Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We bring the AGGRESSIVE gameplan, we WIN, we bring the CONSERVATIVE gameplan, we LOSE

smartestmaninamerica

Hi Everyone,

Here it is in a nutshell. We bring the aggressive, drive 'em into the ground gameplan we had against the Cowboys and Giants, we win. We bring the conservative, play it safe, gut, gut, pass, punt, protect the lead gameplan we saw against the Bucs and during our "snatch-defeat-from-the-jaws-of-victory" run, we lose.

The Seahawks cannot beat our A game. We can only beat ourselves, not with poor play, but with an inferior gameplan.

As far as teams actually "beating us" this year, we are 16-1, so far. As far as us also "beating ourselves", we are 11-6 now.

C'mon Joe, BRING IT this weekend! I don't care if we are up by 14, let's go up by 21. Let's humiliate them at home and make them feel bad about themselves the entire off-season wonder what went wrong. No more Mr. Nice Offense.

BRING IT! :owned:

Yes sir, I agree with that post 100% :cheers: I think the media and the so call experts is making a whole lot out of the lack of offense in the game against The Bucs what they fail to realize is that we had the lead and our offense really didn't have to do much because the game was pretty much in control at that point. But this team can score when they have to they have shown it over the course of the year.

I think Joe has been secretly grinding his teeth all week. Mad at how his guys did and angry at his players being so rudely treated. I believe that Gibbs in rematches and games in which he is underestimated usually shines. I wouldn't disregard Joe.

We bring the aggressive, drive 'em into the ground gameplan we had against the Cowboys and Giants, we win. We bring the conservative, play it safe, gut, gut, pass, punt, protect the lead gameplan we saw against the Bucs and during our "snatch-defeat-from-the-jaws-of-victory" run, we lose.

Hey Mr. Cynical - I don't care WHAT game plan we bring into Seattle (Conservative, Aggressive, Liberal - I don't care) we WIN!

Stop this losing talk because it AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN. We don't have the 9th ranked D and 13th ranked O without having EARNED THEM!

I'm gonna flip out if we see run run pass all throughout the game.

Ur not the only one Major Tom. Agaianst the Bucs we tried some aggressive things early, the Portis Pass, etc. They didn't work (just barely) so we crawled in a shell and held on for dear life.

Hey, our defense did well, but we can't expect them to score 14 points for us in the first quarter again Saturday.

Well if the defense comes out like it did in the Bucs game and can get some turnovers against a team with too much rest it could be another one of those games.

If the defense comes out? IF???

What's going on here? Who are all these doubters? I can ASSURE you our 9th ranked D shows up!

I love how the Seahawk fans come in and think the game is a forgone conclusion. The Seahawks have done nothing this year that would make an opponent want to lie down and forfeit. Good team, yes. Powerhouse. We'll find out. Trembling... nope. Afterall, we already beat them once.

Oops... think I read Simplehawk too quickly. Saw Hawk in his name and thought he was a Seahawks fan.

Hey, our defense did well, but we can't expect them to score 14 points for us in the first quarter again Sunday.

We held Seattle to 17 in our last game - give them the two missed field goals and another 3 for home field advantage - so maybe Seattle scores 26 on Saturday. That won't be enough for our high octane Skin O!

I think Gibbs is the smartest man in America...but you definitely come in a close second. I couldn't agree with your post more and I think Mr Gibbs will bring it. This is NOT the Bucs and their stifling Defense...there is no need to play it safe...we will be more agressive Offensively on Saturday. We have no choice if we want to keep up with the 'Hawks high octane Offense

I think Joe has been secretly grinding his teeth all week. Mad at how his guys did and angry at his players being so rudely treated. I believe that Gibbs in rematches and games in which he is underestimated usually shines. I wouldn't disregard Joe.

Agreed. JG runs this offense and he was publicly humiliated on Saturday. In his post game interview, he looked relieved, not happy.

Hey Mr. Cynical - I don't care WHAT game plan we bring into Seattle (Conservative, Aggressive, Liberal - I don't care) we WIN!

Stop this losing talk because it AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN. We don't have the 9th ranked D and 13th ranked O without having EARNED THEM!

lol, ur kidding right? Losing talk? So we are just gonna win cause we are the Redskins no matter how HORRIBLE our offensive gameplan is?

