Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sleeper WR FA to sign....

ez2envy

Please stop with the TO talk...please. It AIN'T HAPPENING. There is no way that TO could coexist in the same offense as Cooley and Moss...he wouldn't get enough touches and pretty soon would start to ***** about it. I can't believe anyone really wants that cancer on this team...with the chemistry they have going for them, TO would disastrous.

So please, just stop thinking it is even halfway probable. This will never happen.

I agree. If we were to get TO, the media would place high expectations on us and expect us to win the Super Bowl. I want to stay an under-the-radar team. If we make smart, cheap moves in FA and in the draft, we will remain underrated, which every fan should hope for.

Lloyd is not a high-profile pickup but a guy who could become a star in the future. If we can't get Lloyd, we should go for the old vets in Joe Horn, Joe Jurevicius, and Eric Moulds. Same with Aaron Kampman, who should be our other major FA signing. Kampman is even better against the run than Wynn and is a developing pass rusher. With Blatche's tutelage, Kampman will be very very good. Consistent pressure from our D-Line means the winning streak D becomes even better.

Hoping we have 3 day 1 picks (a 3rd for Ramsey and if we can't get Lloyd), we could get little-known guys who can contribute right away in Martin Nance (a 6-5 receiver from Miami [OH] who runs a 4.33 40 and is very consistent), Ray Edwards (a DE who, although not very good against the run, could be our Derrick Burgess on 3rd downs), and either Mark Setterstrom or Kevin Boothe (guards who could contribute right away as no. 3 guards).

In Day 2, we could look for guys like CB Jonathan Joseph from SoCarolina who are somewhat raw but could contribute as dime backs. We should also look for our very own Rocky Bernard--a 3-technique DT who can rush the passer. Our DLine next year should be:

DE: Daniels/Kampman/Edwards/Evans

DT: Griff/Salavea/Boschetti/Killings/draftee

I would say the 2 biggest sleepers are Kevin Johnson and Koren Robinson.

HERE IS MY LIST:

UFA’s

1)David Givens NE

2)Reggie Wayne Ind

3)Josh Reed Buf

4)Randy Hymes Bal

5)Antonio Bryant Cle

6)Antwaan Randle El Pit

7)Eric Moulds Buf

8)Joe Jurevicius Sea

9)Peter Warrick Sea

10)Jabar Gaffney Hou

11)Rod Gardner Car

12)Corey Bradford Hou

13)Kevin Johnson Det

14)Peerless Price Dal

15)Dez White Atl

16)Koren Robinson Min

17)Quincy Morgan Pit

18)Az-Zhair Hakim NO

19)Tim Carter NYG

20)David Boston Mia

21)Ike Hillard TB

22)Troy Brown NE

23)Tim Dwight NE

24)Jerome Pathon Atl

25)Charles Lee Ari

26)Marc Boerighter KC

27)Reggie Swinton Ari

28)Troy Walters Ind

29)Patrick Johnson Bal

RFA’s

1)Brandon Lloyd SF

2)Patrick Crayton Dal

3)Nate Burleson Min

4)Eddie Drummond Det-KR

5)Kevin Walter Cin

6)Shaun McDonald Stl

7)Willie Ponder NYG

8)Kevin Curtis Stl

9)Kelley Washington Cin

10)David Tyree NYG

11)Derick Armstrong Hou

12)Kaseem Osgood SD

13)Arnaz Battle SF

14)Chris Horn KC

15)Bryan Gilmore Mia

HTTR.gif

http://www.xii2.com/myPictures/RedskinSonic2.bmp[/img

Chemistry? Dude, our offense scored only 20 points in two playoff games. TO is in no position to be b*tching about anything, and he won't. The only reason it seems impossible is because you don't want it to happen. Gibbs coming back was impossible, so how is this any different?

27 actually.

Using the comparison of Dexter Manley isn't always accurate for a couple of reasons. 1 - Gibbs didn't KNOW Manley was trouble when he drafted him, where he does already know Owens is trouble. 2 - Gibbs also now admits that he regrets allowing Manley to continue on with the team for as long as he did because it sent mixed signals to other players. - This is something he is clearly doesn't want to allow again.

Owens track record is that he turned the last two teams he was with, playoff teams, into 2 train wreck non-playoff teams. Owens, before coming to the Eagles PROMISED Any Reid he would behave, so why would he promising to be good to Joe Gibbs be different?

Chemistry? Dude, our offense scored only 20 points in two playoff games. TO is in no position to be b*tching about anything, and he won't. The only reason it seems impossible is because you don't want it to happen. Gibbs coming back was impossible, so how is this any different?

