Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stop Making Excuses For REDSKINS Loss. Seahawks Were Better Team Saturday!

Seahawk Ref

Hey. Give it a rest. Between some browsing last night and a quick scan now, there are plenty of threads here taking the Redskins, players and coaches, to task. More so than any excuses. Yes, they were a better team. But not by much.

I was sorry to hear what happened to you, PCS, with the smoke bomb and all. The local football are generally more mellow than most others I've ever come across, and Seattle's one of the coolest cities in most ways, but its a sad truth that there are plenty of azzholes everywhere.

Congratulations to Mike Holmgren, Matt Hasselbeck, and the Seattle Seahawks. Besides earning their opportunities (Best NFC Record, Home Advanatage in Playoffs, and 12th Man Crowd Noise in Qwest Field) and taking advantage of them, the Seahawks did what they had to do as they improvised, overcame, and adapt last Saturday in their victory against the Skins.

Most folks here did congratulate the Seahawks and made no excuses about the loss. Either you didn't read their posts or you chose to ignore them. So, your post was made because you are uniformed or you're a putz. Definitely room for improvement either way, don't you think?

I haven't read anything but the original post, so forgive me if my reply here misses something.

Nobody who knows what they're talking about is claiming we got jobbed or outplayed the Seahawks or deserved to win that game. Seattle took away our bread and butter on offense - the run - and was able to beat us by running consistently with their backup RB and by lighting us up for big plays with Darrell Jackson.

Even the missed FG by Hall didn't "decide the game" because 1) we still would have had to score a TD to take the lead, and that was no small task for our offense, and 2) we weren't able to stop the 'Hawks from driving back down the field to ice the game with a FG of their own.

The Seahawks won fair and square, and did so in solid if not spectacular fashion. IMHO, the two best teams in the NFC are facing off next week in Seattle to decide who goes to the Super Bowl.

I think Holmgren may have turned the corner with this franchise by finally winning a playoff game to end the drought and get the players to believe that they can win. Short of winning the Super Bowl itself, that's the biggest step that a team needs to take to become successful.

I'll agree with most of your points. Gibbs is unanimous as one of the best coaches the game's ever seen and i see him adding another superbowl before he ultimately retires.

Seattle played better overall as a team, they played most of the game on offense, the skins only showed up late in the game and it just wasnt enough. However, i cannot agree that the hawks are a better team. Any given day if they played again, it would still be a toss up because these teams are so evenly matched. Ask me to pick which team is better and i'm gonna say they the skins because well, they are my team. But i honestly believe these two teams would split 10 games 5-5.

Only thing i can say is, carlos picks that ball its 10-0 and we win. Congrats on being the better team on that day and pulling it out. I am rooting for you guys next week and you better win. DON'T LET A WILD CARD TEAM BEAT YOU. In no way am i complaining and trying to whine that we should have won. You guys outplayed us saturday and congrats, now get to the superbowl.

I am making no excuses, we got beat by a better team. I shook many Hawk Fans Hands after the game, well the ones who were not yelling at me.

I am happy with the 05 Season and feel that Coach Gibbs has us headed in the right direction.

Fuji869,

Sorry this is O/T Did you graduate from Rogers High School? I am from South Hill in Puyallup also!!! Small World :)

Archived