Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Successful Season?

Fischer fan

1. winning record [box checked]

2. sweeping Cowboys [box checked]

3. dominating NFC East [box checked]

4. making playoffs [box checked]

5. finally turning this franchise around such that making playoffs becomes routine, with scattered Super Bowl victories(say 3-4) in the next 10 years.

[box NOT CHECKED]

I feel the most important requirement for a successful season is really what happens next year. Are we a fluke or are we actually building a dynasty?

For now, I will enjoy the playoffs. I WILL be satisfied with any outcome the Redskins encounter. I feel this team has gone over an above all projected predictions. I am happier and optimistic with this team more than any other Skins team since the year after their last Super Bowl (even more so than the '99 team). But what happens in the offseason this year will be more important to this franchises history than what happens in the playoffs this season.

Go Redskins! Do well in the playoffs. But let us retain all the key players from this year before they slip away in the offseason. BUILD THAT CORE!!!

I think this was a great season. My preseason expectations (and a result I would have been happy with) was to have a winning record and play some meaningful games in December. Well, we did that and we won those meaningful games.

I think that the rest of this season can be considered gravy. However, given the way we've played in the conference (especially against the first two teams we'd play in the playoffs if we win, TB and Seattle) I would like to see us steal a couple playoff wins before we end this season.

To be honest though, no matter when or how our playoff lives come to an end, it will be tough to be down on this team. They've been on a great run and have been playing with their backs to the wall for over a month now...

1. winning record [box checked]

2. sweeping Cowboys [box checked]

3. dominating NFC East [box checked]

4. making playoffs [box checked]

5. finally turning this franchise around such that making playoffs becomes routine, with scattered Super Bowl victories(say 3-4) in the next 10 years.

[box NOT CHECKED]

I feel the most important requirement for a successful season is really what happens next year. Are we a fluke or are we actually building a dynasty?

For now, I will enjoy the playoffs. I WILL be satisfied with any outcome the Redskins encounter. I feel this team has gone over an above all projected predictions. I am happier and optimistic with this team more than any other Skins team since the year after their last Super Bowl (even more so than the '99 team). But what happens in the offseason this year will be more important to this franchises history than what happens in the playoffs this season.

Go Redskins! Do well in the playoffs. But let us retain all the key players from this year before they slip away in the offseason. BUILD THAT CORE!!!

Great post.

My thoughts exactly.

Even if we don't win the Super Bowl, this season was a success.

Making the playoffs is HUGE for the Skins since we have only been to the playoffs once in 12 seasons, so yes this season is already a success in my eyes.

:eaglesuck

A tear shedding season,first to rally back an beat the boys in the first meeting,then to man handle them the second time.Go on a 5 game win streak while on the verge of elimination,couple of ol skins records broken.It has been a emotional year and one of my favorites,no matter what happens now, superbowl or not it has been a very great year and im loving every minute of it.Always been very proud of our team,now im jus a lil more proud,things are looking very good!

You forgot one.....

We swept the Eagles too!

It's no fluke......Gibbs is not a fluke.

Whatever he touches turns to gold.

I would have been happy just beating the Cowpies twice.

Hell, anything else is just whipped icing on the pudding cake!

The pudding's in the mix!

The doughboy rules!

Now I have the munchies!

Hail!:point2sky

this team did two things Redskins teams have not done for many years:

1. Establish FedEx as a definite homefield advantage going 6-2.

2. Be competitive in the division with a 5-1 record.

Last year the team was 1-5 in the East and did poorly during the Spurrier years as well.

Norv's inability to beat the Giants was part of his undoing. Remember that awful loss to the Danny Kanell led NY team?

You left out the wonderfully enriching opportuntity for some us to be right about so many different contorversial topics :D

:jk:

Everything on your list, particularly sweeping the cowpies, and seeing specifically Gibbs, Williams, and Portis getting what they deserve after getting what they didn't.

I would certainly say that it has been a sucessful season, win or lose against Tampa Bay. At the beginning during preseason I predicted this team would go 10-6. There have been a lot of bumps in the road (QB controversy, inconsistency, a few bad losses, a three game losing streak, lack of depth at key positions) that seriously made me question where this team was headed, but at the end of the day they fought their guts out and reached the 10-6 mark. Like a previous poster said, I too am worried about the salary cap situation, but as long as we can keep this team essentially in tact, I think they have bonded and come together the past few weeks in a way that trumps our areas of weakness.

One poster on this board once posted the question: Can Gibbs the coach overcome the mistakes of Gibbs the GM. I think he has in a big way.

:logo:

Archived