Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ok Im Tired Of All These Cocky Seahawks Fans On Our Board!!!!!

paredskinsfan

If you ask me, the trash talking by Seahawk fans has been pretty weak. I chalk that up to strength of schedule. People on this board are battle tested just like the Skins themselves. The Seahawks schedule has not prepared thier fans for serious trash talking.:D

GO Skins!!!

Does that rating take in account the garbage teams that Seattle played over that span?
I believe, though I couldn't find it online right now, that Aikman's ratings take into account the ability of the defense. So yes, it does take into account the garbage teams we have played.
Are these Aikman rankings based on the last four weeks of the regular season?
For the entire season, the Skins and Hawks are tied at #6, although Aikman's ratings start to devalue games that took place over 8 weeks ago. Over the last four weeks, combined rating score is 180.2 for the Seahawks (#1) and 179.7 for the Redskins (#2). Frankly, a difference of 0.5 in combined ratings is insignificant so anyone who makes claims one way or the other based on this is fooling themselves.

Too bad the Skins and Hawks aren't meeting in the NFC Title Game.

If so, wouldn't one be remiss to leave out the following?
See above.

I just have to laugh at the Seattle flamers that have come on the board. Their team hasn't played in a big game since losing to the Raiders in 1984 when they were still in the AFC. Since then, the most important thing to happen in Seattle was the demolition of the Kingdome :laugh:

There is no real comparison to be made between the two teams playing. The skins are that much above the sea****s. When the dust settles in Seatle there will be one team standing and one team crying, and no matter how you slice it, the skins will still be above them...but for all intensive purposes the skins will be the ones standing!

If you look at strength of schedule (as in the immovable thing that the NFL sets before the season), we certainly had the weaker one. But when you talk about strength of victory (as in who you actually beat), even the casual observer can see that the two teams are pretty even.

Washington strength of victory .500

Seattle strength of victory .404

:seahawksu

I just have to laugh at the Seattle flamers that have come on the board. Their team hasn't played in a big game since losing to the Raiders in 1984 when they were still in the AFC. Since then, the most important thing to happen in Seattle was the demolition of the Kingdome :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

and on top of that Coach Gibbs' record against the Seahawks: 5-0 :notworthy :notworthy

Hail to the

Redskins!

Hail Victory!

Braves on the warpath,

Fight for old D.C.!

Run or pass and score

We want a lot more!

Beat 'em Swamp 'em Touchdown

Let the points soar!

Fight on, Fight on,

Til you have won,

Sons of Wash-ing-ton!

Rah! Rah! Rah!

GO REDSKINS!!!

I believe, though I couldn't find it online right now, that Aikman's ratings take into account the ability of the defense. So yes, it does take into account the garbage teams we have played.

If you can't find it, then how do you presume to assume it to be so? I say it isn't so. Since you brought up the ratings, you back up your case.

At the risk of being called a "troll" for talking about football (unless the definition of troll is someone who has a different opinion than yours) I can't understand for the life of me why you guys keep bringing up the strength of schedule argument. It's lame for anyone in the NFC East to bring up and you guys don't even realize it.

Over the course of the season, including the game against us, slightly more than half of our games have been played against common opponents. We've played the same people. Thrown in their amongst them, you guys got a couple that were decent and so did we. We beat all of the bad teams and the only "good" teams we lost to were the Jaguars (soundly) and you guys (barely). While you guys beat the Bears in Kyle Orton's debut (barely), you lost to the lowly Raiders... at home. Have you guys really convinced yourself that you've had some hard road?

If you look at strength of schedule (as in the immovable thing that the NFL sets before the season), we certainly had the weaker one. But when you talk about strength of victory (as in who you actually beat), even the casual observer can see that the two teams are pretty even. It's as if you guys are trying to get some special credit just for hard teams being on your schedule, even when you lost. On any given Sunday, a weaker team can beat a better team if the right circumstances come together. The Raider game should have taught you guys that. But here you are at the end of the season trying to forget that game existed and extoll how another team had it easier than you. All a good team can do to prove themselves against a weaker team is win. The Seahawks did that. Your point on the schedule would have made sense if they had lost to some of those crummy teams. In most cases, they beat them soundly but in all cases, they beat them.

Very well put. Most of the posters here will sound-bite this or simply ignore it. It makes too much sense and will spoil some of their "smack-infested group meetings".

But hey, it's all in good fun...right?

Very well put. Most of the posters here will sound-bite this or simply ignore it. It makes too much sense and will spoil some of their "smack-infested group meetings".

