Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Would you play Ramsey over Brunell?

jauburn

....and when Brunell is hurt, he's about as good as Tony Banks.

The thing that bothers me most about evaluting Brunell is his and Gibbs manner of leaving his physical condition shrouded in a verbal fog. If it's just the old strategy to not allowing opposing teams DC's to know where we're at QB-wise fine, but I'm left trying to analyze things like how much of a game like Tampa is Mark being hurt (would I think he had to be), or just off (wow, that would be pretty off), or just an awesome day for Tampa #1 D (a big part of it either way from what I saw).

Art was there, has a sharp and experienced evaluative eye from what I've read over the last couple years, and a viable processing center between his auditory receptors. He said it was largely brunell. I don't go much by what the people say who have obviously and hugely skewed biases, though I usually understand them. for me, i'm hoping brunell starts and has a much better game period, nut I'll go with Joe, and if Gibbs feels like switching to ramsey at any time, i'll be hoping its the Pat we saw take over the Giants game. that would be exiting :cheers:

He has a GUN! The only game he played all season was against one of the league's toughest Ds. I think he's learned a lot from Brunell. I bet he's a better QB than we think. If you remember, Doug Williams didn't start untill Jay S. got hurt the yr the Skins won SB22 and he turned out to be the better QB.

I bet he is, too. And I wonder what Jason Campbell looks like?

while we're at it: the whole offensive line *ucked last Sat. Clinton couldn't get anything going. I say we bench em all and bring in the second teamers. they'll have fresher legs and an ability to get downfield faster!

yea...that's the ticket. I love this thread!

You know you're on a strict "having fun" regime this week, right? :laugh:

I'd definately play brunell. But if he's too hurt to be productive then we HAVE to make a quarterback change. if both players are healthy, then there is no question: Mark Brunell. But if Brunell can't throw the ball then we need to make a change.

I think Brunell's stats from last week are decieving. I think our whole offense's stats are decieving. We got really conservative because our defense had spotted us 14 points and we were just calling bread and butter plays. Our mentality was: our defense is playing outstanding, let's let them carry us. It worked.

At least I hope that's what happened. We need some offense this weekend.

Over 1/3 voted yes or maybe. :doh:
Dude, I answered to quickly and misread the question. I thought it was yes I would start Brunell over Ramsey. :doh:

Did anyone catch Brunell's comment after the game,

"...I'd like to nominate myself for offensive player of the game...(laughs)"

I was :rotflmao: What a great line. Sign of a leader

Chalk this effort up to ultra conservative with a 14 point lead on the road.

Next week against seattle I think will be a lot different.

:2cents:

I voted maybe...

Maybe if:

- Brunell is dead on Saturday

- Brunell's legs fall of on the way to the game

- it would shut up idiots that post threads like this one - play him for a play

- if we were in last place and we hadn't won 6 games in a row and were in the second round of the playoffs

- Maybe if you promise to take your head out of your butt

DB44...I like your attitude!

we got what we got. no one has raised the notion, surprisingly, that maybe....just maybe...there are multiple values in play here. for instance, loyalty by Gibbs to the QB who brought the team to this point. while I believe we need a changing of the guard next season - Brunell earned the start. As long as he can walk and wants to play - it shouldn't even be an issue.

No I would not start Ramsey over Brunell. I would however trade Campbell, Portis, Arrington, Moss, Ramsey, two pit bulls, a 88 buick LeSabre, 6 yankeee candles, a cup of joe gibbs urine and a pair of size 44 levis for a high draft pick so we could bring in Vince Young.

:doh:

I wouldn't start Ramsey but if Brunell starts playing the way he did against Philly and TB I would make a change. At least with Ramsey I'd know he was 100% healthy and in possession of a competitive arm.

Point taken, however a competitive arm attached to Ramsey's head doesn't bode well for us.

If Mark skips one or two into the turf short of a receiver, I consider those 2 less int's Ramsey may have thrown at critical points in the game.

I'd roll the dice with a 75% Brunell over Ramsey any day. This is a silly argument.

In my opinion, we cannot win a Super Bowl with Brunell. Ever. Not to say that we could do it with Ramsey, but there is no question a better chance.

Dude, let's be honest here. You and those like you are the same folks who said, and I quote........"There is no way we make the playoffs with Brunell, EVER".

How can you say "no question"? Explain to me how Ramsey would be better so that it leaves not one single question as to it's believability.

On second thought.......we've seen enough ATTEMPTS to do that already in this thread, and in countless others. None have accomplished their goal, and here were are in the 2nd round of the playoffs with Brunell under center.

I say to all those trying to make the Ramsey argument, don't go away mad, just go away.

Brunell should and will get the start. However, I've noticed that his performance has been very shaky at best, ever since he hurt that knee three weeks ago. If he continued to struggle, say for the first 20 minutes in Seattle, I wouldn't hestitate to pull the plug and give Ramsey a shot.

It also appears that Brunell has lost confidence in his ability to spread the ball around lately, but hopefully things are not actually what they appear. He's got to get away from locking onto Moss, but it didn't help either, when Jacob's was merely jogging on that play that he got intercepted.

Again, we are in the second round of the playoffs on a 6-game win streak. You don't just replace your starting quarterback (who has actually had a very solid season) like it is nothing. The only way Ramsey plays is if Brunell is physically unable to go.

And no, Brunell is not hurt. Remember, against the Eagles, many of his passes sailed on him because he wasn't planting firmly. The ball to Moss was just a poor throw. It likely just came out of his hand funny or he released it too late, resulting in a very low line drive throw. I just don't think he got into a rhythm against the Bucs. He threw away about 5 or 6 of his 15 passes. I just don't think he played as poorly as the stats showed. The offense just went into a play not to lose mode after we got out to a big lead.

Archived