Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trouble In The Stands

Mark The Homer

First of all, the tailgate was great! Lots and lots of Redskins fans in our corner of the lot. I met a bunch of fellow Extremers, including SkinsForLife260, Tarhog, Blade, Donita35, Halter91, Skinsfandelaware, and a whole bunch of others. It was fabulous.

So I'm up in 225 Row 12, right on the 42 yard line, upper deck. And I'm just enjoying the game just like I normally would, standing and signalling first down when appropriate, signalling touchdown, etc. Nothing profane, nothing rude, no "Eagles Suck" chants, nothing like that. I'm just watching the game in a sportsmanlike manner. Thing is, there was not one Redskins fan behind me. All I could see was a sea of green. But that's okay, it's all in fun.

Meanwhile these Eagles guys to the left of me, who I was talking to and I had become friendly with, kept warning me to settle down, or stuff would happen. Like what? I'm just having a good time trying to work off my adrenalin, what am I supposed to do, sit there like a mouse? I can't.

Then the guys on my right said the same thing. Then they said they were Redskins fans too. I looked at them. They were wearing black and grey. Black and grey??? I watched them, and, sure enough, everytime the Redskins had a good play, they touched their fists together, but way down low by there knees, so that nobody could see them. What the hell?

So then I notice this other guy on the otherside of the aisle, and he's wearing burgundy and gold tennis shoes, and looking closer I could see "Redskins" on the back of the heel. But again, he was otherwise dressed completely in black and grey.

Next thing I know, some Eagles fan walks by and grabs my ball cap, and starts running up the aisle, and the whole damn section burst into cheers. I mean everybody, as if the Eagles had scored. It was incredibly loud. You know what that feels like? It was surreal. He goes up to around row 25 or so, and they start passing my hat down the row. I ended up getting it back because one of the people in the row was a Redskins fan, again, dressed in black and grey, but he held it for me and I got it back. I don't care about the hat, but I cared about the buttons which are over 30 years old. One says "I LIKE SONNY" and the other says "1972 NFC CHAMPIONS" so I was happy to get the hat back. (Tarhog got a pic of my ball cap and posted it with the other pre game pics).

I sat back down and took the buttons off my hat, because I didn't want to lose them again.

Sure enough, about ten minutes later, some ******* Eagles fan grabs my hat again, runs down to row 1 and wings it over the side amidst another burst of cheers and applause. You would not believe how loud it was.

Now security with the bright yellow wind breaker is getting in to it. They saw it and made the guy come up and apologize to me, and wanted me to press charges or something, I said don't worry about it. And the security guy said "Well, I'm worried about it", and I still said no I'm fine.

I don't really care about the hat, but I definitely cared about the buttons, so I'm glad I saved them.

Now, everytime somebody walks down the steps, they're yelling to me "Hey, where's your hat? Bwahahahhahah"

A few minutes later, I heard something hit the back of my chair. Okay, now they're throwing stuff at me. Plus, about six rows have cleared out behind me, making me an easy target. Coincidence? So I took off my white Brunell jersey and wrapped it in my coat. A few minutes after that, something hit me in the top of the shoulder, and it's a one of those little plastic containers with some kind of liquid in it - looks like soy sauce. Fortunately it didn't break open as planned.

So I got pissed, went down and asked to be moved, and they put me down in row 3 behind a wall, and I was fine after that.

Got back to my truck. Somebody had broken a Redskins car flag off somebody's car (not mine) and threw it on top of the hood of my truck. Somebody else two spaces over had their valve stem cut with a knife, so the tire went flat. No other damage that I'm aware of.

For all you who say I deserved it because you don't do that in Philadelphia, I say I cannot change the way I watch a game. I can't NOT stand when Redskins score. I can't NOT yell DEFENSE as loud as I can when the opponent has the fall, especially in the 4th quarter with the score close. I can't do it, and I'm not going to change my ways next year when I go -- although I will definitely wear a cheaper jersey and crappy ball cap.

As it turned out, Joe Holley of the Wash Post interviewed a lot of us at the tailgate before and after the game and mentioned me at the end of one of the articles this morning.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/02/AR2006010200045.html

:eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

Eagles and their fans really do suck. They really do. May they enjoy the off-season.

It bugs the crap outta me when 2 pints later "Fans" steal things and break things of other people.

