Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sen. George Allen of VA rooting against the Redskins?

DarrellGreenFan

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/05/AR2006010502256_2.html

One local heavyweight who actually is headed to Tampa: Sen. George Allen (R-Va.). His father coached the Redskins. And, of course, much of his constituency cheers for the team. But his brother, Bruce Allen, is general manager of tomorrow's opponent, the Buccaneers. George will pull for the Bucs.

Wow. A politician who represents the DC Area has to be pretty stupid to be pulling against the Redskins during an election year.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/05/AR2006010502256_2.html

Wow. A politician who represents the DC Area has to be pretty stupid to be pulling against the Redskins during an election year.

Well, for some people, blood is thicker than water. I respect him for that.

What if you were in his shoes and a brother or sister or other close relative was in the same position. Wouldn't you be rooting for someone in your family to succeed?

What if you were in his shoes and a brother or sister or other close relative was in the same position. Wouldn't you be rooting for someone in your family to succeed?

Unless the brother's job is in danger I don't see why he should be rooting for the Bucs, unless George isn't big Redskins fan.

Unless the brother's job is in danger I don't see why he should be rooting for the Bucs, unless George isn't big Redskins fan.

George Allen is a huge Redskins fan. He was on Comcast Monday Nite Live a fews ago. I don't think he holds any bitterness towards his father getting fired by the Redskins. That was so long ago and under different ownership.

He's just a good family man that is rooting for his brother more so than he is rooting for the Bucs.

As long as he doesn't let nepotism get in the way of governance, then I do not care. Wait a minute, Allen is a scumbag and a terrible Senator, he can go to hell. Obviously Allen puts his family first, because rooting against the team his father coached for is family values at its finest! Blood is thicker than water? Both sides of the issue are blood!

As long as he doesn't let nepotism get in the way of governance, then I do not care. Wait a minute, Allen is a scumbag and a terrible Senator, he can go to hell. Obviously Allen puts his family first, because rooting against the team his father coached for is family values at its finest! Blood is thicker than water? Both sides of the issue are blood!

WTF? Dude, I think you need some help.

I think it's kind of an act of bad faith with his community for his team to be doing it. Elected politicians are public representatives of the area they serve, and they should be supportive of that area's teams. I mean, would you be comfortable if say, the Chancellor of your university pulled for another college's sports team because his relative was a coach?

I wouldn't change my vote over a politican doing something like this, but I think it's kind of in bad taste.

I think it's kind of an act of bad faith with his community for his team to be doing it. Elected politicians are public representatives of the area they serve, and they should be supportive of that area's teams. I mean, would you be comfortable if say, the Chancellor of your university pulled for another college's sports team because his relative was a coach?

I wouldn't change my vote over a politican doing something like this, but I think it's kind of in bad taste.

You do realize that his constituency and the area he serves is Virginia, not Washington D.C. :doh:

You do realize that his constituency and the area he serves is Virginia, not Washington D.C. :doh:

And as the brilliant Nelms knows all too well, there are no Redskin fans in Virginia, this is New England Patriot country :)!!! While only using the infallible tool of anecdotal evidence, Virginia is the biggest Redskin supporting state I have been in. Under Nelms' logic, you can only root for your hometeam, and there is no such thing as national support. Virginians root for Virginia teams, Washingtonians root for Washington teams, nuff said...

First of all, his father was fired by the Redskins. So, his loyalty would lie towards his father if he was going to stick to the "blood is thicker than water" mantra.

Secondly, he is a Redskins fan at heart, but he is going to cheer on his brother. If my brother was coaching or working for another NFL team, I would have to support him when/if his team played the Skins (unless he worked for the Cowboys, then I would disown him :silly: ).

Allen is not a scumbag at all. He has done a great job as a Senator for Virginia. Don't let you politically biased glasses block the view of a truly good guy.

First of all, his father was fired by the Redskins. So, his loyalty would lie towards his father if he was going to stick to the "blood is thicker than water" mantra.

Secondly, he is a Redskins fan at heart, but he is going to cheer on his brother. If my brother was coaching or working for another NFL team, I would have to support him when/if his team played the Skins (unless he worked for the Cowboys, then I would disown him :silly: ).

Allen is not a scumbag at all. He has done a great job as a Senator for Virginia. Don't let you politically biased glasses block the view of a truly good guy.

Why would he root for a team that fired his father if that is where his loyalty lies? If he is going to cheer his brother's team, then why not cheer for his father's team? Isn't he a Redskin fan at heart? Just a little pile of contradictions there ;).

Allen is bad senator and a scumbag. Don't let your politically biased glasses block the view of a truly terrible guy :).

He should be a better politician and play both sides of the aisle. Then come out saying he was rooting for whoever wins all along. Duh, i cant believe I need to explain politics to a Senator. Christ.

Or pull a John Kerry and say "I rooted for the Redskins before I rooted against them." Hey, its probably true.

Im just kidding. I dont think I could root AGAINST my brother. He's in a tough position, he should just keep his mouth shut. But again, he's a pol.

I'm sure he'll be at the game, smiling politely. That's about all he is good for.

The whole man's career was built on the connection to his famous Dad.

Tim Kaine sucks. He will turn out to be the worst governor the state of Virginia has ever seen. Oh yeah, he sucked as a city councilman too.

Why would he root for a team that fired his father if that is where his loyalty lies? If he is going to cheer his brother's team, then why not cheer for his father's team? Isn't he a Redskin fan at heart? Just a little pile of contradictions there ;).

Allen is bad senator and a scumbag. Don't let your politically biased glasses block the view of a truly terrible guy :).

:doh: Mr. KIA - I think someone has finally trumped you on being the board's biggest, leftist extremist. Congratulations, Winslowalrob.

Archived