Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Would you play Ramsey over Brunell?

jauburn

My thought on it is this. Brunell lead this team to 10-6. Brunell was our quarterback in our win over the Bucs. If Brunnell says he can play and the coaches think he can play then he plays. this is the team that got us where we are, this is the team you play win or lose. We would have to be the dumbest team in the world to replace our starting quarterback in the playoffs unless he is hurt badly. I say this is our team win or lose this is our team.

PATRICK RAMSEY IS NOT THE BETTER QUARTERBACK PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....and when Brunell is hurt, he's about as good as Tony Banks.

That's any QB. Brunell wasn't hurt. People are overseeing that the Bucs have a tremendous defensive squad. When a defense are able to do the things the Bucs D does, offensively you take what that defense gives you. To hell what Howie Long, Terry Bradshaw, or the dudes at ESPN says. When a top defense goes against a top offense, defense always wins. But they won't tell you that. They'll tell you it's Brunell fault and the o line not blocking which is BS.

I said "maybe" in the poll. I'd definitely start Brunell because he has taken the team this far and when healthy is a better option than Ramsey because of his experience. But if struggles and plays like he has the past 2 weeks, I'd give him the hook and insert Ramsey. The short skipped pass to an open Moss also concerned me....he is obviously not healthy and it is affecting his accuracy. A healthy Ramsey is a better option if Brunell's injury affects him like this again.

Well you all know how I feel. I think we should go with Ramsey. As I said before Brunell is hurt. Doesnt mean im not gonna be pulling for Brunell if he start. I am a Skins fan. It piss me off how other members come on here and put other people down for starting threads that they think are stupid. We all suppose to be fans. If you think its stupid why dont you keep your mouth shut and not post in it.

That's any QB. Brunell wasn't hurt. People are overseeing that the Bucs have a tremendous defensive squad. When a defense are able to do the things the Bucs D does, offensively you take what that defense gives you. To hell what Howie Long, Terry Bradshaw, or the dudes at ESPN says. When a top defense goes against a top offense, defense always wins. But they won't tell you that. They'll tell you it's Brunell fault and the o line not blocking which is BS.

So the bucs D made him skip one off of the turf to a wide open moss?

I would start Brunnell, but if he looks like he did the last two weeks by the half, and especially if we are losing, I would consider giving Ramsey a shot.

I don't think Brunnell is as bad off as he has looked the last couple weeks, but I could be wrong. If he is just too banged up, you have to go with Patrick, it's simply the best decision for the team.

My thought on it is this. Brunell lead this team to 10-6. Brunell was our quarterback in our win over the Bucs. If Brunnell says he can play and the coaches think he can play then he plays. this is the team that got us where we are, this is the team you play win or lose. We would have to be the dumbest team in the world to replace our starting quarterback in the playoffs unless he is hurt badly. I say this is our team win or lose this is our team.

PATRICK RAMSEY IS NOT THE BETTER QUARTERBACK PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The state of a team is always in flux. This is NOT the same team that got us where we are. The team that did that had a healthy Mark Brunell, Thomas on the O-line, Portis able to pound people and open things up for Moss.

Mark will say hes not hurt, and play regardless of the pain hes feeling, because hes tough and doesnt like to complain or make excuses. Admirable trait but NOT when it comes at the expense of the team. Our offense takes a big hit when he's not 100% as was clearly illustrated in 04. I can see he's playing hurt, and I dont like it one bit. I would swap them until hes 100% again.

It piss me off how other members come on here and put other people down for starting threads that they think are stupid. We all suppose to be fans. If you think its stupid why dont you keep your mouth shut and not post in it.

Amen.

I wouldn't start Ramsey but if Brunell starts playing the way he did against Philly and TB I would make a change.

How long do you give him?

The trouble with this approach is that usually by the time you are certain the starter is going to flop, he's hurt the team so badly that there's no realistic way to turn the thing around.

How long do you give him?

The trouble with this approach is that usually by the time you are certain the starter is going to flop, he's hurt the team so badly that there's no realistic way to turn the thing around.

Well, it only took 9 games for him to get the hook last year, so I figure he has another 8 games. :doh:

Ramsey - would get sacked more, wouldn't even get ONE good scramble when needed, would try to force balls into bad spots = more interceptions.

I dunno, the last two times Ramsey took the field, he has looked fine to me. Apart from the initial problems vs. the Giants where getting everyone to the correct side of the field, he has been completing passes, not taking sacks, and threw a beautiful TD pass to Moss.....

I cant wait until Ramsey is traded. This is yet another idiotic poll. Yeah sure everyone wants to play Ramsey who has never played in a big game his whole life, cant run his way out of a paper bag, all because he can throw a football farther than Brunell.:rolleyes: Give me a break. Simeon Rice would have had 8 sacks if Ramsey played.

LOL, do you think that would be the end of it? That would just open up two cans of worms.

1. Should we have traded Ramsey?

2. Brunell -vs- Campbell?

If we should happen to lose on Saturday I give it a minimum of two days before there is a "We should never have gotten rid of Marty" thread and a "Joe needs to step down and let Gregg Williams coach this team" thread. Both will be started by someone 24 or younger.

I dunno, the last two times Ramsey took the field, he has looked fine to me. Apart from the initial problems vs. the Giants where getting everyone to the correct side of the field, he has been completing passes, not taking sacks, and threw a beautiful TD pass to Moss.....

Actually, if I remember correctly, that throw to Moss was high. Moss had to stop his route and jump to catch the pass. Had the DB been any good, he would have been in position to make a hit just as Moss caught the ball in the air for an incomplete pass or quick tackle.

I don't blame Ramsey as he was coming in cold off the bench. But that TD pass was mostly the work of Moss, not Ramsey.

I voted maybe. If we are down by 15pts or more, you give Ramsey a shot by 4th Quarter if Brunell isnt producing squat. Otherwise keep Brunell in because he knows how to win. On an added note, keep Ramsey around another year!! I still believe he is the future of the team! :2cents:

:seahawksu

I'm no great fan of Ramsey, but his passes look like they're missiles compared to Brunell's.

He has a GUN! The only game he played all season was against one of the league's toughest Ds. I think he's learned a lot from Brunell. I bet he's a better QB than we think. If you remember, Doug Williams didn't start untill Jay S. got hurt the yr the Skins won SB22 and he turned out to be the better QB.

Archived