Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Seahawks fans want Skins as opponent

Gallntfox

Although Carolina is also in that poll, I think the results are more reflective of that game they played against the Giants in Seattle. A lot of Seahawk fans likely realize that was a game they were very, very lucky to win. While we did dominate Seattle for most of the game at FedEx, the Hawks would've won had it not been for Holmgren's knucklehead decision to be content with just settling for a 48-yd FG attempt, instead of at least trying to get his kicker 10 more yards with plenty of time left on the clock (although the INT which set up the attempt was unfortunate as well).

Wow, that's actually a pretty cool looking stadium. However, FED EX, while not as asthetically pleasing, traps noise inside of it. F' the Seahawks, like their long and storied history is something to brag about. :rolleyes:

For the Giants Qwest Field was a heck of a lot louder than Fed Ex field, which is surprising considering how you guys can fit about 91,000 in your stadium and they got about 67,000. Those fans had a very big impact on the game against the Giants.

The Skins beat the Seahawks at Fed Ex in a game Seattle probably should have won. They are a much better team at home as their record has shown and I think that if the Skins were to go into Seattle they would lose by a pretty large amount of points.

I live in the Seattle / Tacoma Area and the really do not respect the Redskins. The past 4 time we have beaten Hawks they have been in disbelief like with the attitude "We actually lost to the Redskins".

AAGO106.jpg

I want to be here next weekend for a Redskins / Seahawks NFC Divisonal Playoff Game!

:kungfu:

I am going to this game, and I think I've talked two friends into going too. Note that most of the upper deck is under cover -- a good thing if it rains. I've already done a little research regarding tailgating near the stadium. I've been in contact with a Seahawks fan who tailgates regularly near the stadium. I'm ready to help with the planning of this after the win this evening.

For the Giants Qwest Field was a heck of a lot louder than Fed Ex field, which is surprising considering how you guys can fit about 91,000 in your stadium and they got about 67,000. Those fans had a very big impact on the game against the Giants.

The Skins beat the Seahawks at Fed Ex in a game Seattle probably should have won. They are a much better team at home as their record has shown and I think that if the Skins were to go into Seattle they would lose by a pretty large amount of points.

The difference between the Redskins now and the Redskins then is like night and day. We'll give them a game.

Although Carolina is also in that poll, I think the results are more reflective of that game they played against the Giants in Seattle. A lot of Seahawk fans likely realize that was a game they were very, very lucky to win. While we did dominate Seattle for most of the game at FedEx, the Hawks would've won had it not been for Holmgren's knucklehead decision to be content with just settling for a 48-yd FG attempt, instead of at least trying to get his kicker 10 more yards with plenty of time left on the clock (although the INT which set up the attempt was unfortunate as well).

The homefield advantage is big for Seattle. That was the loudest stadium we played during the regular season. But the Giants still smacked them around and we did it at their home. IMO they are not a team to be scared of... they are good but nothing crazy. Playing the bears at their home in cold weather could be much more harder.

What IS Holmgren's record against us? I've been looking for it for over an hour now ... can't find it for the life of me. :doh: :mad:

Here's some info about our series history against Seattle:

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=15302618&BRD=1710&PAG=740&dept_id=353124&rfi=6

"SERIES HISTORY Washington holds an 8-4 edge in its all-time regular season series with Seattle, and has won three straight in the series dating back to 2001. The Redskins were 27-20 home winners when the clubs last met, during the 2003 campaign. The Seahawks last defeated Washington in 1998 at home, and their last road victory in the series took place in 1995. Gibbs is 4-0 all-time against the Seahawks, with all of the matchups dating back to his first tenure with the franchise (1981-92). The Seahawks' Mike Holmgren is 0-3 all-time against the Redskins, with all three losses coming since he has been at the helm in Seattle, and will be meeting Gibbs for the first time as a head coach. "

Edit: Forgot to mention that the article was prior to the game this year so you can add one more win to each of those categories :)

I hear the old adage..........

Be careful what you wish for

It seems you guys are doing a fair amount of wishing yourselves. Careful!

Those of you that know me know that I don't talk smack. But I'd caution you against getting as ****y as some of you appear to be (cupcake... yeah! That's us! May Gibbs & Co be convinced of that, too!) Most of you who are honest can compare what you wrote prior to the first game with your observations during the game and admit you were surprised with how well the Seahawks played against you. Lots of you were saying that the Seahawks are a finesse team etc. and that some good ol' fashioned smashmouth football would have them crumbling... and it turned out not to be the case.

I happen to think that the Redskins in Seattle would be a very good game -- but I do think you are underestimating the crowd factor. :2cents:

(edit) In any event, good luck against Tampa!

Archived