Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rosenhaus given permission to seek trade for Owens

Westbrook36

A report on daily news live where Brookover says that the Eagles are in talks with teams about a trade for Owens.

The report says several teams have shown interest in Owens and would like to trade for him to avoid having to pay him a signing bonus if he became a free agent.

Im not sure what they would get for him but I guess it would be better then getting nothing.

They sited an "NFL source". Apparently it will be in the Inquirer tomorrow.

Yea he's gonna go somewhere happily with no new contract. Thats what started all the stuff with the eagles. If I was another team I would not trade for him unless I knew he was happy coming there and then maybe not.

Exactly.

Any team inheriting Owens is going to have to renegotiate his contract. Teams might still be interested.... but the basis of that article is completely false.

My hope is the Eagles cultivate a relationship with a team that drafts higher than them that wants Owens. The Jets maybe. Eagles want to get in the top five to take DaBrick or Mario Williams. Eagles give an "ok" offer and throws in TO to sweeten the deal at the last minute because the other team doesn't want to get in a bidding war when TO hits the market.

Tampa Bay considers taking chance on Owens

BY DAVID WHITLEY

The Orlando Sentinel

ORLANDO, Fla. - It is with great regret we must exhume the initials most of you are sick of. Owning up to my responsibility, I blame the Tampa Bay Bucs.

They reportedly are interested in signing Terrell Owens. Before we go any further, I apologize for breaking a vow to never mention his name again.

That came with the provision that it might be unavoidable under certain circumstances. Like if he ran for president or landed with a team near you. Since the only social program T.O is interested in is massive aid to himself, it must be the latter.

ESPN reports Tampa Bay is hot for T.O. That was painfully predictable, as is what will follow.

Wherever he goes, Owens will say he's learned his lesson and will be a good soldier. Drew Rosenhaus will then elbow his way to the microphone and refuse to answer any questions. There will be a public outcry, and commentators will scream the team is crazy, morally bankrupt or both.

I'd like to do that, but what's the point? It doesn't matter what you, me or Pat Robertson says. The Bucs are going to do what they think is in their best interests.

So go ahead and assume Jon Gruden is already designing plays for T.O. The Cardinal Rule in sports is if a guy can produce, some team will give him a job. Gruden is Father Flanagan with a visor.

Sometimes it works. Michael Pittman has been a model citizen since he got out of jail. But you get the feeling the Bucs would have signed Uday and Qusay Hussein if they could have run like Ronde and Tiki Barber.

Chris Simms has already endorsed bringing in Owens, saying there's enough team leadership to keep him from going T.O. Simms apparently hasn't spoken to Donovan McNabb recently, much less read arbitrator Richard Bloch's 38-page ruling.

When Bloch upheld Owens' suspension, he cited "unparalleled detrimental conduct." The Bucs knows T.O. has enough baggage to fill a cargo ship. Gruden also knows what it's like to have an egomaniacal wide receiver in the locker room.

He ran off Keyshawn Johnson two years ago. But Gruden never believed Me-Shawn was all that good.

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/football/13585952.htm?template=contentModules/printstory.jsp

I can't see it happening.

To is owed 7.5 million in two roster bonuses in march. Teams are going to wait until that deadline passes, then go after Owens. Why give up even a 7th rounder when you know he'll be released?

Plus, did we hear all this last year, when TO coimplained he never had the chance to test the free agent waters? Who wants a possibly disgruntled TO?

This sounds like a formality only.

Ah, let the other teams in the league destroy themselves with TO. Gibbs and Company are too smart for that mess.

This coming from the screen name "Taylor 36."

Thank god Gibbs and the Skins only take on high character players, like the gun wielding Romanowski you covet so dearly. Everyteam has low character players, there's no need to act like the Skins are somehow exempt.

No one will trade for TO. He'll be cut on March 1 and end up in either Dallas or Tampa. He'll be on best behavior for one year, until he slowly erupts in year 2, yet again.

Thank god Gibbs and the Skins only take on high character players, like the gun wielding Romanowski you covet so dearly. Everyteam has low character players, there's no need to act like the Skins are somehow exempt.

