Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trouble In The Stands

Mark The Homer

I work for the airlines and I had an overnight in Green Bay back in September. Well we ran into a Midwest Airlines crew up at the GB airport early in the morning. The Midwest crew was Kansas City based and they told us about a time when they carried a bunch of Eagle fans from KC to Philly after the Eagles defeated the Cheifs back in September. Well, these "fans" were so rowdy and obnoxious the flight crew almost had to call airport security. One ass-clown in the back kept yelling out "E-a-g-l-e-s" during the safety demos. The flight attendents kept asking him to be quiet until finally the captain had to leave the flight deck and tell the guys to shut the hell up or else they will be arrested. Needless to say when the captain leaves the flight deck to discipline a passenger you know all kinds hell will come with him/her.

My girlfreind lives south of Philly and her brother went to the game last Sunday with his 3 year old son. Well of course they are all Redskin fans, and he wanted his son to wear his LaVar Arrington jersey, but my gf and his father pleaded with him not too, for fear that something might happen to his son.

We have seasons tickets at FedEx and we sit near an older gentelman who has been going to Redskin games for years, very nice guy. Well 5 years ago he went to an Eagle game up in Philly. After the game 4 guys jumped him and broke his arm in the parking lot.

When Micheal Irvin got hurt in 1999 the Eagle fans threw trash at the stretcher. I hate the Cowboys but I would not go that low, never.

It makes me sick that these people would stoop so low, especially for a crappy football team that prides themselves on hurting people (body bage game 1990) and dirty players, John Runyan, Andre Waters, Tra Thomas.

Like I always say, only 3 good things about Philthadelphia:

1.) Cheesesteaks

2.) A fictional boxer named Rocky Balboa

3.) Getting the hell out of there

I feel sorry for McNabb, I actually respect his couage, toughness and work ethic, too bad he does not play for a classy organization.

Well, if you're really interested in talking about addressing it, the first answer is to stop allowing tailgating for extended periods. I think we can all agree that the problem in most cases involves insanely drunk people acting like insanely drunk idiots. To think that ushers can really address this is problematic. In the Eagles case, once they recognize this as a problem, changing pre-game drinking and dramatically increasing the presence of security in the upper-decks, and broadcasts stating immediate removal from the game would be good first-steps.

I think you're on the right track but I don't necessary agree that tailgating is the problem as much as drinking TO EXCESS is. I'm really not a fan of punishing everybody because a few yuk-a-pucks can't handle themselves. We tolerate sobriety checkpoints on the roads, why not at the entrance to the stadium?

If you can't:

- behave

- stand up straight; or

- otherwise make it obvious that you're drunk

while waiting to enter the stadium, then you gotta blow. If you blow over the legal limit, you do not pass "Go" & do not collect $200.

Personally, I think that's legally dubious but we put up with it in the name of safety on the roads and just about every jurisdiction in the country still has a law on the books prohibiting public intoxication. I think that would be a heck of a first step but it would call for a King-Kong-sized set of stones by the NFL. They have an awfully cozy relationship with the alcohol industry, accepting a ton of advertising revenue from them.

Cheers,

CLBinMD

These threads always make me laugh. All bad behavior by Skins fans is either ignored or explained away. I guess if it makes you feel better to think that one fan base if full of scum while yours is filled with upstanding citizens, more power to you.

BTW, who pulled out the pepper spray in 02?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A26242-2002Sep16.html

Now come on.Do you honestly think you're fooling anyone? You KNOW that your fellow philly fans take this kind of ignorance to an entirely different level.You can find instances of stupidy from any fan base. Your buddies on the other hand are renowned for it.

A few years ago my girlfriend (now wife) bought tickets to the Skins vs Eagles game for my birthday. The game was being played at the Vet and we lived 15 minutes from there. Well, I got all garbed up with my Terry Allen jersey and we jumped on the train. Man, when I tell you that I have never been stared at like that in my life, I mean these people looked at me like I had stolen their kids or something. My girlfriend was very uneasy but I had kind of expected a little bit of that.

Well, during the game all I can remember was seeing in the (not so far distance), a bunch of Eagles fans harrassing Redskins fans that were younger, smaller and just obviously intimidated. Just to show you the level of cowardness that was going on in that stadium that afternoon...I was cheering my a$$ off in the section that I was in and there were hardly, if any other Skins fans around other than the guys that were being punked. I got alot of looks, but not one time did anyone give me a hard time or do a damn thing to me.