Hey it's nice to be a fan, but open ur eyes.

No one can beat our agressive A game, NO ONE.

I would like to see them take more shots down the field that lil dink and dunk stuff is not going to work I think we are going to have to challange those corners of theirs. Santana has already said he hopes to see them play single coverage on him like they did in the first meeting.

I would like to see them take more shots down the field that lil dink and dunk stuff is not going to work I think we are going to have to challange those corners of theirs. Santana has already said he hopes to see them play single coverage on him like they did in the first meeting.

Well, they are the ultimate West Coast Offense. They live off that little dink and dunk stuff across the middle. That is why their QB is so highly rated. Very high % passing scheme.

We need to shut that middle down. Keep the hands high (we've been doing that) on the pass rush and spy the middle (especially on third and long). Finally, if they do catch it across the middle, make em pay with devastating hits. That's where ST comes in.

Here is great play for that. Third and long, fake the blitz down the middle then drop into short coverage. They try the slant and its a pick.

Well, they are the ultimate West Coast Offense. They live off that little dink and dunk stuff across the middle. That is why their QB is so highly rated. Very high % passing scheme.

We need to shut that middle down. Keep the hands high (we've been doing that) on the pass rush and spy the middle (especially on third and long). Finally, if they do catch it across the middle, make em pay with devastating hits. That's where ST comes in.

Here is great play for that. Third and long, fake the blitz down the middle then drop into short coverage. They try the slant and its a pick.

Sounds good to me :cheers: I do think the defense is going to need an effort like they gave against the Bucs however have to be very careful with the blitzes I think we have to pick and choose when to blitz.

lol, ur kidding right? Losing talk? So we are just gonna win cause we are the Redskins no matter how HORRIBLE our offensive gameplan is?

Do you think the '85 Bears fans were talking about what game they had to bring to win the Super Bowl over the Pats? Of the '86 Giants over the Broncos?

We are a DOMINANT team and it doesn't matter what game plan Gibbs brings. If its a conservative game plan we win 10-7. If its an aggressive game plan we win 31-24.

It doesn't MATTER! Our #9 D was EARNED. The Seattle #2 O was NOT Earned (unless you think 2 games each against the 49's, Rams, Cardinals is earning something).

Philly just had a bad day on Monday night. The Colts weren't trying. The got REAL lucky against the Cowboys and the Giants.

We win NO MATTER what!

Plus, Gibbs isn't going to listen to me no matter how much I say on this BB.

people, people, people, please ...

your letting the media get to you with all this nonsense about a bad offense, and conservative game plan ...

Let Joe do his thing, he is 17-5 in playoffs, he knows what he is doing. There is so much we don't know behind the scenes, but there is one thing we all know to be an infallable truth ....

Joe wants to win, more than me or you and he will install whatever plan he thinks is the best way to do that.

Here's one thing I didn't get last weekend. Tampa has OBVIOUS blitz comin. Do we audible a play or even call one in advance to beat the blitz with a fake block and dump off to Cooley? No, never. We KNOW the blitz is comin and we have Moss running deep post patterns.

Make em PAY for blitzing and they will stop blitzing.

Damn dude.

Why don't you go and see if you can get on the coaching staff? :laugh:

smartestmaninamerica lives up to his name here.

Seattle has the 25th ranked Pass Defense, but is much better at run defense. You need to hit other teams where they are vulnerable, and for Seattle that means at the passing game. Seattle has an elite offense; our defense will try to limit them as much as they can but we are going to need to put up some points here to match them.

It isn't even really that conservative doing the whole run,run,pass,punt routine. If the enemy knows what you are going to do, it is easier to design plays to counter them. And if you are in a lot of 3rd and long situations where you are forced to pass, that is a situation where you will often see turnovers occur.

Agreed. JG runs this offense and he was publicly humiliated on Saturday. In his post game interview, he looked relieved, not happy.

He looks relieved, not happy, after every win. It's just his psychological drive: fear of failure.

Take it from a Ph.D. in applied psych. Academic citations avialable for punishment gluttons.

Archived