Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rosenhaus given permission to seek trade for Owens

Westbrook36

PM me when Taylor calls his quarterback gay, says his team has no heart, calls out his QB in the superbowl for getting tired, and basically saying that the QB of his team is holding him back. Thanks.

Sean Taylor may have troubles, but no, it is not negatively impacting the team right now. His teammates love him. TO's teammates? Oh yeah, a former one got in a fight with him.

Tr, I think I hear you suggesting that Gibbs is indeed immune to the temptations of talented players with troubled backgrounds. If that is the case, do you then believe that he regrets drafting Sean Taylor, even after he has proven to be one of the three best safeties in football? I certainly don't agree with that, I can't imagine you would agree with it, either.

Taylor had no history of attitude or problems before he was signed with the Skins...period.

Your part about Gibbs bringing in players with 'speckled pasts' is wrong.

Did Gibbs have players that turned out to have problems? Yes.

Did he keep some of them around? Yes.

But he never brought anyone in with a problem. He passed on Randy Moss this year, for instance.

Look at the players during JG's first tour of duty. :laugh:

By the way, I think ST is worse then TO. A chronic face spitter is about as low as a man can get.

Don't make me defend horrible personal behavior...I won't. I have my issues with ST.

But, ST wouldn't bring the team down, and unlike Andy, JG wouldn't tolerate it as long as Andy did.

Just the facts.

Taylor had no history of attitude or problems before he was signed with the Skins...period.

Your part about Gibbs bringing in players with 'speckled pasts' is wrong.

Did Gibbs have players that turned out to have problems? Yes.

Did he keep some of them around? Yes.

But he never brought anyone in with a problem. He passed on Randy Moss this year, for instance.

Fair enough.

Though I would be surprised to hear that Sean Taylor's issues came completely out of nowhere based on the frequency with which they've appeared since he came into the league.

Look at the players during JG's first tour of duty. :laugh:

By the way, I think ST is worse then TO. A chronic face spitter is about as low as a man can get.

JJG gets a reputation for this straight laced guy, but he always liked characters.

As for you prefering TO over Sean Taylor, all I can say is wow.

Farging wow. The guy destroyed the chemistry of a team coming off a Super Bowl loss, with 22 starters returning.

Not saying he was the only reason they sucked, that would be too much of a scapegoat, but he didn't help at all. Not at all.

No, I do believe that. Spitting in another man's face is the mark of a coward and the lowest thing someone can do in my opinion.

http://www.theamericanmind.com/mt-test/archives/cat_sports.html

Micheal Pittman, running back for the Super Bowl Champions rammed his Hummer into a car carrying his wife, son, and baby sitter. This is his fourth arrest for assaulting his wife.

~~~

You've got some messed up values my friend.

JJG gets a reputation for this straight laced guy, but he always liked characters.

As for you prefering TO over Sean Taylor, all I can say is wow.

Farging wow. The guy destroyed the chemistry of a team coming off a Super Bowl loss, with 22 starters returning.

Not saying he was the only reason they sucked, that would be too much of a scapegoat, but he didn't help at all. Not at all.

I don't think I was clear. I don't prefer TO over ST.....I think ST did something worse then TO while knowing that TO's antics were much more destructive then ST's.

Sorta how Ray Lewis attempted to cover up when his friends killed that guy but his teammates didn't seem to care on the way to the Superbowl.

http://www.theamericanmind.com/mt-test/archives/cat_sports.html

Micheal Pittman, running back for the Super Bowl Champions rammed his Hummer into a car carrying his wife, son, and baby sitter. This is his fourth arrest for assaulting his wife.

~~~

You've got some messed up values my friend.

Die Hard, come on man. Are you really going to stretch my hyperbole to every situation someone can do? Do you really believe I thought spitting in a man's face is worse than arson, rape, torture, and murder?

Ok, so I'm very clear, spitting in another man's face is the worst thing someone can do on the field of play...unless he kills, rapes, or tortures someone. :laugh:

Ok, so I'm very clear, spitting in another man's face is the worst thing someone can do on the field of play...unless he kills, rapes, or tortures someone. :laugh:

Personally, I believe punching a teammate in the face and breaking his skull (ie. Romanowski) was the worst thing I've heard of.

I'm not condoning spitting at all. It's bush-league and I'm ashamed of it. But Taylor's problems stem from opponents... and has individual repercussions. Owens has torn 2 different franchises apart.

So, are we talking about Owens vs Taylor as "men"? Or football players?

If Washington had lost that game in Tampa last week, Redskin fans would be calling for the head of Sean Taylor. The only reason we are all so quick to forgive or defend him is because we won. I watch Sean run his mouth and challenege opponents by getting right up in their grill after EVERY play he's involved in (and some that he's not.)

However, we've all seen players like Andre "Dirty" Waters, Bill Romanowski, Jack Tatum, etc. have very successful careers in the NFL. Every fan in the league hated those players except the fans of the teams they played for.

Haven't any of you ever heard RBs talk about how defensive players try to bite off their fingers, gouge out their eye, or grab/punch their groin at the bottom of a pile? Believe me, friends- alot worse than spitting goes on in every single NFL game.

Redskin fans are naturally going to "forgive" Taylor just as fans of the Eagles used to overlook Waters' foul tactics.

Also- when did Michael Pittman become such a sympathetic character? (SHEESH.)

Archived