Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lenny on the Tampa TD catch

SkinzFan007

George (Philly) : Is there a double standard in the NFL. Sheppard?s non Touchdown was a touchdown in my book. He had both feet down with the ball, but since the ball comes out at the end its no touchdown. But a running back or quarterback can just put its hand over the endzone line it?s a touchdown.

Len Pasquarelli: (12:51 PM ET ) lots of questions about this one . . . fair or nor, the rule is different in the end zone . . . and the bucs have no gripe, since they got the benefit of the same call in their christmas eve win over atlanta . . . in that game, the falcons' roddy white had possession even longer than did shepherd on saturday, but lost the ball, and it was called incomplete

Thanks Lenny!!

George (Philly) :

Len Pasquarelli: (12:51 PM ET ) lots of questions about this one . . . fair or nor, the rule is different in the end zone . . .

How is the rule different in the end zone? A pass catch anywhere on the field is not good if the receiver doesn't maintain control of the ball when he hits the ground. What am I missing here?

This at least was a good responsible answer. His review of the game was also pretty fair. Give him his ups when he deserves it. He's written years of vile personality assassinations so I realize he's got a long way to go before he's regains trust. Still, the man spoke reasonably in this quote.

mattyk72, NY: Hey Len, how did Marcus Washington not make the Pro Bowl? The guy just makes big plays week after week. I think he's one of the best LB's in the game. Your thoughts?

SportsNation Len Pasquarelli: (12:14 PM ET ) couldn't agree more . . .for what it's worth, he made the espn.com all-pro team last week . . . his tackle numbers weren't quite as good as last year, but the guy had a terrific all-around season . . .and he certainly had a great game saturday as well . . .

Nick (charleston): Sean Taylor plays with great intensity which makes him such a great player, but after the latest spitting incodent everyone will be watching him closer. Will he play with the same intensity or tone it down some?

SportsNation Len Pasquarelli: (12:09 PM ET ) we'd all be naive to think the league won't be watching taylor a lot closer after saturday's incident . . . and just as naive to think he'll allow it to affect his play . . . he's a heck of a player, huge hitter, and only knows one speed

mattyk72, NY: Hey Len, how did Marcus Washington not make the Pro Bowl? The guy just makes big plays week after week. I think he's one of the best LB's in the game. Your thoughts?

SportsNation Len Pasquarelli: (12:14 PM ET ) couldn't agree more . . .for what it's worth, he made the espn.com all-pro team last week . . . his tackle numbers weren't quite as good as last year, but the guy had a terrific all-around season . . .and he certainly had a great game saturday as well . . .

Art, you sure the story didn't end with you murdering Lenny P and replacing him with a reprogrammed Tickle-Me-Elmo?

This at least was a good responsible answer. His review of the game was also pretty fair. Give him his ups when he deserves it. He's written years of vile personality assassinations so I realize he's got a long way to go before he's regains trust. Still, the man spoke reasonably in this quote.

Exactly, we should reward him and lay off a bit when he does well. Perhaps we can salvage his career. :)

How is the rule different in the end zone? A pass catch anywhere on the field is not good if the receiver doesn't maintain control of the ball when he hits the ground. What am I missing here?

Yeah, that's what these people don't understand. It should be common sense. A running QB/RB has ALREADY secured control of the football.

I was actually browsing the Bucs message boards yesterday and a bunch of them were whining about that play. Then a mod came on and "stop whining" because they got a break on the 2 pointer in the first game. It basically shut everyone up. Good to see.

My understanding here is that Lenny is wrong here. It doesn't matter where you are on the field.

The rule says: "A forward pass is complete when a receiver clearly possesses the pass and touches the ground with both feet inbounds while in possession of the ball."

The debate is around what "clearly possesses the pass" means. If the ball starts to come out, the refs determine that you didn't have possession, no matter where you are.

Archived