Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LaVar contact info.?

Siggers

Alright, so there is a bit too much consternation between the Skins org. and LaVar. I don't think there is anyone out there that can honestly say they would rather see him on another team, especially if that team was the Eagles and we had to see him twice a year.

That, for me, is worst case scenario. I live in Philly and being a Skins fan here is hard enough as is.

I also went to PSU while LaVar was there and next to Joe Gibbs he is my favorite NFL player/coach of all time. So what is a guy to do. . . ???

To the point though, does anyone out there have a website or email address where we can email LaVar to let him know (with the exception of a few ideologues in the audience) we support him and want him to stay. . . .but if he must go, please don't go to the Eagles.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.:eaglesuck

I think both of those pieces of contact info get forwarded to your cubicle don't they Dirk? You could have just told everyone how to get a hold of you instead of cloaking it as a vain attempt at insulting LaVar.

You think I am concerned about what you (who, as evidenced by your number of posts, has nothing better to do than mess with other people's legit questions) have to say about one of the best athletes in the NFL. . . . ?? Seriously I am asking. . .

I think both of those pieces of contact info get forwarded to your cubicle don't they Dirk? You could have just told everyone how to get a hold of you instead of cloaking it as a vain attempt at insulting LaVar.

You think I am concerned about what you (who, as evidenced by your number of posts, has nothing better to do than mess with other people's legit questions) have to say about one of the best athletes in the NFL. . . . ?? Seriously I am asking. . .

Whoa whoa whoa. I'll admit, Dirks post was a tad harsh, but it was funny in it own way.

We dont insult each other here, we arm wrestle.

Lighten up Siggers, it'll make your stay here a lot more enjoyable.

I thought your thread was a joke. So i decided to join the fray.

In the real world, I'm not sure how anyone at this point in time could support him. He's made it quite clear to anyone with half a brain that he fancies himself bigger than the team. We've heard from countless sources of players and coaches over the years that Lavar's biggest problem was and always will be Lavar. Despite this mountain of evidence, he continues to point his finger in every direction but inward. Lavar is no different than TO.

It's a damn shame if this is your type of guy. Then again, some of the most dispicable people in history have had their followers.

It's amazing what you can get away with by (constantly) saying two simple things:

1. I bleed burgundy & gold/I love the Redskins/I want to retire a Redskin

2. I love the/my fans

Actions indicating otherwise don't matter!

So, what's the email? Some serious butt-kissing to do!

none of us know the whole story on Lavar. It is so easy to sit here and judge him and make him out as the bad guy. Arrington does crave attention. He was the face of the redskins for the past few years. He is no longer that person. As long as he is still in a skins uniform, I will be pulling for him.

Sigger, you presume too much. A lot of us are sick of Lavar and would love nothing more then to see him leave. It's only going to get worse if he stays and he's proven that. Sugar coat it however you need to so you can sleep at night, bottom line is the guy is a **** head

It's amazing what you can get away with by (constantly) saying two simple things:

2. I love the/my fans

I've said as much in other posts. You judge a man by his actions, not his words. The more someone says something, the less I believe it.

2. I love the/my fans

This should be "stickied" to every LaVar thread. Everyone should be forced to read and think about it's meaning. If I constantly tell my wife that I love her, does it make it OK to cheat on her????????

In the real world, I'm not sure how anyone at this point in time could support him. He's made it quite clear to anyone with half a brain that he fancies himself bigger than the team. We've heard from countless sources of players and coaches over the years that Lavar's biggest problem was and always will be Lavar. Despite this mountain of evidence, he continues to point his finger in every direction but inward. Lavar is no different than TO.

It's a damn shame if this is your type of guy. Then again, some of the most dispicable people in history have had their followers.

The reason I support him for now is because plain and simple our back ups are Not better then him and we are heading into the Playoffs against the best running backs, QB's and where we have no 2nd chance.

We need our best players on the field, all it takes is one mistake by a back up " who is more likely to make mistakes" and we could all be sitting home watching everyone else play.

I dont give a dayum about drama, even little school girls creat it and can fix it with one talk. So why doesnt our team for the remainder of this year, then deal with it after the SuperBowl, I just want to WIN, not see my team fall apart now. In the words of Jack Kent Cook, Redskin fans are the best fans on the face of the earth!!!!

So why are we bashing our team? Why are we bashing each other? Joe Gibbs has built us a Beast who can take out any team in our way, as far as me, I am standing behind my team and as for now, LA is part of this team.

You're kidding right?

Read your own area writers and how bad timing with injuries and a difference in philosophy has made it hard to return to his Two-time Pro Bowl form.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/29/AR2005122901331.html

I liked to point out that he also dropped arbitration hearings for the 6.5 million the Redskins did or did not owe him. . . either because they did not in fact owe him or because he would rather be part of the team then "rock the boat". Either way, he did the right thing. He also came to Dan Snyder's defense back in the days when no one else would and for a large part of the season remained quiet about the little bit of playing time he received. And when he did mention it, what was it, one or two sentences about not playing and conceding to the fact that management no longer wanted him.

THERE IS NO WAY HE IS COMPARABLE TO T.O. -----

I was at the Giants game Sunday, on the home team side. I watched Lavar come off the field and knock over the Gatorade table, spilling water everywhere and disrupting the trainers. He was very PO'ed. The thing was, while he was throwing his tantrum, the team was playing their best game in years. To me, that little fit is symbolic of what Lavar has become. He is more concerned about himself than the team.

Don't get me wrong, I used to be a big Lavar fan. I have purchased two of his jerseys, one for me and one for my girlfriend. I looked forward to seeing him in Gregg William's defensive schemes. Sadly, he has put himself before the team lately. I don't like that.

Last year he begged to play at the end of the season. He got to play and then criticisized the team publicly for playing him. He said they rushed him back from an injury. So this year, they give him time to heal early in the season and he complains about not playing. WTF? Not only that, he also complained about his 65 million dollar contract. WTF? And now, before the biggest game of his career, he is more focused on what will happen to him next year than what will happen to the Redskins Sunday against the Eagles. Shame on him for giving this interview and shame on the Washington Times for printing it.

I had the highest hopes for Lavar. I enjoy watching his amazing athleticism and energy on the field. However, I am afraid he has become overpaid and selfish, making him a bad fit for the team-first, character-driven organization Gibbs is trying to rebuild.

We can clear a lot of cap room, which can be used to sign two or three valuable role players, by releasing him. It looks like that is the best thing for all parties at this juncture. Let somebody else deal with his tantrums.

There in lies a deeper issue, at least for me. The dissonance having to essentially decide between LaVar and the Redskins (Gibbs).

I will always pull for the Redskins over one player, especially if they are led by Gibbs, but this whole thing sucks. Why couldn't it have been back when we had Deion or Trotter or Smoot. All good yes, but I would have held the door open while those guys were being thrown out. . . .

Archived