Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brunell simply can not make all the throws

BrunellSuperbowl

when you hear Gibbs talk , the only praise of Brunell is his mobility and smarts.

Well mobility is gone because the injury

When he praises Ramsey he says he can make all the throws

Do you guys notice Brunell can not simply drop back and throw a 20 yard out pattern.

This is why Jacobs , Ferris and the other guys are not getting balls. All Brunells completions he is rolling out to his target, half the feild is shut off

Mark's not well. He's playing on guts. The question is how much of his performance this week is due to the Bucs D? I think he actually looked a little sharper than against the Eagle's. Hopefully, with a full week and not having been hit much this week he'll recover a bit more. Otherwise, we may need to rely on Ramsey.

Gibbs keeps Brunell in because he wins.

Brunell does not win, he is the qb on a winning team

just because dilfer won does not mean he wins? He was not winning in clevland

If the Skins want to the super bowl, Ramsey is going to have to play. Teams know who we are passing to because Brunell always rolls out to side he is throwing too.

The one time he tried to roll out and throw across feild the throw was a joke

Brunell is either rolling to Cooley or Moss side. Teams are sending like 3 men to whatever side he is rolling too

There is a reason Patten and Moss were both involved in the passing game in pre season under Ramsey. And first half of week 1. And now Brunell can not use two wide outs

brunell super bowl...

what is your point? Even if you are correct (that "Brunell simply cannot make all the throws"), what on earth do you propose we do about it?

Do you think J.Gibbs should make a QB change? Now? For better or worse, Brunell is our QB for the duration of the postseason. I personally am much more confident having him in there than i would be with Ramsey, but the point is moot. Making a change now would be pretty crazy.

brunell super bowl...

what is your point? Even if you are correct (that "Brunell simply cannot make all the throws"), what on earth do you propose we do about it?

Do you think J.Gibbs should make a QB change? Now? For better or worse, Brunell is our QB for the duration of the postseason. I personally am much more confident having him in there than i would be with Ramsey, but the point is moot. Making a change now would be pretty crazy.

i was too young but did Gibbs not bench Jay Shraider, for Doug Williams even after Jay led them to the super bowl because Jay was playing like Brunell?

Brunell does not win, he is the qb on a winning team

just because dilfer won does not mean he wins? He was not winning in clevland

If the Skins want to the super bowl, Ramsey is going to have to play. Teams know who we are passing to because Brunell always rolls out to side he is throwing too.

The one time he tried to roll out and throw across feild the throw was a joke

Brunell is either rolling to Cooley or Moss side. Teams are sending like 3 men to whatever side he is rolling too

There is a reason Patten and Moss were both involved in the passing game in pre season under Ramsey. And first half of week 1. And now Brunell can not use two wide outs

Save it dude. You cant talk to people who has no common football sense what so ever. We both know Brunell is hurt and its gonna hurt us if hes in there. and thats the BOTTOM LINE.

Brunell is playing exact same as when he got hurt last yr

the offense is looking the exact same

We have seen this, Ramsey was checking down vs the Giants and the offense was going up and down the feild

we have a good defense, lets put a good offense on the feild and win the super bowl in a weak yr in the NFC

Against Seattle next week, we are probably going to have to score more points to win this football game. As good as the defense played yesterday, we can not depend on them providing 2 TD's every game we play.

Brunell simply has to step it up next week. He is going home to the area of the country where he attended college, so hopefully that will serve as a means of inspiration for his performance next saturday.

bs. do you realise how disciplined our offense was yesterday?? if we were the giants then we would have had 20 false starts lol. brunell was playing away from home, against the best defense in the nfl, and with no real running game to fall upon.

41 YRDS , 1 INT in our territory to end the game? 3 motion penalties

are u kidding me? and 1 time where it could have been called a fumble when he was hit

This is upsurd!!! Brunell helped get us here where we are. Brunell is much more experienced than Ramsey. He still has it. We just played one of the best defenses in the league, for Gods sake. Clinton Portis didnt have a great day so do we bench him or the O-line. No ,we keep doing what got us here. We will move much better against Seattle. Maybe some of you forgot about 35-7 over cowboys, 35-20 over giants, 31-20 over eagles!!!

Gibbs keeps Brunell in because he feels he won't make dumb mistakes. That's the bottom line.

Generally, I believe this is correct. However, Brunell did attempt to make an ill-advised throw to Jacobs on a third down that was intercepted and put the Bucs in the position to tie the football game. Fortunately, the defense was able to step up and prevent this occurrence.

Brunell by his own admission, played horribly yesterday. Lets hope he can step it up this Saturday.

This is upsurd!!! Brunell helped get us here where we are. Brunell is much more experienced than Ramsey. He still has it. We just played one of the best defenses in the league, for Gods sake. Clinton Portis didnt have a great day so do we bench him or the O-line. No ,we keep doing what got us here. We will move much better against Seattle. Maybe some of you forgot about 35-7 over cowboys, 35-20 over giants, 31-20 over eagles!!!

Well said! A game at a time. Some of the attitude on here is so predictable. Nobody was screaming for Brunell's head after Dallas, Giants or Eagles.

Perspective.....get some

FB

1 int. 1

Ramsey would of had 3 or 4!!!

Ramsey would have at least had a TD...even if he gave up an int or two, you know our defense was just clicking on all cylinders yesterday and would have gotten the ball back for the O.

How come Ramsey cant finish a regular season game even tho he made a few mistakes while Brunell is constantly allowed to showcase his sub-par skills (41 yards, 1 int, Fumble) and still get to play the next game? And this especially during the playoffs?

Brunell is injured and is showing his age, if he takes us to the superbowl and wins Im the biggest Brunell fan, but I just think we have a better chance of fielding a more dominant Offensive attack with Ramsey in there as opposed to noodle arm.

Ramsey would have at least had a TD...even if he gave up an int or two, you know our defense was just clicking on all cylinders yesterday and would have gotten the ball back for the O.

How come Ramsey cant finish a regular season game even tho he made a few mistakes while Brunell is constantly allowed to showcase his sub-par skills (41 yards, 1 int, Fumble) and still get to play the next game? And this especially during the playoffs?

Brunell is injured and is showing his age, if he takes us to the superbowl and wins Im the biggest Brunell fan, but I just think we have a better chance of fielding a more dominant Offensive attack with Ramsey in there as opposed to noodle arm.

Ramsey makes a top level team. What i saw in the pre season a verticle offense and good d, Right now we are the Ravens of 2000, we may still win, but who knows

people act like Ramsey is a INT machine. Its BS. He went on the road last yr played at Philly and at Pitt and did not throw one INT, he was never given a chance to show off his big arm with a guy like Moss

Ramsey made Coles look good , i know Moss and him would have been a nice combo. Brunell looks like he using all his might to throw 20 yards down the feild

Brunelll simply can not make all the throws. Or can he? Incase you didn't notice, there was pressure on the QB, the o line, and the receivers the whole game. If you really looked at it for what it really was, most of Brunell's passes looked rushed because of the pressure. I remember a play in the 2nd half where Santana was open and Brunell was facing relentless pressure and he short hopped the ball to Santana. That was because of the pressure, not because he couldn't make the throw.

Archived