Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All ES members please read: Some thoughts about making donations to Extremeskins

GSF

If only one of the Staff member's weren't a lawyer... ;)

And GSF, I have to say that I echo Om's statement: irrespective of what happens, I really appreciate the gesture.

Well that was exactly my point iheart, the absolute last thing ANYONE would want is to have one of the guys get yanked up over this. I even suggest that if anyone has any ideas and wants to discuss them they do it offsite, through your ISP or one of the messengers (Yahoo, AIM, etc.) so we don't have even the appearance of impropriety. I assume that someone advocating money being collected or forwarded to anyone or even discussing it on ES ~ even in PMs here ~ might ruffle some feathers. If any of the resident lawyers would care to explain the intricate legalities to us simple silly posters it would be welcome and interesting, but don't go telling yourself that this is just another one of those hollow gestures so easily made online then forgotten. These guys deserve better.

Guys, I will tell you what you can find elsewhere.

The team DOES pay our travel expenses as reported in the City Paper. They fly us to games, cover the hotel and give us access. We pay for food, mostly beer and strippers :). We also cover some other costs. Additionally the team pays for bandwidth.

In the past the donations really went to help MOSTLY with that. We have considered and will continue to consider bringing in funds to the site for the benefit of the site through donations or gear or whatever as we have access to funds we can improve things we can do and need to do, but, it will be something we have to figure out how to implement and the need is diminished.

It'd mostly be donations so we can pick people to fly down to D.C. for a game and we give them tickets or something. Or to get better gear to provide better content. Eric just spent $700 on a camera lens this morning because he felt guilty not having better pictures for you. I'll be spending the same next month for next year. This is where our costs have largely gone and we aren't sure how many of you would want to give us money to be nice toys. Even if they are TOYS for YOU :).

The gesture is incredibly kind. We hope to integrate gear back in for a number of reasons -- showing your colors and all. As to the rest, we'll have to see.

I'm a senior member on another messageboard that I visit frequently. It's run by a legendary musician, and there is talk that he is putting up a lot of his own money to keep his site up and running. I've suggested there that merchandise be made available, the sales of which could go back into the operating costs of the site.

If ES were to offer exclusive merchandsie, I'd buy a couple items in order to help out with expenses. I'm a little leery of the idea of just giving donations, unless the accounting is made available for members' review. A dollar or two from every member here would total a large amount, probably more than what would be needed to cover the costs of the guys who are going to all the games, and enough to buy their camera lenses and stuff. Where would the rest go?

Well personally, I'd like to have my money back!!

Someone, he said he was a Mod, told me if I sent some money to Exxxtremeskin, he could guarantee that the reproductive organ of my anatomy would touch the floor.

So I did. Next day, my legs fell off!!

Therefore, even though technically the guarantee was honored, I am less than happy about it.

:jk:

:seahawksu

Seriously though, just let us know when you need something.

Archived