Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can we already call this season a success?

Goaldeje

Definately NOT a success!

All points mentioned above are important for acheiving that goal.

However I believe this thinking is too short term.

No my friends, true success for this franchise with its 10-15 yr woes

requires the establishment of a solid core team that can make the playoffs yearly as routine and can win 3-4 Super Bowl in the next 10 years.

What we are talking about is a DYNASTY. Therefore, the answer to the question of this being a successful season or not will be answered in the next several years.

But so far the future looks BRIGHT!

GO SKINS

That's kind of what I was getting at with this thread, you just ennunciated better than I.

At the beginning of the year, I would have been thrilled to think of this season we have had. But now, I find myself refusing to even acknowledge we could lose to TB, b/c of the incredible disappointment.

I think this is again an incredible testament to Coach Gibbs, and the winning ways he is fostering with the Skins.

Well, I felt like I was talking in circles so I'm not sure I did the thought process much justice. I'm glad someone understood though!

First let's think positive we will beat the Bucs :D Not taking anything away from them they are a solid team in matter of fact you look in the mirror you see us you know what I mean ? These two teams are pretty evenly matched.

Oh yeah, you better believe it this season is a success even if we do lose to the Bucs simply because most of the so call experts predicted us to finish last in the division every one was saying 3-13 or 4-12 picture that . Plus for all the doubters when we were on the three game losing streak saying there is no way they would make it in to the playoffs.

Even with the five game winning streak the doubters tried to put on spin on the victories in matter of fact they said the Cowboys were so much more superior there was no way the Cowboys was going to lose to the Skins .

After we beat down the Cowboys they say well the Cowboys laid down for them the Giants will not . True, Giants were a little more competitve but again Skins should they were the better team despite the fact the Giants do have a better record that doesn't make them the better team. So in closing yes you better believe this season is a success.

This season has been a stunning success. Who knew that Moss and Portis would answer their critics by setting new franchise records? Who on earth would have predicted a 5-1 NFCE record (besides homers)? Everything from this point on is icing on the cake IMO but I'm praying for a ton of icing. :)

Yes this season is a big success even if we lose to TB. But I'm greedy, and honestly with the Big Skins fan turnout in Florida it might be the closest thing to a home game we get for our beloved Skins this year.

But like someone else here already posted. Let's steal some of the Dynasty thunder away from the Patriots.

I'll be crushed if we lose in the playoffs. But when I look back on the season in a month, no season ever (granted I'm young) has provided me with some of the memories this one had. This season was a success and then some.

I'm the exact same way. Just turned 24, my memories of Gibbs era I are faded with time... and this is certainly the greatest season since I've been a true fan, both for the total comeback thing, and the nature of the games we won - the amazing comeback over the Cowboys, and the dominant performance down the stretch. Especially after everyone, including me, doubted that this was a winning team. Just awesome.

BD

If you had told me, before the season began, that we would finish at 10-6 and in the playoffs, I definitely would have been happy with that. The first season was a resounding success. We stepped up in the division and look like we have a solid nucleus in place to compete in the future. This is the best the team has looked since the mirage of 1999. And we have a MUCH better coach in place than in '99.

The second season, the playoffs, start on Saturday. We've got a tough road ahead of us. No team has ever won it all from the #5 or #6 seed and only 2 (i think) have gotten as far as the conference championship game. 3 road wins is a lot to ask. But I have faith in this team. We've beaten most of the NFC playoff teams already. We have to potential to do some damage.

I hate to even ask it, but what if we lose to Tampa? Not to jinx anything, but can we call this season a success? Are you satisfied with a playoff appearance, and if not, what would qualify this season as a success?

I would say so. A 10-win season and a trip to the playoffs is better than 20 other teams. We have a strong core of players and needs that are addressable in the offseason. I think this year has been great and next year will be even better. HTTR!

Archived