Yeah, chemistry. And yeah, our offense only scored 20 poitns in two playoff games, but they also scored 94 points in three straight divisional games.

If you can honestly look at the personnel moves Gibbs has made the past two years and tell me you think TO will be a Redskin, well, all I'll say is don't quit your day job. The day TO becomes a Skin is the day Gibbs and Williams have left the team.

And Gibbs coming back was far from impossible. Anyway, the two situations are completely different, so I don't even get your analogy. Apples and Oranges, dude.

27 actually.

Using the comparison of Dexter Manley isn't always accurate for a couple of reasons. 1 - Gibbs didn't KNOW Manley was trouble when he drafted him, where he does already know Owens is trouble. 2 - Gibbs also now admits that he regrets allowing Manley to continue on with the team for as long as he did because it sent mixed signals to other players. - This is something he is clearly doesn't want to allow again.

Owens track record is that he turned the last two teams he was with, playoff teams, into 2 train wreck non-playoff teams. Owens, before coming to the Eagles PROMISED Any Reid he would behave, so why would he promising to be good to Joe Gibbs be different?

One of our tds was a defensive td, so ya, our OFFENSE only scored 20 points. You honestly mean to tell me that the entire time Gibbs was coaching Manley he had no idea what he was doing? And we aren't talking about drafting TO, we're talking about giving him one more chance to get to win a championship. That's because he's almost out of time and a championship is what we want as well. Andy Reid is Andy Reid. Gibbs doesn't take sh*T from anyone.

SF was well on its way to cap hell. and even though the Eagles weren't a superbowl contender when he left, he definetly wasn't responsible for half their offense going on IR. I'm not talking about having TO promise anything. It needs to be in writting, in his contract. You can fear TO if you want, but I don't. I want to win.

One of our tds was a defensive td, so ya, our OFFENSE only scored 20 points. You honestly mean to tell me that the entire time Gibbs was coaching Manley he had no idea what he was doing? And we aren't talking about drafting TO, we're talking about giving him one more chance to get to win a championship. That's because he's almost out of time and a championship is what we want as well. Andy Reid is Andy Reid. Gibbs doesn't take sh*T from anyone.

SF was well on its way to cap hell. and even though the Eagles weren't a superbowl contender when he left, he definetly wasn't responsible for half their offense going on IR. I'm not talking about having TO promise anything. It needs to be in writting, in his contract. You can fear TO if you want, but I don't. I want to win.

Reading is fundamental. Gibbs didn't know Manley was trouble before he drafted him. Of course he knew what he was doing, and as was pointed out, regretted letting him do it for so long.

Yeah, chemistry. And yeah, our offense only scored 20 poitns in two playoff games, but they also scored 94 points in three straight divisional games.

If you can honestly look at the personnel moves Gibbs has made the past two years and tell me you think TO will be a Redskin, well, all I'll say is don't quit your day job. The day TO becomes a Skin is the day Gibbs and Williams have left the team.

And Gibbs coming back was far from impossible. Anyway, the two situations are completely different, so I don't even get your analogy. Apples and Oranges, dude.

I'll say that he's done something different then what he said he would do ever year since he came back. The core redskins, Ramsey the starter, it's all about what wins football games. TO in DC would win football games. It'd be great if every year the only teams we play in the playoffs are the Giants, Cowboys, and Eagles, but it doesn't work that way, man. We made Seattle and Tampa look like the 85 bears our offense was so bad. Something has to change.

Reading is fundamental. Gibbs didn't know Manley was trouble before he drafted him. Of course he knew what he was doing, and as was pointed out, regretted letting him do it for so long.

So you get my point. He knew he was doing crack yet he kept him on the team. You want to know why? Because he produced on the feild. TO was destroying Eagle recieving records before he got hurt, and he's in his early 30's. If there's one thing you can't say it's that TO doesn't produce. You get my point? I was kinda hoping you'd figure it out.

So you get my point. He knew he was doing crack yet he kept him on the team. You want to know why? Because he produced on the feild. TO was destroying Eagle recieving records before he got hurt, and he's in his early 30's. If there's one thing you can't say it's that TO doesn't produce. You get my point? I was kinda hoping you'd figure it out.

Why don't you wait till the Eagles deal Owens and you can ride on his jock to wherever he goes...F&^* TO!!!:mad:

No one is arguing TO's talent level. He is one of the best if not THE best receiver in the game today. I don't think anyone will question that. However the undeniable truth remains that he is a cancer in the lockerroom. He has torn apart two teams. He lied to Andy Reid, so why do you think he wouldn't lie to Gibbs??