But hey, it's all in good fun...right?

Except that strength of victory spoils his point.

Also let me point out that if strenth of schedule and strength of victory were meaningless, then why would they be used as tie breakers? They can decide the fate of teams vying for a playoff spot. They have to carry some weight, even if they don't lend themselves to defend a team who has cruised through the season on a weak schedule.

Speaking of "smack", Giants fan, what have you contributed to discussions except to criticize the posts made by our members? Shouldn't you be looking ahead to the draft or something? You sure aren't contributing to any dicussions from what I've seen of your posts.

If you can't find it, then how do you presume to assume it to be so?
I don't presume it is true, I believe it is true based on what I recall reading in the past. I may be mistaken; I freely admit that. Perhaps I mixed up the Aikman ratings with some other advanced rating system. (Possibly FootballOutsiders)
I say it isn't so. Since you brought up the ratings, you back up your case.
Please, can we have a discussion without resorting to what is essentially the same as an eight-year old saying "Oh yeah? Prove it!" We can look to the FO ratings if that suits your fancy better. Their methods and techniques are more open than Aikman's.
I really dont know why they think they are going to kill us when we match up very well...
Probably for the same reason so many Skins fans think you are going to kill the Seahawks; ignorance of the other team mixed with blind devotion and a healthy dollop of big mouths.
It looks like to me it will be a close hard fought game that will be decided by turnovers and running the ball.
Aye, a voice of reason amid the insanity.

Also let me point out that if strenth of schedule and strength of victory were meaningless, then why would they be used as tie breakers? They can decide the fate of teams vying for a playoff spot.
A coin flip is also used as a tie breaker. Does that mean the coin is fated to fall in favor of the "better" team or is it just a tool to use as a method to break the tiebreaker?

Are SoS and SoV meaningless in the NFL? No. Obviously a team with a low SoS will probably finish better than team with a high SoS. But using SoS or SoV as the primary method to determine how good a team is is foolish. Were the '72 Dolphins a good team? Do you happen to know what their SoS was? Is Indianapolis a good team? What's their SoS?

I don't presume it is true, I believe it is true based on what I recall reading in the past. I may be mistaken; I freely admit that. Perhaps I mixed up the Aikman ratings with some other advanced rating system. (Possibly FootballOutsiders)

Well what you BELIEVE is true is WRONG.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/7704712

The Aikman Efficiency Ratings measure offensive and defensive performance using a combination of seven key statistics identified by Troy Aikman, and then measured against league norms (and extremes) established over the last 10 years. An offense or defense performing exactly at league norms in all categories will achieve a score of 75.

It will take a truly exceptional unit to score more than 90 during an entire season on either the offensive or defensive scale. In 2003, AER scores ranged on offense from 93.95 (Kansas City) to 63.55 (New York Giants) and on defense from 86.87 (New England) to 62.60 (San Diego).

The seven categories measured are:

Adjusted Points (20 percent) -- Total Points Scored or Allowed minus Points on Returns and Safeties.

Turnovers (20 percent).

Red Zone Efficiency (20 percent) -- Measured by Percent of Possible Points (figured by taking the number of Red Zone Chances times 7, then dividing it by the number of Points Actually Scored (defined as TDs times 7 plus FGs times 3).

Yards Per Play -- Divided into Yards Per Rush (10 percent of total) and Yards Per Pass Play (10 percent of total). Yards Per Pass Play includes yards on plays involving sacks.

First Down Achievement -- Divided into Total First Downs (10 percent of total) and 3rd Down Conversion Percentage (10 percent of total).

Nuthin' in there about SOS.

Please, can we have a discussion without resorting to what is essentially the same as an eight-year old saying "Oh yeah? Prove it!"

Yeah, lets just all throw out some BS like its the truth. I'll start: The Seahawks are going to lose because the Seahawks are 0-1 this year when playing the Redskins. Oh wait, thats actually true. I can post the link if you dont believe me.

At the risk of being called a "troll" for talking about football (unless the definition of troll is someone who has a different opinion than yours) I can't understand for the life of me why you guys keep bringing up the strength of schedule argument. It's lame for anyone in the NFC East to bring up and you guys don't even realize it.

Ok, you are a troll.

Over the course of the season, including the game against us, slightly more than half of our games have been played against common opponents. We've played the same people.

Well, except you guys add the 9ers an extra time, the Titans, the Colts 2nd stringers, Arizona an extra time, and the Texans.

Ok one more.

But here you are at the end of the season trying to forget that game existed

Well, theres one game i can think of that Seahawks fans are trying to forget existed......heres a hint: 10/2/05.

