Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We bring the AGGRESSIVE gameplan, we WIN, we bring the CONSERVATIVE gameplan, we LOSE

smartestmaninamerica

Honestly, the Redskins Offense definitely have to mix it up on each certain down and be very unpredictable, varying their playcalling patterns at all times. At the same time, they have to be balanced as well. Of course, if the Redskins offense keep calling the same plays on each certain down, then they wind up being too predictable and opposing team defenses will benefit from that. In going against the Seahawks, the Redskins Offense definitely have to be off to a good start, fresh off the get-go. They have to be on fire and execute all their plays, thus avoiding more three and outs.

They have to be less predictable. If I'm defending the redskins, it's real easy. Run Blitz on first and second down, always roll the safety to Moss's side. Shadow Cooley. Never, ever, blitz on 3rd and longer than 5 because the Redskins are always max protecting and only sending two guys out (Moss and Cooley) both to the left side of the field where Brunell will roll, either by design or under the slightest amount of pressure. I would always have my DE speed rush outside cause Brunell will back pedal right into it while trying to roll to his left.

The redskins need to get out of this pattern. Line up five wides every once in a while. Run some slants. Use the middle of the field. Make teams blitz and use that against them. Brunell needs to step up into the pocket and stop retreating. We cannot continue to max protect on every passing play because teams are not blitzing us and we have two guys trying to get open against seven guys.

In other words, keep them guessing. We usually don't do that. We defininately wont with a lead.

Can't remember where I read it because I was working and reading redskins news at the same time, but I read that Seattle gives up 2.2 yards per carry on the right side of the defense and something like 6 yards per carry on the left. So I want to see runs to that weak defensive side to set up play action. I believe That Portis and Betts are going to play a big part this week and Cooley will wake up from this funk too. The defense shows up big again too.

Redskins: 27

Seattle: 23

They have to be less predictable. If I'm defending the redskins, it's real easy. Run Blitz on first and second down, always roll the safety to Moss's side. Shadow Cooley. Never, ever, blitz on 3rd and longer than 5 because the Redskins are always max protecting and only sending two guys out (Moss and Cooley) both to the left side of the field where Brunell will roll, either by design or under the slightest amount of pressure. I would always have my DE speed rush outside cause Brunell will back pedal right into it while trying to roll to his left.

The redskins need to get out of this pattern. Line up five wides every once in a while. Run some slants. Use the middle of the field. Make teams blitz and use that against them. Brunell needs to step up into the pocket and stop retreating. We cannot continue to max protect on every passing play because teams are not blitzing us and we have two guys trying to get open against seven guys.

In other words, keep them guessing. We usually don't do that. We defininately wont with a lead.

good post agreed

Archived