Now, I am a pretty big guy and I don't get harrassed alot in my travels. But that stadium and alot of its fan base showed me that day that not only is the price of beer up in there, but so is the coward level. Because lets face it you killers that were harrassing those little guys in that other section...those young pups were'nt nearly as loud as I was and you damn well saw and heard me.

What a bunch of sore losers and classless morons they are. I hope our fans behave like civilized people when other fans come to our house (including the the turd bird fans) I had a few incidents years ago at the old Vet stadium here in this philtyh low class city. The worst fans in the league :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

Every game I went to at Fedex this year, there were loudmouth drunk Philthy fans there, being the normal jerks they are. I almost got into a fight with a Philthy fan at the Seatle game, but a nice lady calmed me down and said the Philthy fan wasn't worth it and I ignored him the rest of the game.

They don't just act like jackasses at the Linc but they export it too. Probably their #1 export out of Philthy---loudmouth, drunken, jackasses.

Thats Philthy for ya.

I guess I got lucky that my row was second from the top. Bunch of mid 20 year olds in back of me who wouldn't bust a grape without backup. Beside me sat two girls who weren't even 20 with the foulest mouths you could imagine. They were really young, because they kept referring to Burnell as Sponge Bob Square Head which kinda fits him. Their mouths ran the whole game loud and would make a truck driver turn red. They even got to the point of screaming racist remarks to other fans in front of me. This continue the whole game, until we took the lead in the forth quarter, at which time the turned their aggression towards their own team. Moral of this story, Don't complain about your seats in Philly if you are two rows from the top. It was the safest place in the stadium and we even got away with singing HAIL To THE REDSKINS on one ocassion. However, the entire fan base in front of us turned around and this might not have been a wise decision. Also got a few "Enjoy your ride home" comments before the game was over, but that was it. Was glad to make it back to D4 after the game.

That's "JACKED UP" from the way you descibed the whole event you handled it much cooler than I would have. There would have been a few broken wings that day if it would have been me, but that is just me... cooler heads prevail and also stay out of jail is what my brother taught me

Good on ya

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Congrats on handling the situation as well as you did. It really sucks that there are so many jackasses and idiots out there. And while there are some that wear Burgandy and Gold, the numbers heavily favor the ones in green. Stealing or damaging someone's property because you dislike the team they like is one of the most immature things I've heard of. Terpseagles, you should be embarrassed for trying to play this one off.

Quick story- was at the philly game in fedex this year. Seems to me we were pretty rude to them too. One Philly fan had his Eagles jacket thrown over the fence out of the stadium. That was clearly crossing the line. Also- Eagles fans had to be moved out of our section because they were being harrassed so much (it was an old man pretty much minding his own). Food throwing, etc...

I felt pretty ashamed. Took a look at myself too. I was wwaaaaayyyy too drunk myself.

After reading these posts I personally realize I need to clean up my behavior too. I have been one of those "asses" on many occassion too. No fights on my part, but I have certainly been close and probably would have been if I was smaller/not as imposing.

From now on I will evaluate my behavior by asking the question "What would Joe Gibbs think if he saw me now?" I will try to uphold the same humble and classy image he does. Sounds like many others here prbably do the same.

Mark, sorry to hear about you "problem" at the game. I sat 4 rows off the field and we didn't have any problems til the end of the game. A bunch of assholes came down to get closer when a bunch of people left. They were causing a fight behind me but it got difused. It's a shame such a beautiful stadium is filled with so many low class pieces of ****. The Philly fans really don't deserve a stadium like that.

Now come on.Do you honestly think you're fooling anyone? You KNOW that your fellow philly fans take this kind of ignorance to an entirely different level.You can find instances of stupidy from any fan base. Your buddies on the other hand are renowned for it.
Great response Deacon. He brought up the pepper spray incident. Hmmm, how many other redskin games has pepper spray been used? and who were we playing?Hmmm.

The rowdiest game of the year is when Philly comes to town. We stoop to their level. They can get under our skin so easily because they are used to that behavior.

At home games I yell at opposing team fans, only when they are disrespectful of our team (and no just wear opposing teams colors is not disrespectful).

From my years of living in philly I was one of those guys sitting next to the thread starter. I couldn't wear my colors after my friend, an Eagle Fan, got hit in the head with full CAN of beer. Obviously they were aiming at me, but like McMahon's passes, they missed their mark.

below are some of the things that were said to me or people in my group. We had a lot of Skins fans around us so we were a little better off than most.

