Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

too much crowing

Burgold

There's just a little too much crowing out there. We haven't done anything yet. We got in the playoffs. That's no big deal. Can't quite call out all the media and the rest of the world yet. It's like Tyer said after the Eagles win. Gibbs wouldn't want a gatorade bath yet. This is where we should be. Let's celebrate when we've done something. Remember, we're not the Eagles or the Cards, we've been to the mountaintop before.

The Bucs are a team to respect. The media for the most part are dopes, but I don't think we can call them out or former players or former coaches until we've done something. Right now, we still have everything to fight for and no reason to feal satisfied or crow yet.

There's just a little too much crowing out there. We haven't done anything yet. We got in the playoffs. That's no big deal. Can't quite call out all the media and the rest of the world yet. It's like Tyer said after the Eagles win. Gibbs wouldn't want a gatorade bath yet. This is where we should be. Let's celebrate when we've done something. Remember, we're not the Eagles or the Cards, we've been to the mountaintop before.

The Bucs are a team to respect. The media for the most part are dopes, but I don't think we can call them out or former players or former coaches until we've done something. Right now, we still have everything to fight for and no reason to feal satisfied or crow yet.

I see your points. But I think it IS a VERY BIG DEAL that we at least made the playoffs, regardless of what happens. This season could be THE spring board to make us an annual contender. Take a look around the league:

The Eagles were a miserable team at the end of the 90's but turned the corner and became an annual representative in the NFC Championship.

The Broncos always fid a way to get to the playoffs.

The Patriots just win Championships.

The Steelers are a regular participant although I have lost track as to how many HOME AFC Championships they have lost.

The Packers WERE a regular contender.

The point I'm trying to make is that I think the playoffs could be an annual thing for us starting with this season. If you look at Gibbs track record the first time around, only once was his team knocked out in their first playoff game...1984 season to the Bears...the other years we won at least 1 playoff game and several time 3.

I know the Patriots, Rams and Ravens all came out of nowhere to win their first Super Bowl Titles...but usually it is a team that has been on the doorstep for a couple years before making the BIG jump...kind of like the Colts. HTTR

There's just a little too much crowing out there. We haven't done anything yet. We got in the playoffs. That's no big deal.

I respectfully disagree. It IS a big deal to the team and fans psyche.

The past five weeks indicates a significant positive change

for our team. You see no room for optimism? I agree that the Bucs should be respected, but some mediots go out of their way to disrespect our chances or minimize the effort it required to get into the playoffs.

I've seen every 'Skins season since the mid 60's and yes, we've been there before. Perhaps you should allow for a little self congratulatory behavior. Remember the word 'fan' is short for fanatic. It all makes perfect sense to me. :2cents:

Screw that. Crow away. The team won 5 straight to get into the playoffs. :cheers:

You know you shouldn't crow? Denver. Shanana hasn't won a playoff game since Elway. Denver can eat my crow.

There's just a little too much crowing out there. We haven't done anything yet. We got in the playoffs. That's no big deal. QUOTE]

Yeah tell the other 20 plus teams that same thing, take a guess at what their response would be ...

it is a big deal, and after 5 wins we should be confident, and after a season where we finished with the number 1 strength of shedule of all playoff teams we should be crowing ... :point2sky

I think pretty much everyone here respects what Gruden has done with the Bucs but, hey, we're fans. After a six year drought, we're back in the playoffs and our team has won five straight. We've earned the right to crow.

What fun is life if you can't crow every now and then?

I strongly disagree with the first post in this thread. To go from 6-10 to 10-6 is a HUGE deal. Especially in Joe Gibbs' 2nd year back. Win or lose on saturday, we can crow right up to kickoff and hold our heads way up high even if we lose.

I'm definitely a "karma" guy who keeps his mouth shut before big games, but to say we haven't done much because we've only "reached" the playoffs is being a bit hard on the team. We won 5 in a row and NOBODY wants to see us take their field in a playoff game right now.