Next time you feel like grabbing a giants fans hat and throwing it up in a tree near the DTC read the above message....

Stupid alcohol tricks are for kids...

Mark. Thanks for representing the B&G at The Stinc. I have to say that your story got me fired up and I will make Eagles fans lives even more miserable IF they show up next year. I'm tired of their act and for a whole section to bully one Redskins fan like that is utter BS! :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

First of all, the tailgate was great! Lots and lots of Redskins fans in our corner of the lot. I met a bunch of fellow Extremers, including SkinsForLife260, Tarhog, Blade, Donita35, Halter91, Skinsfandelaware, and a whole bunch of others. It was fabulous.

So I'm up in 225 Row 12, right on the 42 yard line, upper deck. And I'm just enjoying the game just like I normally would, standing and signalling first down when appropriate, signalling touchdown, etc. Nothing profane, nothing rude, no "Eagles Suck" chants, nothing like that. I'm just watching the game in a sportsmanlike manner. Thing is, there was not one Redskins fan behind me. All I could see was a sea of green. But that's okay, it's all in fun.

Meanwhile these Eagles guys to the left of me, who I was talking to and I had become friendly with, kept warning me to settle down, or stuff would happen. Like what? I'm just having a good time trying to work off my adrenalin, what am I supposed to do, sit there like a mouse? I can't.

Then the guys on my right said the same thing. Then they said they were Redskins fans too. I looked at them. They were wearing black and grey. Black and grey??? I watched them, and, sure enough, everytime the Redskins had a good play, they touched their fists together, but way down low by there knees, so that nobody could see them. What the hell?

So then I notice this other guy on the otherside of the aisle, and he's wearing burgundy and gold tennis shoes, and looking closer I could see "Redskins" on the back of the heel. But again, he was otherwise dressed completely in black and grey.

Next thing I know, some Eagles fan walks by and grabs my ball cap, and starts running up the aisle, and the whole damn section burst into cheers. I mean everybody, as if the Eagles had scored. It was incredibly loud. You know what that feels like? It was surreal. He goes up to around row 25 or so, and they start passing my hat down the row. I ended up getting it back because one of the people in the row was a Redskins fan, again, dressed in black and grey, but he held it for me and I got it back. I don't care about the hat, but I cared about the buttons which are over 30 years old. One says "I LIKE SONNY" and the other says "1972 NFC CHAMPIONS" so I was happy to get the hat back. (Tarhog got a pic of my ball cap and posted it with the other pre game pics).

I sat back down and took the buttons off my hat, because I didn't want to lose them again.

Sure enough, about ten minutes later, some ******* Eagles fan grabs my hat again, runs down to row 1 and wings it over the side amidst another burst of cheers and applause. You would not believe how loud it was.

Now security with the bright yellow wind breaker is getting in to it. They saw it and made the guy come up and apologize to me, and wanted me to press charges or something, I said don't worry about it. And the security guy said "Well, I'm worried about it", and I still said no I'm fine.

I don't really care about the hat, but I definitely cared about the buttons, so I'm glad I saved them.

Now, everytime somebody walks down the steps, they're yelling to me "Hey, where's your hat? Bwahahahhahah"

A few minutes later, I heard something hit the back of my chair. Okay, now they're throwing stuff at me. Plus, about six rows have cleared out behind me, making me an easy target. Coincidence? So I took off my white Brunell jersey and wrapped it in my coat. A few minutes after that, something hit me in the top of the shoulder, and it's a one of those little plastic containers with some kind of liquid in it - looks like soy sauce. Fortunately it didn't break open as planned.

So I got pissed, went down and asked to be moved, and they put me down in row 3 behind a wall, and I was fine after that.

Got back to my truck. Somebody had broken a Redskins car flag off somebody's car (not mine) and threw it on top of the hood of my truck. Somebody else two spaces over had their valve stem cut with a knife, so the tire went flat. No other damage that I'm aware of.

For all you who say I deserved it because you don't do that in Philadelphia, I say I cannot change the way I watch a game. I can't NOT stand when Redskins score. I can't NOT yell DEFENSE as loud as I can when the opponent has the fall, especially in the 4th quarter with the score close. I can't do it, and I'm not going to change my ways next year when I go -- although I will definitely wear a cheaper jersey and crappy ball cap.

