Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hey, out of town Redskins fans; Have you noticed all of the people walking around...

flexxskins

in Redskins paraphernalia now?

I posted the fact that I moved here to Jersey from Maryland about 9 years ago in another thread. I also mentioned the fact that I have never seen so many people walking around this area wearing Redskins paraphanalia than I have lately. Usually, this area is a ocean of green jerseys, bumper stickers and banners. But lately, I have been seeing more and more closet Redskins fans that were either too scared living so close to Philly and their crazy fans or they were just riding the Eagles wave, walking around now proudly with their dusty ass Redskins jerseys on. :)

Have any of you other out of towners seen any of this where you live?

I stated in another post about the same thing.I have seen several people with(what looks like,one still had a tag)hats,a jersey and several jackets.I like it but where were they when the team was 5-6??I have been wearing my Riggins,Jurgenson and Johnson jerseys for years.I finally got a new Riggins jersey in august,thank god for e-bay...lol.Im just waiting for next week to see if there are any more

Guest MIKE T

Flexxskin,i Live In Chester,pa. Just 15 Miles From Downtown Philly.i Wear My Redskins Gear Year Round. Been A Skins Fan For 34 Yrs,worked In Philly,

Now Work At Phl/amc(post Office).with Eagle Fans,one Thing They Will Tell Anybody,is That Mike=t Is A Skins Fan,all The Time.

Living in Jersey as well, I have seen a lot of redskins gear. Eventhough I love to see people support "my team" it gets under my skin when they look at me like I am a bandwagoner! When you can ask anyone in my town that I am one of the biggest Redskin fans around here regardless of wins and losses! I was always, outside of the months of September and December, ragged on and laughed at for wearing Redskins gear during the "depression years." Now I can do the laughing and ragging.

I stated in another post about the same thing.I have seen several people with(what looks like,one still had a tag)hats,a jersey and several jackets.I like it but where were they when the team was 5-6??I have been wearing my Riggins,Jurgenson and Johnson jerseys for years.I finally got a new Riggins jersey in august,thank god for e-bay...lol.Im just waiting for next week to see if there are any more
Maybe it's a Jersey thing riggins. :)

Flexxskin,i Live In Chester,pa. Just 15 Miles From Downtown Philly.i Wear My Redskins Gear Year Round. Been A Skins Fan For 34 Yrs,worked In Philly,

Now Work At Phl/amc(post Office).with Eagle Fans,one Thing They Will Tell Anybody,is That Mike=t Is A Skins Fan,all The Time.

Thats wild man, I work in Chester.

Couple of weeks ago I stopped off at BK for lunch and while waiting in line,noticed a guy wearing a Skins jacket that looked like it had been buried in the closet.

As usual,when I see anyone wearing Skins paraphanailia, I said "Nice jacket.." His reply??

"You mean you still pull for them?" In my mind it was like.."what the hell does STILL mean??"

Then he said "I used to be a Skins fan until we got the Panthers here. My interest picked back up when Gibbs came back and they started showing signs of life.."

I just smiled and said "That's nice..." and left. My buddy that was with me said "Damn, the look on your face, I thought you where gonna rip that jacket off of him.." :laugh: Wish I had...;)

Damn bandwagoners........

Only "problem" I have wearing Skins colors is that here in Gainesville, there seem to be a lot of folks who think they're obligated to talk trash to Seminoles, but can't recognize one.

haha!!! i admit...i confuse those 2 sometimes too....ahh...i remember seeing a seminole and was so upset just looking at him b/c i'm a miami fan...and then i realize it's a redskins jacket :doh: i've also thought that a redskins fan was a seminole too....i need help.. :laugh:

I've had a chrome plated Redskin chiefs head on the back of each of my last 3 cars. Recently people have been asking me at traffic lights where to get one & tell them if you'd always been a skin fan you'd know by now!

Sorry guys...I'm not trying to recruit bandwagon fans, only dedicated.

If they can't tell me what the phrase "Heavy Jumbo!" means...I know they are fake, or have not been a Redskin Fan for long.

I drive a burgundy & gold Expedition & I live in Texas!

Archived