Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Andy Reid throwing in the towel already? (Wash. Times article)

#1SkinsFan

What does Andy Reid mean by a statement like this?? A coach who is supposed to get his players ready and hyped for a game, comes out in a Press Conference to concede defeat while the game has not even being played. I wonder what this tells the rest of the team.

Eagles coach Andy Reid apparently doesn't see his team standing in the Redskins' way, saying, "You guys (Skins) are going to be in the playoffs, fired up and ready to go. You won't have to worry about me."

http://www.washtimes.com/sports/200...24629-8244r.htm

I'm a Skins fan.

That means when anything good is seemingly on the horizon, I'm pretty cautious about it.

I don't care if their whole team is second stringers....ANY GIVEN SUNDAY.

When we are winning, and the 4th Quarter Clock ticks to 0, then I'll celebrate our first winning record and playoff birth in almost 6 years.

I'm a Skins fan.

That means when anything good is seemingly on the horizon, I'm pretty cautious about it.

I don't care if their whole team is second stringers....ANY GIVEN SUNDAY.

When we are winning, and the 4th Quarter Clock ticks to 0, then I'll celebrate our first winning record and playoff birth in almost 6 years.

Thank God I'm not the only one sweating this out to the end. :applause:

Guest GibbSkins11

he is trying the joe gibbs humble approach , dont buy into it , this is gonna be a tough game,but hey.....WE WIN WERE IN.......LETS GO SKINS!:applause: :helmet: :applause:

I actually heard this interview on the radio. And I think everyone is way off base.

Reid sounded like he was tired of answering questions when he made that statement. The reporter followed up with (paraphase) 'You know the Skins have to beat you to clinch a playoff berth' Reid did not respond right away and stamered a little bit.

I think he probably didn't know of all the possible playoff senerios because he knows the Eagles are already out of it. I'm sure he knows that the Skins beat Dallas twice and Dallas is the only team they show next to the Skins in the playoff standings. He probaby figured we had the tie breaker over them. Or, he doesn't give a crap about who is going to the playoffs since he isn't going. :2cents:

I heard something about this on thursday from a friend who had heard him on the radio, but I figured it was probably posted somewhere on this site.

Appearently, in an interview with sports talk 980's Bram Weinstein, Andy Reid said something like "Oh, well the Redskins are going to be in the playoffs, don't worry about it" and then he backtracked his way out of the comment. (paraphrasing)

I seen Brian Dawkins on an interview 2 days ago and he didnt even say nothing about the game. He was focused on there injuries, next year when they get healthy, and had a handfull of team mates who should go, which is bad news for any team. No he didnt name them but I think I might know who one of them is lol.

Archived