Well what you BELIEVE is true is WRONG.
Yep, I was wrong, as I clearly said I could be. I have absolutely no problem admitting I made an error.
Yeah, lets just all throw out some BS [referring to my understanding of Aikman's ratings] like its the truth.
Nice straw man. If you weren't so anxious to jump down my throat you'd notice there was some uncertainty in my first reference to Aikman ("I believe...") and in my second post I clearly stated I might be wrong. No where was I presenting it as a fact etched in stone. Relax a bit... it might do wonders for your blood pressure.

I propose that we use Football Outsiders as a reference for the relative strengths of the teams. They do take strength of opponent into their consideration.

Its time to preach some truth around here for all you seahawks trolls!!! I dont want to hear anymore about how you are gonna pound us. Take a look see at the schedule we have endured to make the playoffs this year!! 4th hardest in the NFL. Now lets take a gander at those all mighty seahawks shall we.

Let me begin by saying the seahawks had the easiest strength of schedule in the entire nfl you can check that stat at nfl.com and while you are over there checking that out also look at the rank of the run defenses they have played. That kinda makes alexandria the great well not look so great!

Now lets take a look see at the seahawks playoff past. Well im sure you all know what that is. Maybe take a look at your superbowl trophy case .....oopsy goose egg there too huh.

So please keep on giving us no credit but numbers do not lie

Mark Brunell 3050 yds 23tds 10ints

matt hasselback 3459 24 9

that is a push

portis 1516 yds 11tds

alexander 1880 yds 27tds

slight advantage seahawks

engram 778yds 3tds

moss 1483yds 9tds

advantage skins

skins defense 9th in the nfl

seahawks 17th

advantage skins

coaching staff well thats a no brainer!

advantage skins

SO THIS GAME WILL COME DOWN TO THE WIRE HOWEVER THE REDSKINS WILL EMERGE VICTORIOUS AND ONCE AGIAN SILENCE ALL THE DOUBTERS AND NEY SAYERS!!!!!!

Man, talk about selective!!! You compare a receiver (Engram) who was hurt half the year and not even the #1 receiver when healthy (D-Jak) to your number one (and only) guy? Impressive! Why not point out that OUR RESERVE 3rd string receiver (Jurivicious) had more TD's (10) that Moss (9) and only started 11 games as opposed to 16 for Moss? (ADVANTAGE: HAWKS)

Of course, you also failed to point out (because it invalidates your entire post) that the Hawks are the #1 offense in the NFC, while the Red-Shins are #5. (ADVANTAGE: HAWKS)

Want to talk scoring? Once again, you happened to "miss" the stat that shows the Seahaws as the #1 scoring team in THE ENTIRE NFL at 28.2 PPG, while the Red-Shins are way down at #13 with 22.4 PPG. (ADVANTAGE: HAWKS)

How about defense? While I'll be the first to acknowledge that the Red-Shins have a decent 'D', Seattle was #2 against the rush, giving up only 94.4 YPG and a measly 3.6 yard average. Washington was ranked 7th, giving up 105.4 and a 4.1 yard average. They also led the ENTIRE league in sacks with 50 (which certainly doesn't bode well for the aging and injured Mark Brunell), while the Red-Shins are so far down the list I didn't want to count that far (definately botton half though). (ADVANTAGE: HAWKS)

Hmmm...how about home record versus road record, shall we? While we all know that the Hawks were absolutely stellar at home (8-0), the Red-Shins were a paltry 4-4 on the road. In the immortal words of the ultimate idiot, Deion Sanders, "This is OUR HOUSE!" (ADVANTAGE: HAWKS)

Of course, Washington has President Bush...we don't (ADVANTAGE: HAWKS)

And, the most important stat of all:

Washington: 10-6...Seattle: 13-3 (ADVANTAGE: HAWKS)

Have a nice offseason, don't let the game Saturday ruin your entire weekend.

Happy New Year!!

:cheers:

HawkMan

GO HAWKS!!

