Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Marcus Washington is the best LB in the league

trez

Best? No. Elite. Yes.

I mean we are talknig about names like:

Brian Urlacher, Takeo Spikes, Mike Peterson, Ray Lewis, Jamie Sharper, Keith Brooking(overrated) etc.

Rams fan here.

You're missing a very important name: Al Wilson. I think he should be first any list of linebackers.

As for the Rams. I wish we had someone like Marcus Washington. We haven't had anybody good since London Fletcher, and even he isn't in the class we're talking about.

:dallasuck

Taken from Casey Urlacher's website.

"He now runs a 4.59 40-yard dash and can bench-press 225 pounds 27 times—the exact numbers Brian put up at the 2000 NFL combine. Smith, who regularly conditions NFL players, compares Casey's agility and speed to Miami linebacker Zach Thomas'."

There you have it DatBoy21.... get your facts straight before posting useless INCORRECT information.

Actually i've found many reports on the web that state he runs the 4.62 as previously stated...:laugh:

Brian Urlacher is a converted Safety. He is faster than a 4.62. He has football speed. That is different than a timed 40.

All I gotta say is that's my boy!!!

I've been propping him to everyone ever since he signed with the Skins, and came over from the Colts in the offseason of 03'... I wear his #53 jersey to every home game, and I was bummed out that he got overlooked for the pro-bowl this year...

Do I think he's the best? Well that's a very debateable topic, but I would say that he's in the top 5 to 6 LB's in the league that's for sure!!! Like Doc Walker calls him on DC's AM radio "Sportstalk 980"... "He's The CYBORG"

p.s.

I got to meet him after the Eagle home game this year on ESPN,

and he was still FIRED UP! That's my boy!!!

I wouldn't compare him to a middle linebacker.

Thinking of outside linebackers, who are better than Marcus Washington or on his level? Some come to mind:

Keith Bulluck

D.J. Williams

Takeo Spikes

Terrell Suggs

Derrick Brooks

and maybe some more. That's out of a big bulk of players. So yes, MW is one of the very best outside linebackers in the league.

Archived