Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Photo crop for Burgundy on Burgundy uniforms...

Tazhog

Not sure if this was posted...but, the Skins will be wearing their White on Whites...this Saturday in Tampa!!!

-- ALL-WHITE UNIFORMS IN TAMPA

The Redskins are expected to wear their all-white uniforms for the sixth consecutive game this Saturday versus Tampa Bay.

The Buccaneers have informed the league that they will wear their red jerseys for the Wild Card game. Since home teams determine the team jersey colors for games, this means the Redskins can wear white jerseys and white pants.

The Redskins are 5-0 since they started wearing white-on-white uniforms in the Week 13 game at St. Louis.

Joe Gibbs has said players decide which jersey color the team wears for games.

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=14378

For some reason most of Taylor Jacobs' rookie cards from 2003 are Burgundy on Burgundy

Wow! After actually seeing the burgundy on burgundy, it looks great! Very intimidating. No burgundy socks though. The white sox with all burgundy looks sharp. Hope they wear it this saturday. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

:bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck:

I prefer white on white, but if not, burgundy on burgundy would be great.

The reason I prefer the white is because white makes things appear bigger than it actually is. So if Sellers is 270, he might appear to be 290 or 300, which makes it much more intimidating for the opponent. White looks right!!!

Until they lose you got to stay with White on White. :fingersx: But next year (Even more so in the PRE-SEASON) they should switched it almost weekly. Burgundy on Burgundy, White on White, White on Gold, Gold on Burgundy, Burgundy on Gold, White on Burgundy, Burgundy on White, Gold on Gold. :2cents:

I don't know exactly what the league policy is, but I've got a feeling they want teams wearing their regulation uniforms for playoff games.

Besides, all burgundy would look like crap. Who knows, though. We could show up looking like an XFL team.

the rules don't look like they'd be in our favor in white on white unis or B on B. tampa is most likely going to wear their white jerseys, and with pants rules (its very complicated) we can't wear white pants with white jerseys under a few circumstances if they wear certaint uniform combinations...very confusing. i like the XFL thing, i have totaly forgotten about that over the years, i wonder what their doig now?:laugh:

Burgundy + burgundy = college or XFL team.

No team looks good in dark-on-dark. That's just the way it is. Dark-on-dark is usually how unimaginative filmmakers portray fictitious NFL teams in movies. Just looks wrong.

I disagree. I've always felt that dark on dark Uniforms bring about a different attitude. When I played football, I loved wearing dark uniforms even in pop warner leagues. I think the Broncos and Cardinals for instance look sweet in their dark on dark uniforms.

what unniform did gibbs switch from and to in the 80s?

The only uniform variations I can think of in the Gibbs era were the tucked feathers on the '82 helmet logo and the 50th Anniversary patch on the jerseys in 1986. Gibbs went white jersey/burgundy pants at home and some road games and burgundy jersey/white pants at Dallas and a few other road games.

the rules don't look like they'd be in our favor in white on white unis or B on B. tampa is most likely going to wear their white jerseys, and with pants rules (its very complicated) we can't wear white pants with white jerseys under a few circumstances if they wear certaint uniform combinations...very confusing. i like the XFL thing, i have totaly forgotten about that over the years, i wonder what their doig now?:laugh:

We're gonna be wearing the white on white...Tampa is wearing their red jerseys for this game. WHITE ON WHITE...let's make it 6 in a row, baby!!! :cheers:

Archived