No one will trade for TO. He'll be cut on March 1 and end up in either Dallas or Tampa. He'll be on best behavior for one year, until he slowly erupts in year 2, yet again.

That post is laughable, and you know it.

Taylor36's comments were concerning the effect on the team. Don't believe me? Go back and read it. I know you're an Eagles fan but you should be able to read. :)

Or are you here to argue that Sean Taylor has the same effect on the team that TO does? The same Sean Taylor who anyone on that defense would take a bullet for, including the coaching staff? Is that what you're trying to say?

Either way... doesn't look good for you. 1. You can't read or 2. You're wong.

Which is it?

Comparing Sean Taylor to TO is rediculous.

I haven't heard one player or coach say anything about Taylor being disruptive, just the opposite in fact.

Comparing Taylor to Steroid Romo sits to pee is completely baseless. Almost flaming.

I'm not saying Sean Taylor's transgressions have had a negative effect on the Skins the way TO's have on the Eagles.

Nowhere in my post did I even insinuate such. I said only that every team has low character palyers. Clearly, Sean Taylor is a low character player. I agree that he hasn't had a negative impact on the team, and in that way, he is nothing like TO at all.

But to say that Gibbs is too smart to bring in TO, to me, suggests more than the fact that TO is a cancerous presence that wouldn't be welcomed in DC. I read that post as suggesting that Joe Gibbs is above bringing in guys with speckled pasts or question mark attitudes. I read it as another example of the arrogance and the "holier than thou" attitude I generally hear regarding Joe Gibbs.

28/32 coaches in the league are too smart to bring TO into their locker room at this point. Perhaps I overread the original poster's point, but I believed that he was suggesting that not only was Gibbs to smart to sign TO, but also that he was too smart to bring in anyone with character flaws. Perhaps I overextended his argument a little. You got me zoony, I can't read.

The Romanowski allusion was in reference to spitting in JJ Stoke's face, not his steroid troubles.

But to say that Gibbs is too smart to bring in TO, to me, suggests more than the fact that TO is a cancerous presence that wouldn't be welcomed in DC. I read that post as suggesting that Joe Gibbs is above bringing in guys with speckled pasts or question mark attitudes. I read it as another example of the arrogance and the "holier than thou" attitude I generally hear regarding Joe Gibbs.

What guy has Gibbs brought in with a 'speckled past?' Name one. Taylor didn't have a past before he was drafted.

Get your facts straight.

What guy has Gibbs brought in with a 'speckled past?' Name one. Taylor didn't have a past before he was drafted.

Get your facts straight.

What about a "question mark attitude?"

If Taylor's attitude wasn't a question mark before he was drafted, than he certainly became one pretty quickly with all the post draft nonsense with his agent and contract.

Tr, I think I hear you suggesting that Gibbs is indeed immune to the temptations of talented players with troubled backgrounds. If that is the case, do you then believe that he regrets drafting Sean Taylor, even after he has proven to be one of the three best safeties in football? I certainly don't agree with that, I can't imagine you would agree with it, either.

For the record, let me say that as a fan I really don't care what players do off the field as long as they produce on it, and if I were a coach I would feel the same way. TO is kind of in a world of his own, I think.

A report on daily news live where Brookover says that the Eagles are in talks with teams about a trade for Owens.

The report says several teams have shown interest in Owens and would like to trade for him to avoid having to pay him a signing bonus if he became a free agent.

Im not sure what they would get for him but I guess it would be better then getting nothing.

They sited an "NFL source". Apparently it will be in the Inquirer tomorrow.

Im not sure what they would want with him actually. A coach with good control over a championship team couldnt stop him from ruining it, I dont know who could, or would want to try.

Look at the players during JG's first tour of duty. :laugh:

By the way, I think ST is worse then TO. A chronic face spitter is about as low as a man can get.

TO is unprecedented in his ability to destroy a team.

ST may be a low life, but his problems havn't begun hurting the team, not yet at least.

Of course, had Sheppard caught that deep pass-- a deep pass that Taylor would have been responsible for if he were on the field instead of the locker room, mind you-- then I think we could say that Taylor's problems had hurt the team.

Archived