Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brunell simply can not make all the throws

BrunellSuperbowl

Okay, this rag on Brunell crap is ridiculous. The Skins scored over 100 points in their last 3 games with Brunell as QB. Let's indentify the problem and that was a very good Tampa defense. Though Tampa's D is not actually #1 (that title belongs to the Bears) they are a very good unit and were very effective shutting down our O yesterday. Brunell is not hurt and putting Ramsey in is simply not a smart thing to do. Brunell gives the team their chance to win, and this is coming from someone who was a big Ramsey supporter earlier in the season.

Guest GibbSkins11
when you hear Gibbs talk , the only praise of Brunell is his mobility and smarts.

Well mobility is gone because the injury

When he praises Ramsey he says he can make all the throws

Do you guys notice Brunell can not simply drop back and throw a 20 yard out pattern.

This is why Jacobs , Ferris and the other guys are not getting balls. All Brunells completions he is rolling out to his target, half the feild is shut off

BRUNELL IS A BEAST , HE GOT THAT BIG FIRST DOWN WITH HIS LEGS AND HE CAN STILL MAKE ALL THE THROWS , BUT ITS HARD TO THROW DEEP IF THEY ARE TAKING IT AWAY,AND WE JUST WENT VS THE #1 DEFENSE IN THE NFL , HE DIDNT PLAY THAT BAD BUT DO YOU WANT HIM TO THROW INTS OR DO YOU WANT HIM TO PLAY SMART , THAT INT HE HAD WAS A GOOD PASS

Gibbs keeps Brunell in because he feels he won't make dumb mistakes. That's the bottom line.

So what was up with that interception to set up the Bucs late in the 4th. There is no way he should have thrown that pass running to the sideline and throwing across his body. :(

STOP B#TCHING EVERYONE!! This is flat out funny, a guy named brunellsuperbowl is hating on his namesake who is currently in the second round of the playoffs and on a six game win streak!!!

Dont you think that maybe we played uber conservatively last night because we had the lead and didnt want to make mistakes and stupid turn overs. Brunells passes looked much better than they did in philly. There was some zip on them, when he was hurt last year the ball was thrown weak. I really believe that this offensive showing was just coach gibbs sitting on a 2 touch down lead.

Will you stop the criticizing already. We just won a playoff game and all you can do is complain. Every game, I see Brunell make a first down on a scramble. Now I will say that we haven't used much of the field like earlier in the season but that goes to show you that the David Patten injury hurts.....

BS,

Here's a few things for you to ponder:

1. Brunell will start against the Seahawks.

2. Ramsey will not start against the Seahawks.

3. There is nothing you can do or say that will change that.

4. We just won a playoff game. Try to enjoy it.

5. We get your point. You have become like a broken record on this topic.

Brunell just had a bad game the offense never got into rhythm. I can not believe people on this board is actually questioning brunells play making ability. If brunell can't make plays please explain the big year moss is having. Face it brunell is just as much a factor of us being here as portis is.

Who woulda thunk it that a 20 year-old poster on an internet message board knows more about football than hall-of-fame coach Joe Gibbs? Wow. We're in the presence here of genius, genius!

Actually, I would think Joe Gibbs agrees with everyone who thinks Brunell doesn't have what he had earlier in the year. Or do you think Gibbs is so ultra conservative because he wants to be? He was more agressive earlier in the year when Brunell was playing well, and now that Brunell is playing poorly Gibbs has resorted to calling a more conservative game. Coincidence? I think not.

I dont see what the difference id between Ramsey, Simms, and Eli. Except Eli and Simms will be at home watching football next week. I can only imagine what the level of tension is in a playoff game (espicially your first) vs a regular season game.

In my humble Opinion, I want playoff experience in there. My vote goes to Brunell. And in Gibbs I trust.

i was too young but did Gibbs not bench Jay Shraider, for Doug Williams even after Jay led them to the super bowl because Jay was playing like Brunell?

Last game of the season skins trailed by 10 in the 4rth quarter and Joe put williams in Jay did not lead us to the superbowl

Guest GibbSkins11
brunelll reminds me of last season. He does not look good.

trust me its a different brunell :applause: :helmet: :applause: check the stats:cheers:

Archived