- F*ck You

- Go f*ck yourselves

- Go fl*ck youslef (From a drunk woman)

- You suck

- You f*cking suck

- You motherf*cking suck

- You flucking suph (From the same drunk woman)

- Wait till you get to the parking lot. I'm going to kick your motherf*cking ass

- What does your boyfriend do with those Mardi Gras beads Commish?

- Go back to Washington with those sluts and whores that you came with

- I hope he's paralyzed from the waist down (Father to young son that sat behind us during Redskins injury timeout)

- You motherf*ckers f*cking suck (9 year old boy with his dad to my freind)

- The Redskins suck

- The F*cking Redskins suck

- The motherf*cking Redskins suck

- Your mother f*cking team sucks

- Hey Commish you motherf*cker, go f*ck yourself

IN addition there was one guy that brought a cooler full of snow just so he could throw snowballs at Skins fans. Which in turn were more like ice balls.

A few fans we met up there came to us to apologize as they were embarrassed by what takes place there. ONe fan let us know though that there were never that many fans of an opposing team at that stadium ever. That was nice to know. It was also safer walking out to the parking lot in a huge group.

:eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

Mark, sorry to hear about you "problem" at the game. I sat 4 rows off the field and we didn't have any problems til the end of the game. A bunch of assholes came down to get closer when a bunch of people left. They were causing a fight behind me but it got difused. It's a shame such a beautiful stadium is filled with so many low class pieces of ****. The Philly fans really don't deserve a stadium like that.
You're right Dave. My company did the construction oversight for that stadium, so we were able to tour the stadium when it was first built. That is one of the nicest stadiums I've ever been in.

below are some of the things that were said to me or people in my group. We had a lot of Skins fans around us so we were a little better off than most.

- F*ck You

- Go f*ck yourselves

- Go fl*ck youslef (From a drunk woman)

- You suck

- You f*cking suck

- You motherf*cking suck

- You flucking suph (From the same drunk woman)

- Wait till you get to the parking lot. I'm going to kick your motherf*cking ass

- What does your boyfriend do with those Mardi Gras beads Commish?

- Go back to Washington with those sluts and whores that you came with

- I hope he's paralyzed from the waist down (Father to young son that sat behind us during Redskins injury timeout)

- You motherf*ckers f*cking suck (9 year old boy with his dad to my freind)

- The Redskins suck

- The F*cking Redskins suck

- The motherf*cking Redskins suck

- Your mother f*cking team sucks

- Hey Commish you motherf*cker, go f*ck yourself

IN addition there was one guy that brought a cooler full of snow just so he could throw snowballs at Skins fans. Which in turn were more like ice balls.

A few fans we met up there came to us to apologize as they were embarrassed by what takes place there. ONe fan let us know though that there were never that many fans of an opposing team at that stadium ever. That was nice to know. It was also safer walking out to the parking lot in a huge group.

:eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

Yeah man I heard all that stuff to and that was just walking into the stadium. I didn't look at anyone, didn't say anything my girlfriend and me were just walking in.

Hey Mark, that sucks dude, I was one section and 2 rows over from you. Those guys taking your hat was just wrong then the guy throwing it over the railing was uncalled for. I must say though after they took your hat the first time and you got it back you did stand up several times turn around and put it in their face that the Eagles were losing. I would have learned after the first time to not antagonize them. I'm not saying I didn't chear cause I did but I didn't turn around and shove it in the face of people that had taken my stuff or bothered me. To each his own though. I was representing and we didn't have too much trouble in the stadium. On another note there was a family sitting 2 rows in front of me with kids that were probably 10-14 years old and guys behind them were relentless calling them every name in the book. Come on man their kids.

All I can say is Philly fans are true A$$HOLES, they can't just make it a fun taunting they gotta get personal about it. Sorry your team sucks this year but get used to it cause you guys will suck for years to come now. HAIL!! :eaglesuck

On that note I don't think I will ever go back to Philly, atleast not take my girl with me.

The fans at FedEx are no where near as bad as Eagirls fans. People who come to the games with other teams colors do not have to be scared that someone is going to spit in their faces, rip their signs (like they to me at the Eagles Game), or throw their hats over the rail.

Mark, good job for keeping your cool and not giving those ignorant fans the satisfaction of responding with rage. :cool: On another note, it was nice meeting you Mark and Ellen. I was happy to see so many extremers at the game. I look forward to seeing you at FedEx. (For my first FedEx tailgate.)

:eaglesuck

Archived