Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ok Im Tired Of All These Cocky Seahawks Fans On Our Board!!!!!

paredskinsfan

Its time to preach some truth around here for all you seahawks trolls!!! I dont want to hear anymore about how you are gonna pound us. Take a look see at the schedule we have endured to make the playoffs this year!! 4th hardest in the NFL. Now lets take a gander at those all mighty seahawks shall we.

Let me begin by saying the seahawks had the easiest strength of schedule in the entire nfl you can check that stat at nfl.com and while you are over there checking that out also look at the rank of the run defenses they have played. That kinda makes alexandria the great well not look so great!

Now lets take a look see at the seahawks playoff past. Well im sure you all know what that is. Maybe take a look at your superbowl trophy case .....oopsy goose egg there too huh.

So please keep on giving us no credit but numbers do not lie

Mark Brunell 3050 yds 23tds 10ints

matt hasselback 3459 24 9

that is a push

portis 1516 yds 11tds

alexander 1880 yds 27tds

slight advantage seahawks

engram 778yds 3tds

moss 1483yds 9tds

advantage skins

skins defense 9th in the nfl

seahawks 17th

advantage skins

coaching staff well thats a no brainer!

advantage skins

SO THIS GAME WILL COME DOWN TO THE WIRE HOWEVER THE REDSKINS WILL EMERGE VICTORIOUS AND ONCE AGIAN SILENCE ALL THE DOUBTERS AND NEY SAYERS!!!!!!

I don't consider myself a troll as I try to have reasonable discussions instead of just posting to provoke people, and I'm certainly not ****y regarding the Seahawks, but I suppose I'll take a swing at some of these...

Its time to preach some truth around here...
Preaching truth? Well, there's some truth there certainly, but it appears to be selective truth.
Mark Brunell 3050 yds 23tds 10ints

matt hasselback 3459 24 9

that is a push

Hass - 7.7 yards per attempt, 65.5% comp, 98.2 rating

Brunell - 6.7 yards per attempt, 57.7% comp, 85.9 rating

Advantage Hawks

engram 778yds 3tds

moss 1483yds 9tds

advantage skins

Top 4 WR for each team

Seahawks - 188 catches, 2354 yards, 18 td

Redskins - 191 catches, 2668 yards, 16 td

In aggregate I'll call it even, but I like the Hawks depth better.

skins defense 9th in the nfl

seahawks 17th

advantage skins

9th in the NFL by which measure? Total yards allowed? That metric is garbage as far as ranking a team. Aikman's rating are better and have the Skins D and Hawks D tied at #6.

Aikman does, however, mention the following:

"In the last four weeks [of the regular season], it is the Redskins (94.0) who have the best defense in the NFL and their offense has a solid 85.7 rating, good for 7th in the NFL in that four-week span. That's a 4-Week Aikman combined rating of 179.7, second-best in the NFC in that span."

Wow... second in the NFC over the past four weeks. That's really impressive and the Skins are peaking at the right time. Who's #1 over the past four weeks?

"The Seahawks have actually played at a high level as well the last four weeks with a 180.2 4-Week combined..."

:D Should be a barn-burner.

"In the last four weeks [of the regular season], it is the Redskins (94.0) who have the best defense in the NFL and their offense has a solid 85.7 rating, good for 7th in the NFL in that four-week span. That's a 4-Week Aikman combined rating of 179.7, second-best in the NFC in that span."

Wow... second in the NFC over the past four weeks. That's really impressive and the Skins are peaking at the right time. Who's #1 over the past four weeks?

"The Seahawks have actually played at a high level as well the last four weeks with a 180.2 4-Week combined..."

:D Should be a barn-burner.

Does that rating take in account the garbage teams that Seattle played over that span?

says the jackalope who has such a small piece of life that he trolls a board of a team he doesnt like, regardless of who is playing that week.

Pathetic existence, man

Waaaaa, Pittman's a bad guy too, waaaaaa.

Seattle fans are mean...waaaaaa

How many posts do you have?

Does the Pot thinketh the Kettle a different shade of Black?

Daklu-

Are these Aikman rankings based on the last four weeks of the regular season? If so, wouldn't one be remiss to leave out the following?

Seattle's last 4 opponents- San Fran (4-12), Tenn (4-12), Indy (14-2), GB (4-12)

combined w/l record- 26-38, combined winning percentage- .406

Washington's last 4 opponents- Arz (5-11), Dallas (9-7), NYG (11-5), Philly (6-10)

combined w/l record- 31-33, combined winning percentage- .484

I know, it's another strength of schedule argument. An argument that could include the fact that even the mediocre sum of the Seahawks schedule over the last four games is artificially pumped-up by including the Colts record.

I really dont know why they think they are going to kill us when we match up very well and not to mention we got Gibbs. The only reason I can think of is that hawks are home and they are 8-0 but we have a 6 game winning streak. It looks like to me it will be a close hard fought game that will be decided by turnovers and running the ball.

It's funny to me because people have been talking garbage all year and they keep on getting shut down. Where are the Dallas, Philly,and most of the NYG fans....waiting for next year. Part of the fun of having a successful team is talking it up. Compared to the three teams I just mentioned the Seattle fans have been fairly regular. It doesn't matter though they will be shut down just like the rest.

:logo:

Actually the best statistic is who has the most points at the end of the game. Every other stat doesn't count for diddly.

Amen to that. I also believe this game will come down to the team who wants it more. I believe the redskins want it more. I also feel like their team is being a little ****y/overconfident. I did not expect to see that. Our team has responded well to our oponnents overconfidence. I am very pumped about our defense, and I bet after the first quarter that seed of doubt will be firmly embedded into quest field.

At the risk of being called a "troll" for talking about football (unless the definition of troll is someone who has a different opinion than yours) I can't understand for the life of me why you guys keep bringing up the strength of schedule argument. It's lame for anyone in the NFC East to bring up and you guys don't even realize it.

Over the course of the season, including the game against us, slightly more than half of our games have been played against common opponents. We've played the same people. Thrown in their amongst them, you guys got a couple that were decent and so did we. We beat all of the bad teams and the only "good" teams we lost to were the Jaguars (soundly) and you guys (barely). While you guys beat the Bears in Kyle Orton's debut (barely), you lost to the lowly Raiders... at home. Have you guys really convinced yourself that you've had some hard road?

If you look at strength of schedule (as in the immovable thing that the NFL sets before the season), we certainly had the weaker one. But when you talk about strength of victory (as in who you actually beat), even the casual observer can see that the two teams are pretty even. It's as if you guys are trying to get some special credit just for hard teams being on your schedule, even when you lost. On any given Sunday, a weaker team can beat a better team if the right circumstances come together. The Raider game should have taught you guys that. But here you are at the end of the season trying to forget that game existed and extoll how another team had it easier than you. All a good team can do to prove themselves against a weaker team is win. The Seahawks did that. Your point on the schedule would have made sense if they had lost to some of those crummy teams. In most cases, they beat them soundly but in all cases, they beat them.

Amen to that. I also believe this game will come down to the team who wants it more. I believe the redskins want it more. I also feel like their team is being a little ****y/overconfident. I did not expect to see that. Our team has responded well to our oponnents overconfidence. I am very pumped about our defense, and I bet after the first quarter that seed of doubt will be firmly embedded into quest field.
Why do you feel like the Seahawks are being over confident? The fans maybe but the team? Hmmm...

Archived