Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Would you play Ramsey over Brunell?

jauburn

NO.

Brunell - hurt, looks like 04, throws A LOT of balls to the stands. But WE ARE WINNING.

Ramsey - would get sacked more, wouldn't even get ONE good scramble when needed, would try to force balls into bad spots = more interceptions.

Brunell only had two really bad passes this week (int and the one that skipped off the ground) that I can think of. He'll be fine....Defense wins Championships!

Not sure how anyone can call for the guy's head that got us to this point in the season. That being said, should he falter the way he did last week, and we are actually losing, I think it's obvious Gibbs would have to consider it. However, you don't go around benching your starting QB in the 2nd round of the playoffs unless ABSOLUTELY necessary.

How many INTs has Brunell thrown that came back to hurt the Skins? To me that's the crucial difference btw both QBs. And the most positive thing is Ramsey is learning to throw the ball away when the play is dead (as he demonstrated against the Eagles). This is even more important now that we know our defense can win games. Nothing worse than the defense attempting to win the game and the offense giving it away. Brunell may not be able to make all the throws Ramsey can, but Brunell can scramble and he knows when to throw the ball away. Two keys things in the playoffs.

Guest sith lord
Not sure how anyone can call for the guy's head that got us to this point in the season. That being said, should he falter the way he did last week, and we are actually losing, I think it's obvious Gibbs would have to consider it. However, you don't go around benching your starting QB in the 2nd round of the playoffs unless ABSOLUTELY necessary.

I don't think anybody's calling for Brunell's head. I'm just wondering is he really healthy because that bounced incompletion in Moss' direction didn't look like a healthy pass.

I cant wait until Ramsey is traded. This is yet another idiotic poll. Yeah sure everyone wants to play Ramsey who has never played in a big game his whole life, cant run his way out of a paper bag, all because he can throw a football farther than Brunell.:rolleyes: Give me a break. Simeon Rice would have had 8 sacks if Ramsey played.

Mark me as another maybe. I respect Mark a whole lot. He has impressed me with his about to tough it out. His last two efforts were inspiring, but hardly inspired. I'd probably start Brunell, but have a pretty quick hook ready if he physically just can't do it. Lord knows, Brunell will never pull himself or even admit to himself that he is hurt.

What we know is that Brunell's "legs" are incredibly important to his game, and I don't mean because they allow him to run. They also allow him to pass as he should.

His knee has clearly hindered his performance.

Ramsey is fresh.

If Brunell comes out and lays an egg and doesn't move the ball I'd yank him the same way Ramsey got yanked the first game. The loyalty to him is absurd. I'm sorry, but if he's hurt and still plays the way he has been then he does not need to be on the field.

If we're behind and he's NOT moving the ball (again), yank him and put in Ramsey. He might throw a pick, but at least he gives us a shot at moving the ball downfield.

I voted maybe. You've got to take the health of your QB into account. Look how Brunell played last season when he was injured. With PR you will probably have to overcome some mistakes, but it would also be a huge surprise for the opposing team. My primary concern though would be that PR has had little to no playing time this season and then step into a playoff game. Obviously Gibbs has made the decision for us.

I voted maybe as well. Ever since the he got hurt in the Giants game, Brunell hasn't been the same. I was concerned when I saw Brunell throw to Moss and the ball bounced before it even got to Santana. I'm just hoping that Brunell gets better as the week goes on.

Ramsey is mistake prone. The one thing that separates Brunell from Ramsey is their level of play. Ramsey is good. Brunell is great. There is a difference. That's why one is the starter while the other is not.

....and when Brunell is hurt, he's about as good as Tony Banks.

Archived