far the best season in over 10 years!

I'm dissapointed in the loss but very happy with our progress.

I'm smiling about next season already.

Hail!:point2sky

Archived