As it turned out, Joe Holley of the Wash Post interviewed a lot of us at the tailgate before and after the game and mentioned me at the end of one of the articles this morning.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/02/AR2006010200045.html

:eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

Eagles and their fans really do suck. They really do. May they enjoy the off-season.

You've got be kidding me...

man in Arizona at the game we go crazy....no problems...

I guess philly fans think that **** happens everywhere..guess what Philly Fans...It doesn't.

You a classless bunch of chokers!!!!!!! (for the good quality eagles fans i say I am sorry).

I'm sure there are some a few bad apples in Skinsville but from what I hear it is nowhere near the the number of classless Philly fans.

So, Mark, are you saying that these things never happen in DC ? At Skins home games ?

You don't think that drunk Skins fans haven't done things like this also ?

At RFK I came back to find my rear window shattered b/c there was an Eagles sticker on it..... it sucks... but it happens... and not just in Philly....

I could tell you as many stories as you would want to hear, about the EXACT same thing happening in RFK and FedEx.

My fiancee is a die hard Skins fan, as are most of my friends.... you wouldn't believe the stuff that was yelled at us (my fiancee and me) at the game at FedEx this year.... some really effed up stuff.

Sorry you had a bad experience. Congrats on the win, good luck in the playoffs.

Here is a story that was in the Post about this very topic.... and NOT about Eagles fans. Again, it sucks that you had to deal w/ that yesterday, but don't fool yourself into thinking that Skins fans, and every fan base for that matter, doesn't have the same stuff going on. By the way, a group of my buddies went up for the game yesterday and had a blast... not one bad thing happened to them and it was there first time at a game in Philly....

Skins fans get rowdie also

My Daughter set the return tickets up for Me from my trip to Vegas.I found out at the Airport and decided not to fly to Philly.My kids had already boarded the flight when two tickets came up with 5 minutes to go.I did not have to fly to philly and then to Charleston.I did not want to jinx the game.I flew to Charlotte and was happy to do it.The last place on earth I would ever go is Philly.Bombing Santa is one thing but a Guys Mother that shows they are all retarded.The owner can stop that crap by banning that stupid stuff and if caught never get another ticket to a game. :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck . The Redskins started to play better after Portis Mom was on TV. :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

I think the Washington Post article posted by the Eagles fan sums it up. My number for season tickets finally came up. Next year I assure everyone here that I will cheer our team on, but I WILL NOT become an idiot. It seems that our society has changed to one that says whatever goes is fine. It's not. We all pay a lot of money for seats to cheer our teams on. Assault, stealing property, etc. isn't funny, cool, or acceptable at all.

GO SKINS!!!!

So, Mark, are you saying that these things never happen in DC ? At Skins home games ?

At RFK I came back to find my rear window shattered b/c there was an Eagles sticker on it..... it sucks... but it happens... and not just in Philly....

I could tell you as many stories as you would want to hear, about the EXACT same thing happening in RFK and FedEx.

My fiancee is a die hard Skins fan, as are most of my friends.... you wouldn't believe the stuff that was yelled at us (my fiancee and me) at the game at FedEx this year.... some really effed up stuff.

Here is a story that was in the Post about this very topic.... and NOT about Eagles fans. Again, it sucks that you had to deal w/ that yesterday, but don't fool yourself into thinking that Skins fans, and every fan base for that matter, doesn't have the same stuff going on. By the way, a group of my buddies went up for the game yesterday and had a blast... not one bad thing happened to them and it was there first time at a game in Philly....

No, I'm not saying that stuff doesn't happen at FedEx, but I've never seen it. From what I see, most of the rowdiness is from the Eagles fans. For one thing I've never seen an Eagles fan all by himself in a section -- there always seems to be dozens of them. So maybe that's part of it. I've also never seen their property purposely stolen / destroyed, but I guess that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

I can't say it was a totally horrible experience. I definitely enjoyed the game, and I'll probably be back. And losing my ball cap is not the end of the world. But throwing soy sauce or whatever that stuff was at my expensive white Brunell is getting pretty rude.

Thanks for the contribution. But did you notice that Portis' parents were moved down to the field b/c of the ass-hat Fecal fans?????

It happens in every stadium, true, but Eagles fans are the absolute worst and they are proud of it. Save your BS for the 700 level cro magnons. :hammer:

dude I was in section 228 and saw that ahole wing your hat over the wall onto the 100 level.I had my green jersey on and was cheering my ass off.I wasnt taunting anyone and someone had thrown something at me and it wound up hitting another eagle fan.Hell even in the parking lot before the game they were throwing coins at us.Scumbags.Alot of them had kids around them too.