I agree that we shouldn't be "****y" but celebratory chat is definitely appropriate.

Well said.. been saying the same thing for a week.

i dont think we should be too hyped up yet..but i do agree what weve done is a real good accomplishment. im real happy were in the playoffs...but i really really really want to win it all. im torn on the original post, but we do have a right to be happy.

Screw that. Crow away. The team won 5 straight to get into the playoffs. :cheers:

You know you shouldn't crow? Denver. Shanana hasn't won a playoff game since Elway. Denver can eat my crow.

I agree, we should be very excited. Our road to the playoffs was a difficult one and we have a lot to be crowing about.

:point2sky

I agree with the posts about Coles, Smoot and so on.

These guys got what they wanted and that's a nice payday. I am more happy for the players we have and thier toughness to come together as a team and fight together as Redskins.

The way the franchise has been going only Gibbs could bring that type of attitude back.

I am very proud of our players esp. the lunch pail guys like Marshall who nobody said had what it takes.

If we lose to Tampa we will still have a right to be proud of what our players have done.

I guess I'm old school in this. I don't mind spiking the ball after a touchdown, but I don't believe in crazy all out dances and celebrations while the game is still in progress. In my mind, we've just entered the first quarter.

Man you're not old school , I'm old school :laugh: I see your point but, I really do not see anything wrong with the celebration I mean it's harmless I feel the guys should have a little fun NFL stands for the National Football League not The No Fun League see what I'm saying. I do think some of it is out there but with the likes of Chad Johnson and even TO it makes it fun.

I appreciate your sentiment....but.....it's been a long time coming...and....once Joe Gibbs & co defied the "experts" predictions, (4-12.....worse 3-0 team ever....won't make the playoffs...etc.), that we've earned the right to crow a little bit......

Amen brotha, we had a dayum good season to enjoy and plain and simple, we have a better team then the bucs!!!!

I think we deserve to crow a little bit. Remember, for the same reason we, as fans, shouldn't have drank the :koolaid: the media was dishing out last season with the "Gibbs is back the Redksins will be instant contenders!" is the same reason we shouldn't drink the :koolaid: this year with the "Oh, the game has passed Gibbs by", "They will not be .500", "the worst 3-0 team ever".

A couple other things to note:

We haven't been in the playoffs since 1999. That in itself is something to gloat over a little.

We have basically a "second year coach", right? Not bad for a second year! :applause:

And this years playoffs consists of the strongest field ever ( since it was extended to 6 teams per conference ). Total winning % among all playoff teams this year: .718 (138 -54). So just to make that field is pretty damn good in my book! Besides we aren't going to stop now, are we? :applause:

:allhail:

:bucsuck: :point2sky

I guess I'm old school in this. I don't mind spiking the ball after a touchdown, but I don't believe in crazy all out dances and celebrations while the game is still in progress. In my mind, we've just entered the first quarter.

That's cool, and I think that your opinion should be respected.

At the same time, lots of us get up for the game by talking past it. I sent my brother-in-law (Winterhaven, FL, close to Tampa) a package this week with a CD of recent Skins highlights, "Hail to the Redskins" in a few different music formats, and pages and pages of Hail to the Redskins!!! printed on plain white paper. There's also a note telling him that he can use that stuff through the SB, since he likes the Colts, too.

Some of us are more cautious and rational; some of us like to thump the chest a little. As long as it's good natured, I think either method is a great way to get into the game.

Making the playoffs is Hugh. A lot of players have retired without ever taking one snap in the playoffs. I agree about bashing former players. They have to make business decisions best for them. But we definately should be making the mediots who made ridiculously biased predictions eat copius amounts of raw, slimy crow.

The playoffs ARE a big deal and we haven't had a lot to celebrate in several years so some crowing is to be expected. I think it is important to put this into perspective IF Alstott doesn't make it in (and I don't think he did) and we win that game we are 11-5 and the number 2 seed based on division and overall record.

Archived