Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Aikman vs. Collingsworth?

rincewind

Did anybody hear the comments Aikman made about Cris Collingsworth last night? He said something about him not showing up and how he never won a championship. Sounded pretty pissed at Collingsworth (also seemed rather unprofessional). Anybody know the story behind his comments?

I was glad he said it - Collingsworth is an anti-Redskin Eagle loving jerk. I'm so glad I don't hear him much anymore. He annoyed me constantly.

On the other hand, Aikman is a very respectable, fair announcer who is very complimenting of the Redskins even in a year when we sweep his team and then when a win will force them out of the playoffs.

I'm very impressed with him.

Troy said something about no one knowing where Collinsworth was like the guy was missing or something. It was weird.

Yeah, I thought he was implying that Chris was missing from the booth, and no one knew where he was.

Very strange.

I didn't think Aikman was taking a potshot at Collinsworth at all. I think Troy is too classy to do something like that.

Aikman and Buck were talking about how poorly the Super Bowl losing team has fared in the next season since 2000. Troy said that he could not imagine how he would have felt after losing a Super Bowl, but that Collinsworth could comment on it. I don't think there was anything derogatory there - Aikman could have said the same thing about Jim Kelly.

He wasn't insulting him, it sounded more like sarcastic and fun rubbing.

Buck was talking about how Philly was the 5th straight team to lose a Super Bowl and miss the postseason the next year. He then brought up how Cris Collinsworth, who used to be part of the Buck Aikman team, always gave good analysis on how losing a Super Bowl affects the team because he was on a Super Bowl losing team in Cincinatti.

Buck then said how Aikman was always quiet during that analysis because he was on the +3 side of that, and Aikman just kept it going saying he hasn't heard much from Collinsworth these days.

I just think Aikman wanted to make FOX look good and didn't want to say that Collinsworth had defected to NBC.

Aikman and Buck remind me of the other fraternity boys in Animal House. Mix in a personality please. ZZZZZ.

...If Brunell's pass would have 14 inches more in front of him, Moss could have run for many more yards. I'm ignoring the fact that 3 Eagles surrounded Moss because I am an idiot ex-Cowpuke who was only successful because of my OL in front of me.

I'm sure it was an inside joke.. Aikman said something about the Eagles losing the Super Bowl, and that if Collinsworth was there he could tell them all about what a losing Super Bowl was like.. I thought it was funny as hell, and it came off to me as nothing more than a little fun trash talk among friends.

And, yeah, Aikman is a terrific analyst. He actually talks to us as if we know a little something about theg ame, and explains nuances that others don't as a result. I like him.

However, I think Joe Buck's man-crush on him is a bit obvious.

~Bang

Archived