Man, talk about selective!!! You compare a receiver (Engram) who was hurt half the year and not even the #1 receiver when healthy (D-Jak) to your number one (and only) guy? Impressive! Why not point out that OUR RESERVE 3rd string receiver (Jurivicious) had more TD's (10) that Moss (9) and only started 11 games as opposed to 16 for Moss? (ADVANTAGE: HAWKS)

Of course, you also failed to point out (because it invalidates your entire post) that the Hawks are the #1 offense in the NFC, while the Red-Shins are #5. (ADVANTAGE: HAWKS)

Want to talk scoring? Once again, you happened to "miss" the stat that shows the Seahaws as the #1 scoring team in THE ENTIRE NFL at 28.2 PPG, while the Red-Shins are way down at #13 with 22.4 PPG. (ADVANTAGE: HAWKS)

How about defense? While I'll be the first to acknowledge that the Red-Shins have a decent 'D', Seattle was #2 against the rush, giving up only 94.4 YPG and a measly 3.6 yard average. Washington was ranked 7th, giving up 105.4 and a 4.1 yard average. They also led the ENTIRE league in sacks with 50 (which certainly doesn't bode well for the aging and injured Mark Brunell), while the Red-Shins are so far down the list I didn't want to count that far (definately botton half though). (ADVANTAGE: HAWKS)

Hmmm...how about home record versus road record, shall we? While we all know that the Hawks were absolutely stellar at home (8-0), the Red-Shins were a paltry 4-4 on the road. In the immortal words of the ultimate idiot, Deion Sanders, "This is OUR HOUSE!" (ADVANTAGE: HAWKS)

Of course, Washington has President Bush...we don't (ADVANTAGE: HAWKS)

And, the most important stat of all:

Washington: 10-6...Seattle: 13-3 (ADVANTAGE: HAWKS)

Have a nice offseason, don't let the game Saturday ruin your entire weekend.

Happy New Year!!

HawkMan

GO HAWKS!!

I can't wait till the skins ***** slap the Hawks and it's pitiful fanbase...then you'll run back to your native seahawk board and cry about bad calls and what not, and never appear on extremeskins again

I can't wait till the skins ***** slap the Hawks and it's pitiful fanbase...then you'll run back to your native seahawk board and cry about bad calls and what not, and never appear on extremeskins again

Is that the best reply you've got? Good one! No one ever accused you of being quick-witted, huh?

Happy New Year!!

HawkMan

GO HAWKS!!

Daklu-

Are these Aikman rankings based on the last four weeks of the regular season? If so, wouldn't one be remiss to leave out the following?

Seattle's last 4 opponents- San Fran (4-12), Tenn (4-12), Indy (14-2), GB (4-12)

combined w/l record- 26-38, combined winning percentage- .406

Washington's last 4 opponents- Arz (5-11), Dallas (9-7), NYG (11-5), Philly (6-10)

combined w/l record- 31-33, combined winning percentage- .484

I know, it's another strength of schedule argument. An argument that could include the fact that even the mediocre sum of the Seahawks schedule over the last four games is artificially pumped-up by including the Colts record.

Include the fact that Indy had everything wrapped up and did not start Manning and could care less in that game!!!!

Except that strength of victory spoils his point.

Also let me point out that if strenth of schedule and strength of victory were meaningless, then why would they be used as tie breakers? They can decide the fate of teams vying for a playoff spot. They have to carry some weight, even if they don't lend themselves to defend a team who has cruised through the season on a weak schedule.

Speaking of "smack", Giants fan, what have you contributed to discussions except to criticize the posts made by our members? Shouldn't you be looking ahead to the draft or something? You sure aren't contributing to any dicussions from what I've seen of your posts.

Actually, strength of schedule is not considered in any tiebreaker. Strength of victory is. The primary reason that the Redskins strength of victory is higher is because of the repeated games the Seahawks played against the NFC West as opposed to the repeated games against the NFC East that the Redskins have played. If you sit back and actually look at the teams the Redskins have beaten (and lost to), they're just not that impressive. And ironically, the OT win against the Seahawks helps the Redskins SOV significantly.

It always cracks me up with Skins fans how when it's convenient, they want to dig into the numbers but when it's not, we're supposed to look at abstract concepts. You guys can dissect your SOV any way you want but you guys haven't beaten anybody. Just a bunch of hot wind about the schedule to make you feel like you've got a chance this weekend.

Ok, you are a troll.

Well, except you guys add the 9ers an extra time, the Titans, the Colts 2nd stringers, Arizona an extra time, and the Texans.

Ok one more.

Well, theres one game i can think of that Seahawks fans are trying to forget existed......heres a hint: 10/2/05.

Since you were selective on what to respond to, we'll assume that you couldn't punch a hole in anything else. Thanks for making my point.

I saw let the ****y boys have their say...

We went through this with the Tampa Bay fans last week. (where are they now? heheh...)

And next week, we'll have 7 days of Chicago fans running their mouth.

It's just the nature of the beast.

I'm certainly not going to waste my time at our opponents message boards.

Archived