My brother and his wife went up and had a great time too with no problems. Of course, neither was wearing a 'Skins article of clothing, nor did they have 'Skins paraphernalia on their car.

You're right, there are a-hole fans everywhere (there are also decent people everywhere, including in Philly; we're not indicting you). The problem is this: this stuff is simply far more common in Philly than virtually anywhere else. The only place I could even compare it to was the L.A. Coliseum when the Raiders played there - that place was scary to be in.

It's not a valid comparison to start citing your experiences as an Eagles fan in FedEx either. A lot of that garbage - and it is garbage - is retaliatory due to how bad it is in Philly and is therefore directed only at Philly fans when they're in town.

The truth is in virtually every stadium in the U.S., you can root for the visiting team decked out in their gear and expect at worst to be heckled. Where are the assaults and vandalism in Denver, Arizona, Miami, Kansas City, St. Louis, Chicago, Green Bay, Atlanta, New Orleans, Charlotte, Minneapolis, etc.? Pittsburgh fans are as passionate as any about their team, but I simply don't hear these kinds of stories out of there.

I've heard Cleveland can be a rough place to be too, and perhaps they're not discussed enough, but there's no denying that Philly is as bad as it gets in this regard.

You're right, this kind of stuff could happen anywhere. BUT, I live outside of Philly and have many Eagles fan friends, and even they agree that Eagles fans are downright miserable people. I've been to other NFL stadiums and there is no comparison. There is a line that they cross and they don't care. Believe me when I tell you that many of the obnoxious, angry Eagles fans take pride in their reputations for being low-class and nasty. They flaunted it in Jacksonville all Super Bowl week. They don't discriminate who they abuse either. I've seen them abuse women and kids who wear opposing team jerseys.

As for Mark The Homer, you were lucky you weren't baited into a fight. The individual sections at the Linc take pride in not welcoming other teams fans or letting them cheer. You really run the risk of getting things thrown at you, or being physically assaulted. The security guard you talked to wasn't comfortable with leaving the guy who took your hat alone because he sees it every home game. He felt that the situation would escalate and, as you stated, it did.

Dude, the Eagles fans didn't get their reputation overnite. It's been going on for years and other fans are now letting them know if you come to our stadium, don't cry wolf.

Yes, there are incidents at other stadiums, but they are of the isolated variety. Your scumbag compadres go overboard.

I don't know, maybe they are just frustrated knowing that they will probably die w/out seeing a Lomabardi in that empty, dust ladened trophy case. I mean come on, even the friggin' Ravens fans know what it's like to hoist a Lombardi. :laugh:

:eaglesuck

I'm not suprised....we went to a Metallica concert up at the Vet a few years back.....no Redskins stuff on my wife's car BTW and some ass put chewed gum on the car.

Plus the idiot Eagles fans kept chanting E-A-G-L-E-S during the concert and threatened to beat up a guy who was dumb enough to admit he was a Cowboys fan.

Just a bunch of thugs.....glad I didn't go to the game, I don't want to think what would have happened.

You're right, this kind of stuff could happen anywhere. BUT, I live outside of Philly and have many Eagles fan friends, and even they agree that Eagles fans are downright miserable people. I've been to other NFL stadiums and there is no comparison. There is a line that they cross and they don't care. Believe me when I tell you that many of the obnoxious, angry Eagles fans take pride in their reputations for being low-class and nasty. They flaunted it in Jacksonville all Super Bowl week. They don't discriminate who they abuse either. I've seen them abuse women and kids who wear opposing team jerseys.

As for Mark The Homer, you were lucky you weren't baited into a fight. The individual sections at the Linc take pride in not welcoming other teams fans or letting them cheer. You really run the risk of getting things thrown at you, or being physically assaulted. The security guard you talked to wasn't comfortable with leaving the guy who took your hat alone because he sees it every home game. He felt that the situation would escalate and, as you stated, it did.

I think you're right. I think the security guy would have thrown the guy out if I raised a big stink about it. But actually, as he left he said "You did the right thing" by NOT making a big stink about it. But I will give the security guys credit, they were very much on top of it, considering it was just a hat and no fights had broken out -- yet.

Archived