Again, its never going to happen, so I'd just forget about it. Its a pipe dream, but only for those who have no idea where this team is headed. Class, character and values are the three important things that all players on this team have. TO has no class, no character (just because one IS a character does not mean they have it) and doesn't seem to have any values (his MO seems to be "look out for number 1, and number 1 only.").

As far as TO is concerned, I think his best bet is to drop Rosenhaus immediately...but he still wouldn't end up on the Skins.

I figured someone would say that. Gibbs will own that man, and if TO messes it up he won't be able to play anywhere. TO knows that, and if he doesn't, he'll figure it out fast.

Just like Andy Reid owned that man

Face it fellas, the guy is plain destructive on and off the filed. I would think that, given our history of signing big named guys who didn't help our team, this debate would be over by now. We are in the middle of putting something special together in D.C. and u want a guy who tore apart a dominant franchise in 2 seasons. Seriously folks, the eagles were the dominant force in the NFC east for quite a while, they took a chance on TO and poof 2 years later they are in the cellar.

Also how do u expect TO to act if Brunell's arm starts struggling again? Don't forget he ripped Garcia because of his weak arm. He ripped McNabb because he was out of shape. Do u think he will play nice with Brunell who has a weak arm and is older so more likely to get injured. If you do believe that TO is going to turn over a new leaf at his next stop you are truly naive.

We do need an answer at the #2 WR spot. However we must focus on building this team from the ground up, with character guys, guys that can see this team at 5-6 and say f--k this we are winning out and going to the playoffs. Not a guy who would see us at 5-6 and start calling his QB a homo. We got to where we are with guts and camraderie. TO would give us neither.

And on the point of ST making bone-headed plays, being a trouble maker, etc. Everything he does is directed at an opponent. He hits the other team out of bounds, he spits in Pittman's face. That doesn't make it ok, but it is directed at the opponent. Everything duschebaggy that TO does is directed at his teammates. BIG DIFFERENCE

No one is arguing TO's talent level. He is one of the best if not THE best receiver in the game today. I don't think anyone will question that. However the undeniable truth remains that he is a cancer in the lockerroom. He has torn apart two teams. He lied to Andy Reid, so why do you think he wouldn't lie to Gibbs??

Again, its never going to happen, so I'd just forget about it. Its a pipe dream, but only for those who have no idea where this team is headed. Class, character and values are the three important things that all players on this team have. TO has no class, no character (just because one IS a character does not mean they have it) and doesn't seem to have any values (his MO seems to be "look out for number 1, and number 1 only.").

As far as TO is concerned, I think his best bet is to drop Rosenhaus immediately...but he still wouldn't end up on the Skins.

The man's doing cell phone comercials now. If he hasn't figured it out that the biological clock is ticking then he's already doomed. I believe he's worth a shot, because if it works, we win a superbowl. Y not? Corry Dillion was cancer, pretty much begged his way to NE and a superbowl trophy. Crazy idea, but I can dream. :)

If he wants a championship, DC is where he needs to go. If that's not what he wants, I have no problem passing on him.

Thank You.

Renegade, no one is disputing your intention or idea for a playmaker, it's just let's stay away from this guy. Every guy that has played for Gibbs over the years have not all been saints, but none have ever disrupted the team chemistry which Gibbs works hard to establish. - He lets players do their thing, but draws the line when someone does something that embarasses or hurts the team. - Owens does both. - You don't think that Eagles fans have been embarassed for about the last year now?

What about Antonio Bryant. Although not really a sleeper, he played solid for a very suspect Browns squad. He has talent and decent size @ 6'2'' 190 and is only 24. Not sure how much money he will command in the offseason, but I think he could be addition if the price is right. Many think he has character issues, but he hasn't shown that since having his troubles with Parcells.

I never forgot that day he played in the superbowl. If that ain't guts, then what the hell was it? 1 year contract, that's all I ask. If it works, championship. If it doesn't, he won't even make it out of mini-camp. Gibbs demands respect, more so then Andy Reid. 3 super bowl trophies can do that.

Guest amaprius

TO, Reggie Wayne, Josh Reed, Antonio Bryant Eric Moulds, Antwan Randle El, Tim Dwight, Koren Robinson, Corey Bradford, Eddie Drummond, Nate Burleson and Patrick Johnson are all quality guys that I would like on this team....Pick any 5 of those and they would be a huge upgrade to what we have now.

Brandon Lloyd is well known for his T-Rex arms and attitude.

When the game is on the line...his game is extinct.

TO can perform and Gibbs would not stand for his attitude.

McCardell?

You mean he isnt dead yet?

Archived